Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 6th, 2013, 20:32   #421
BennyBoy

Good to know thanks

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 22:19   #422
R700

I just received my 10/22 version 2. In advance i bought the RA TECH 380mm and the RA TECH hop up.

After disassembling the barrel. I noticed that mine has a inner sleeve inside the outer barrel that looks like a inner barrel extension for the stock barrel. I cannot install the 380mm cuz this "built in" inner barrel extension prevents the 380mm from going in. Any idea on how to remove that inner extension so the 380 tbb fits.

Also, this little metal shim fell off the lower receiver. It is about 1cm long and 3 mm wide. I have no idea but when i flipped over the lower, it fell from somewhere? any ideas of were it goes? I think it fell off near the barrel nut but it came from the magwell side underneath the receiver...i think. This is approximately the size.

R700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 23:37   #423
T-Hell

That extension. Silver tube is garbage toss it. The joining piece comes out. Take a long rod and put it down the front of the outer and tap the joiner piece out. Gentile taps should dislodge it

It is a connector for the extremely short inner and the extension piece.

It comes out. Jut tap it out. It fits pretty snug Aall kc02 s have em stock

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 23:40   #424
T-Hell

No idea about the shim thing my version 1. And my old version 2 did not have that part
Will look in the book and see if there is a shim like that. If you bought new there should be a diagram showing an exploded view if you dont have that pm me i have pics of it i can email you

Rhino Living

Old April 16th, 2013, 23:44   #425
T-Hell

Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/594291890586119/. For a kc02 facebook page. I have posted the manual there

Rhino Living

Old April 16th, 2013, 23:47   #426
BennyBoy

holy shit someone fell off the roof..
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 23:49   #427
R700

yeah, i looked at the diagram and i can not figure out that came from at all. if something comes up then post a reply. Thanks
Old April 17th, 2013, 00:07   #428
T-Hell

#7 in the diagram is the part that is inside the outer barrel that joins the inner to the fake inner / extension piece

it is probably lodged inside the outer barrel..

as far as the metal part just took mine apart and no such part
I would assemble without it and see just hang on to it....

did you buy it new? if not perhaps the old owner lost something in there.. if you did then sorry not sure..

took mine right down to the bolt and no such part in there like that ....

Rhino Living

Old April 17th, 2013, 00:39   #429
R700

yeah, its' brand new. i think it was near the barrel nut.I'll assemble it to see what happens.

For the new guys who want to remove the inner barrel.

INNER BARREL REMOVAL

The inner barrel consists of 3 parts. An inner barrel (250 mm), a inner barrel connector, an inner barrel sleeve (105mm). You need to remove these 3 things to install a new inner barrel exceeding 250 mm.

1-remove the top rail on the outer barrel. The screws that hold the rail down go through into the outer barrel. This screw over hang will prevent the inner barrel connector from moving.

2- take the old inner barrel, put it in the muzzle end and make sure the old inner barrel is making contact with the inner barrel sleeve.

3. Take a piece of wood and place in on the inner barrel as this is the point where you are going to make contact with the hammer.

4. Gently tap the wood so the inner barrel pushes the sleeve down which pushes the inner barrel connector down.

5- Once the inner barrel moves the sleeve loose enough, take a real cleaning rod or something similar. It will be able to fit now in between the inner barrel sleeve and outer barrel.

6-the cleaning rod should now be in contact only with the inner barrel connector. Gently tap the cleaning rod with the hammer until it is finished.

I have attached a picture to show the new guys what it looks like when removed to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks for all the PM advice. The picture is off the inner barrel, connector and sleeve along side the outer and new barrel. Thanks

Old April 17th, 2013, 06:53   #430
R700

I put the new RA TECH hop up in along with the RA TECH TBB. I noticed there is 2 nubs when i look down the barrel. The dial doesnt seem to be moving them up or down too much when i make the adjustments. The hop up is set in correctly. Does the RA TECH hop up need some rounds down it to break in. My VFC SR16 CQB was stiff and wasnt adjusting until about 200 rds. Any Suggestions. Thanks.
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:43   #431
T-Hell

Tim Hellsten basically here is a how to change your barrel

CAUTION CAUTION
work over a towel or a mat on a table there are lots of small parts that can and will spring forth and fall out you need them all there are no spare parts in the end of this....

NOTE you don't have to remove every allen bolt from the top rail just to change the inner barrel and hop up rubber.

NOTE if you do remove all the rails then WATCH there is a tiny spring and tiny brass nub thing under the rail.. this nubby and spring provides the clickey resistance you get in the hop dial...

NOTE keep track of what Allen bolt went were on the top rail if you mix them up and put longer ones in behind the hop toward the back of the gun then it will not cock and will not fire.....

1. Remove the 2 Allen screws after the hop up adjustment (toward the front of the rifle) Loosen the one directly before the hop up and remove the one that couples the 2 parts of the rail. You can leave the vack rail on If you remove it heed the earning about the spring and metal nub they will take flight

2. Remove the far back allen bolt NOTE there is a lock washer keep that don't loose it

3. flip the gun over and remove the bottom allen bolt in front of the magwell

4. carefully push up and forward a bit on the trigger guard and the whole assembly will come out leaving you with 2 parts
a. the body
b. the mechanism and barrel

NOTE there are pins in the trigger assembly they will probably just fall out... keep track of them you need them all

5. you will see a silver part on the front of the bolt housing with 2 allen bolts in it... this holds your outer barrel on

6. remove those too bolts and seperate your outer from the bolt housing

you will now see your inner (if stock) - some crappy little aluminum part and a joiner part then the brass tiny inner

NOTE. There is a joiner part that joins the inner barrel to an extension. Sometimes the joiner part fits tight inside the outer barrel. Take a rod and gently tap the joiner part out of the outer barrel It is tapered with the centre thicker then the edges It needs to tap out straight or it will get caught at the end of the barrel where there is a big slot Just be careful

Toss all that crap (so i lied there are spare parts)

7. slide out the inner and hop up assembly

8. undo the threaded retainer nut on the end of the hop up housing and then remove the barrel and hop up rubber from the hop up housing.

9. remove the hop up rubber and change barrels

10. reverse what you did to take it apart and boom new gun

3 spare parts. (assuming stock)

a. 1 mini inner barrel
b. 1 metal barrel joiner thingey
c. 1 aluminum extension part

that is it

here is a video

NPAS KC-02 / Full KC-02 Disassembly ! - YouTube

Rhino Living

Old April 17th, 2013, 07:46   #432
T-Hell

Recently done some upgrades. Put in RA Tech 510 inner and a falcon hop up rubber here are my FPS Readings

Gun Facts:
KJW KC02
Inner Barrel: RATech 510mm 6.01 TBB
Hop up rubber: Falcon hop up rubber for KC02
BB: .36 WE (green color) BB
Chrono: Xcortech
Mag: Stock short Green Gas Mag
Propellent: Propane mix with AI silicone Oil

Readings .36 BB / Converted to .20 BB
329.4 / 442
385.7 / 517
361.5 / 484
359.2 / 482
383.1 / 514
367.5 / 493
371.4 / 498
372.5 / 500

This weekend I am installing the following:
T.S.C. Steel Reinforced Trigger & Sear for KJW KC02 .22 Rifle
T.S.C. Steel Reinforced Piston for KJW KC02 .22 Rifle
T.S.C. Steel Reinforced Hammer & Strut for KJW KC02 .22 Rifle
T.S.C. Steel Reinforced Fire Pin/Disconnector/Guide Bead for KJW KC02 .22 Rifle
RA Tech Steel Bolt Carrier for KJW KC-02 GBB

as well I am putting in the RA Tech NPAS.. Looks like I will need it

I have my best friends KC02 here and did the same test

Gun Facts:
KJW KC02
Inner Barrel: RATech 380mm 6.01 TBB
Hop up rubber: RATECH hop up rubber for KC02
BB: .36 WE (green color) BB
Chrono: Xcortech
Mag: Stock short Green Gas Mag
Propellent: Propane mix with AI silicone Oil

Readings .36 BB / Converted to .20 BB
334.1 / 448
355.7 / 477
319.7 / 428
329.6 / 442
339.1 / 455
328.7 / 441

Rhino Living

Old April 17th, 2013, 07:54   #433
T-Hell

Testing C02 Vs Green Gas (Propane with Oil)

in prep for all this I wanted to get a bit of a base line on FPS. so I installed the 510 Inner and the stock hop up rubber.

NOTE:
(1): I set the hop up to roughly the middle...
(2): the Hop up was NOT adjusted from first shot to last.
(3): Gun was shot in +21 Degrees C
(4): time between shots 4 sec aprox

here are the results

Using C02 with KJW .2 BB's (most of them shattered against my garbage can)
Readings:

Using C02 with WE .36 BB's
Reading / Convert to .20
345.0 / 463
365.0 / 490
352.0 / 472
361.0 / 484
360.3 / 483
351.5 / 472
331.0 / 444
351.5 / 472
363.4 / 488
385.7 / 517
367.7 / 493
360.6 / 484
358.8 / 481
365.0 / 490
357.5 / 480

Using Green Gas (Propane and Oil) with WE .36 BB's actual reading / converted to .2
262.4 / 352
327.0 / 439
363.5 / 490
363.3 / 487
355.7 / 477
339.6 / 456
355.0 / 476
313.3 / 420
342.4 / 459
330.3 / 443
334.4 / 449
314.8 / 422
354.7 / 476
307.4 / 412
342.2 / 459
320.4 / 430

so the conclusion I draw from these readings is CO2 may be more stable (note these were Canadian Tire C02 cartridges - I am not sure if better C02 would be more consistent. This gun does not perform at all well with .2's meaning Chronoing with .2's at a game will give false results much lower then reality.

the Stock hop rubber was used. which is crap

all readings done on an Xcortech Chrono mounted on a Manfrotto Tripod.

BB's used:
.20 - KJW sample pack
.36 - WE BB's (Green)

Rhino Living

Old April 18th, 2013, 19:18   #434
R700

I don't have the chrony results like the post above which is informative and much appreciated. Thats the kind of posts i like.

I tried the set up out today with .3s and green gas. Temp was about 8 degrees and damp. Pretty cold. The hop up dial is about 2mm off the rail so its barely in use. When i adjust the hop up i am not even at the click point on the dial. I was hitting a 2x2 target 50m every shot and at 75m maybe 10 out of 30. I didnt chrony it but i brought my VFC SR16 CQB and shot side by side. The gbbr was more accurate at 50m and 75m for sure. my AEG goes 360 fps with .3s. The GBBR was much faster when i side by sided the guns at the same time.

I am going to try the heavier .4 bbs as everybody suggests, hopefully it will be enough to make consistent hits at that 75 m range. I am very happy with the range its at now. Not much more then my AEG but much more accurate and faster for sure.

Ill chrony the results soon

I mentioned that the hop up dial is about 2mm off the rail. The Ra Tech hop up nubs are still exposed in the barrel even with the hop up is all the way off. I had to back off 2mm from the rail like i said to keep it flat at 50m. The hop up can still be adjusted but you don't have the clicks as a reference and the knob is much stiffer to turn so i have to pay attention to how much force i use to turn the knob without over adjusting. When i look down the bore, its 90% barrel and 10% hop up. The dial is not at the click point, which is fine. It is still on the threads so it will stay on.

Overall, a good purchase but the drawback is the mags which doesnt bother me. I prefer mag changing. I use only low caps for my AEG so that transition is not a problem. Mag changes are part of the game. The mags don't like to be cold. 2x30rd out of one mag for this temp was optimal but thats it. Time to get more. I have 4 but a few more would be nice.

I would highly recommend this GBBR. I like the GBBR concept better as opposed to little moving gears and batteries. The mags are more expensive but when you factor in batteries and chargers, it is pretty much the same.

Thanks for the tips and keep them coming.

Last edited by R700; April 18th, 2013 at 19:23..
Old April 21st, 2013, 21:11   #435
Snake8r

I'm having a heck of a time finding a V1 10/22, in Canada, USA or HK .. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a local dealer who will import from anywhere.
Thanks!

Last edited by Snake8r; April 21st, 2013 at 21:45..
Snake8r is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion