Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui FN Five-Seven GBB In- Depth Review!

:

Reviews

Old September 29th, 2009, 18:34   #76
aznpos531

I guess it's a trade off for the hard kick. Can you guys post pictures of the damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
I could never stop going to WalMart. Its the only place I can get good airsoft guns.
aznpos531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 19:26   #77
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I think it was just poor design, but it hasnt really affected function yet, its jammed a couple times, but my KSC USP jams more often than it too,

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 17:09   #78
Aurelien

Hi everyone, Sorry for the necro, but I wanted to follow up on the issues some were having with their 5-7s, and see if things had gotten worse or not.

After another 4 months, does the 5-7 still stand up as an good buy? If you were doing it again, would you still use propane, or change to the duster?
Old February 9th, 2010, 17:19   #79
Skladfin

still no problem here.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 20:19   #80
tunabreath

I've had initial problems. Upon seeing it, I used silicone gasket maker to glue the halves of the hop up chamber together where they meet the outer barrel. No damage progression after that. The chamber/slide fit is like new (no more binding from barrel deformation parting the chamber halves).

Still kicks as hard as ever, as accurate as ever, as solid as new. There are some nice character building scratches from rolling over it last season, but the thing functions as well as I'd expect from a TM.

Definitely fully recommended.
Old February 13th, 2010, 23:11   #81
juicy

Just handled Skladfin's Five-seveN today for a few seconds... it is really a well built pistol. Like, I was amazed with it for a stock TM - and that says something right there, from a clone or non-TM supporter!

I dunno if this was mentioned (it probably was)... but the grip is super long and was uncomfortable for me to hold in my smallish hands. The safety is of excellent engineering, as the placement is just right for operation with your trigger finger.

And.. once again, the fit quality was amazing. That's basically all I wanted to say, come to think of it, haha.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 16:44   #82
Batman_76

Hi guys,

I encountered 1 month ago the same problem with the pins broken after hundreds of shots. The most serious problem is when the slide is back and you try to catch it with the slide catch, if you don't hold the slide close to the body the slide catch won't work.

So what would you suggest guys? To glue the rails on to the chamber?

Also I get double feeds every magazine. I tried all the solutions from hop-up correction to magazine cleaning and stuff.

Regards,

Iulian

PS: Sorry for my english. I'm European :P
Batman_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 14:02   #83
unwilling

I've had my TM 5-7 for about two months now. I've put around 2000 rounds through it. Still kicks as hard as ever. Even more than my friends TM G17 with a metal slide and high flow valve. The fit and finish are 96% identical to the real FNH 5-7. The ABS is of very high quality but if you want to get closer to the real steel Guarder makes a polycarbonate frame and slide. The real FNH 5-7 feels a bit more front heavy, probably because of the steel inner slide on the real version while the TM has an ABS one. I've seen some aftermarket aluminum inner slides for the TM version on the interwebs. The TM magazine's weight is very similar to a real magazine loaded with 20 rounds. The TM magazine is also metal while the real one is polymer. Not a huge issue seeing as the magazine will usually be in the magazine well.

I've had some serious problems with the hopup unit and both outer and inner barrels. After reading this article, I chose to purchase a Guarder stainless steel outer barrel when I initially purchased the GBB in hopes of solving the pin-hole distortion problem. Well, the holes on the barrel are pristine but unfortunately the camber pins payed for the strength of the outer. After about 1400 shots (all on propane), the pins were completely sheared for both the inner and outer barrels. The temporary solution I devised was to use blue loctite to glue the inner and outer barrel to the chamber. It unfortunately failed once (probably because I only gave it about 20 minutes to cure). I've now found a website that sells the two chamber halves for $19 USD. Unfortunately they do not have them in stock right now.

All in all, I would highly recommend this GBB. It is so enjoyable to shoot with it's crisp, strong blow-back. It is unfortunate that it didn't receive the benefit of being ridiculously over-engineered like everything else Tokyo Marui makes.
unwilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 14:40   #84
tunabreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_76 View Post
Hi guys,

I encountered 1 month ago the same problem with the pins broken after hundreds of shots. The most serious problem is when the slide is back and you try to catch it with the slide catch, if you don't hold the slide close to the body the slide catch won't work.

So what would you suggest guys? To glue the rails on to the chamber?

Also I get double feeds every magazine. I tried all the solutions from hop-up correction to magazine cleaning and stuff.

Regards,

Iulian

PS: Sorry for my english. I'm European :P
This is exactly what I ended up doing to mine, with some epoxy. Make sure you absolutely clean everything (swab with rubbing alchohol or something too to get rid of the grease/oil).
Mine is functioning pretty much flawlessly right now after that fix.
Old September 27th, 2010, 11:29   #85
unwilling

Has anybody isolated the cause for the shearing of the nubs in the hop-up chamber?
unwilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:35   #86
Batman_76

I glued the rails and it works flawlessly. I used some Epoxy glue for hard working metals so it is like a stone right now.

The pistol kicks ass! A masterpiece.

Thx
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:57   #87
Asane

Sorry for the necro but I was wondering has anyone actually found the fix for the sheered nubs in the hop up chamber for the outer barrel. I've seen a lot methods to prevent or prolong it from happening but I havent read about anyone actually finding a fix for it yet.
Asane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 19:09   #88
Batman_76

Bad news with my FN 5-7. The firing pin FN-38 got broken 4 months ago. I've been talking with all major airsoft retailers in HK and Taiwan and the part seems to be impossible to order rendering the pistol inoperable. So if you happen to broke a part which is not cloned in Taiwan or HK you are $%^$%%.

Any of you have a broken Fn 5-7 and wish to sell some parts?

Regards,

Iulian

PS: It seems like the pistol have some major design flaws never seen on a Marui pistol. But who knows maybe they rushed it. Anyway, bad thing.

Last edited by Batman_76; June 20th, 2011 at 19:11..
Old June 20th, 2011, 21:32   #89
George Burdell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_76 View Post
Bad news with my FN 5-7. The firing pin FN-38 got broken 4 months ago. I've been talking with all major airsoft retailers in HK and Taiwan and the part seems to be impossible to order rendering the pistol inoperable. So if you happen to broke a part which is not cloned in Taiwan or HK you are $%^$%%.

Any of you have a broken Fn 5-7 and wish to sell some parts?

Regards,

Iulian

PS: It seems like the pistol have some major design flaws never seen on a Marui pistol. But who knows maybe they rushed it. Anyway, bad thing.
This should probably be posted in one of the age verified sections.
George Burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 13:48   #90
Batman_76

Hi guys,

Is there any of you that has a broken FN 5-7 and willing to sell some parts? If not, are there any of you who dissasembled the pistol and willing to take some photos of a specific part FN-38 (firing pin) ? I would like to build one as there are no chances to get a new one from Marui.

Regards,

Iulian
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews