Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This is the KJ 10/22 thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 16th, 2013, 00:02   #451
Strelok

Got the local gunstore to bring one in for me, Fits nice! Just had to get rid of the tab on the back of the receiver. Too much filing...

Can real steel aftermarket charging handles work on these things? Not a real fan of the 'tactical' charging handle Ratech offers.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 02:37   #452
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

So I ran into a guy who was looking to offload his airsoft stuff, after taking a look at his kwa m93r and kjw kc-02 I made him a lowball offer... and he accepted... So I've stumbled on a KC-02 for dirt cheap, and as it turns out I LOVE THIS GUN.... Both mags I got with it were leaking, but they were extremely simple to fix. After reading all 32(?) pages of this thread I am now stoked to deck this thing out. So I've ordered a pile of crap and totally overspent on a gun I didn't even intend to buy in the first place. This will be my DMR/Sniper, my local field allows up to 450 fps so I will be aiming for 430-440 range. Even though it seems to shoot close to there already... Based on the advice of a few here I've ordered an RA tech hop up bucking, 380mm tb barrel, and a NPAS. I've also ordered a scope, bipod, a new butt stock, and 5 30rd mags. It's too bad summer is almost over and I may not have the parts or mags to play it until September sometime, which could mean it's a less effective gun depending on how quickly the weather goes back to cold.

I will of course post some pictures when I complete my build, but so far this gun seems right up my alley.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 17:03   #453
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Anybody got a trick for speed loading these short mags? I thought about tying fishing line to the bottom of the spring so I could pull it down and more easily load it but I'm pretty sure that would require 3 hands...
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 15:47   #454
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

Has anybody removed the front sling mount on this? Would like to kmow! Ty
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 15:48   #455
T-Hell

Yep removed mine and the rails on the bottom and sides make the gun much more easy to hold...

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 15:53   #456
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

How is it done? Its flappy and noisy... do I need to take it apart? This is my first GBB so im sweating doing so.
Old March 24th, 2014, 05:59   #457
timmah

There are two screws you need to remove, and then its right there. The screws are: 1x at the back of the receiver, and 1x right in front of the magwell. Remove them, lift the barrel and then you can get to the nut that holds the sling swivel in place...
timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 08:33   #458
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmah View Post
There are two screws you need to remove, and then its right there. The screws are: 1x at the back of the receiver, and 1x right in front of the magwell. Remove them, lift the barrel and then you can get to the nut that holds the sling swivel in place...
Yep, I did it last night... I just took it apart & it was rather quick. Thank you!
Old April 4th, 2014, 15:20   #459
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

Does anyone know who or where I can order RA tech parts for the KC02... everywhere I have looked in country is sold out or not carried... I am seriously thinking of ordering from evike now plus some mags...
Old April 4th, 2014, 23:26   #460
T-Hell

What are you looking for. I have a bunch of ratech steel parts I never got around to installing I was about to put up for sale. Pm me will discuss

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 09:55   #461
Datawraith

Time to revive this thread!

Just bought a used stock KC02 and was planning on overhauling it.

After reading all 31 pages of this thread a few times, I decided to go with the following upgrades:
-RA-Tech 6.01mm Stainless Steel Tightbore – 380mm
-RA-Tech Hop-Up Rubber
-RA-Tech NPAS
-PRS Stock
-WA GBBR G27 Grip

What are your opinions on the above?

Does anybody know if ASD's PRS AEG Simplified stock will work on the KC02 and also if MP5 pouches will fit the long mags?

Finally, how have your rifles held up after a few years (if you didn't sell them)?

Thanks all.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:42   #462
naminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Time to revive this thread!

Just bought a used stock KC02 and was planning on overhauling it.

After reading all 31 pages of this thread a few times, I decided to go with the following upgrades:
-RA-Tech 6.01mm Stainless Steel Tightbore – 380mm
-RA-Tech Hop-Up Rubber
-RA-Tech NPAS
-PRS Stock
-WA GBBR G27 Grip

What are your opinions on the above?

Does anybody know if ASD's PRS AEG Simplified stock will work on the KC02 and also if MP5 pouches will fit the long mags?

Finally, how have your rifles held up after a few years (if you didn't sell them)?

Thanks all.
That all sounds decent. I went the VSR chamber route and put and Orga wide bore in my gun with a Maple leaf bucking.

Time will tell I guess.

At any rate, the best mag pouches for the KC02 are M4 pouches (2 fit snug) double stack pistol mag pouches (snug fit) open top Pistol Tacos (apparently one of the best options).

I would think a standard MP5 mag pouch would be too long.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:46   #463
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
I would stay far away from RA-Tech, but that's just me :P.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 13:22   #464
Datawraith

@naminator: I've also heard that 40mm grenade pouches work too, but all of those would feel pretty bulky because I'm planning on using that in a drop leg setup, so I was hoping that MP5/MP7/UMP pouches would work. If the pouches are too long but the mags fit in, then I'd just rig something on the bottom of the pouch to stop the mags from slipping too deep.

Do you know if a AEG PRS stock could be mounted to a KC02?

@BioRage: What's wrong with RA-Tech? Most of the guys on the forums (not just ASC, but the others as well) say that the RA-Tech rubber and barrel are great on the KC02.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 13:31   #465
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
I would choose Falcon inner over the RA-Tech inner, but that's me.

I stay away from RA-Tech, it gave me issues on my LM4 back in the day, and I've seen them in person mess up with their WE line (SCAR/M4), and their NPAS is quite in-consistent, however, I am not familiar with the KC-02 platform, just thought I'd mention it.

I run a Falcon inner with rubber now on my KJW P-09 and it's amazing.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion