Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a Bullpup (Not the canine ones)

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 6th, 2014, 00:58   #1
DarkAura

Looking for a Bullpup (Not the canine ones)

Hi All,

I'm new to the whole airsoft deal. I'm trying to look for a decent-great bullpup design gun to start out with. Quite simply I love bullpup designs. I was looking at an S&T Tar-21 Professional, but I can't get that shipped over, due to obvious reasons.

Any suggestions for a nice looking, decent-great quality bullpup AEG for ~200-300$?

All help is appreciated.
DarkAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 01:24   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Get age verified and we can show you where to get all kinds of things, even a Tavor in country.

If bull-pup is what you're interested in, there are several platforms, and several variants of each platform.

- AUG
- Tavor
- L85
- Famas

To name a few. There are several retailers and reviews you'll have access to once your verified. To find an AV'r in your area check the "regional representative" section in the forums.

AV rules:
- 18 years of age or more
- In person only
- present government issued photo ID to AV'r upon meeting them.
Old August 6th, 2014, 01:48   #3
DarkAura

I'm trying to do so. I'm just wondering suggestions for now. I really do want to get access to the classified, as I know you can get a higher-priced gun for cheaper since it's used. I'm attempting to become age-verified. I'm most interested in the Tavor and the Famas variants.
Old August 6th, 2014, 08:27   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not much available in terms of famas... it's a choice between marui and cybergun... and the marui one was the very first ever aeg... it has a v1 gearbox... it is the ONLY gun to have a v1 gearbox and thus there are no parts for it, since the norm is v2 and v3. The only real choice for a famas would be the cybergun version, since whoever makes it redesigned the gearbox bay to hold a standard v2/3 gearbox, so there are parts available.

The next problem is finding mags if you find the gun. As much as you would like a famas, it would probably be best to pass on it for the sake of game-ability.
Old August 6th, 2014, 09:32   #5
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

You guys left out the P90. For airsoft, it's a very potent AEG. It's gearbox is indestructible and it can old a large battery with very minimal and easy modification.
It's only drawback is the 50rnd mags that are large and inconveniants.

I used to run play with a TM P90tr upgraded to 350fps. Carried 5 lowcaps in games in a custom vest. It was awsome.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 10:44   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

well it sounded like he wanted a carbine or longarm rather than an smg/pdw.
Old August 6th, 2014, 11:40   #7
DarkAura

Yeah, I'm most definitely looking for a carbine. Don't get me wrong, I love the P90, and in the future when I've played the game for a while I'll probably end up owning one. For now though I want the versatility of the carbine-type bullpup guns.

Sad to hear about the FAMAS. It's a gorgeous gun. And ambidextrous. Is there any way to convert the TAR-21 so that the Mode selector and cocking mechanism is on the right side of the gun? I shoot left-handed.
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:20   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not possible as far as I know. Those guns that do have ambi selectors have weird devices that pass through or around the gearbox to access the physical plate that does the fire selecting. All this is located on the left face of the gearbox on a v2 and v3. The mechanics are build on the left side of the gears and gearbox. As a lefty shooter you're either going to have to get used to the selectors being right friendly or pick a gun that is ambi friendly, which will expand your search to outside bullpup designs.

Choices are pretty limited... some mp5s, scar, g36, I think the masada, kac-pdw.
Old August 6th, 2014, 13:14   #9
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

It's way over your budget but should be mentioned, a Real Sword Type 97. I believe I read they are made by Norinco which is a real-steel gun manufacturer in China. I've heard others described them as making the PTW of AKs so I imagine their Type 97s must be a thing of beauty as well.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 13:17   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

in some circles that doesn't mean a whole lot.
Old August 6th, 2014, 13:37   #11
SuperCriollo

From what I recall bullpups aegs available in airsodlft are:

-AUG
-Type 97
-P90
-PDR
- APS UAR
- L85
-FAMAS
-Tavor

You might want to check the APS UAR, I've heard good things about it, even though APS is a sketchy brand. Both the L85 and Type 97 aren't lefty friendly at all. Actually the 97 doesn't like righties as well lol

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 14:47   #12
DarkAura

I like the looks of the APS UAR. I also like that it's ambidextrous. It's in my price range as well. Great suggestion. Apparently it has a v3 gearbox from an AK. As far as my limited knowledge goes a v3 box is good, is it not?

This may actually be the gun I go for, depending on if I want to buy new, or used after I become age verified.
Old August 6th, 2014, 14:59   #13
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

V2 and V3 are good from the sense a lot of parts are around to fix/upgrade them.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 15:11   #14
Wilkie

I have a friend on our field with a Tar21 set up for left handed shooting, though I'm not aware of the brand.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 15:52   #15
targetGspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAura View Post
Yeah, I'm most definitely looking for a carbine. Don't get me wrong, I love the P90, and in the future when I've played the game for a while I'll probably end up owning one. For now though I want the versatility of the carbine-type bullpup guns.

Sad to hear about the FAMAS. It's a gorgeous gun. And ambidextrous. Is there any way to convert the TAR-21 so that the Mode selector and cocking mechanism is on the right side of the gun? I shoot left-handed.
Had an ares tar 21, (lots of issues) but switching to lefty is easy. trick is to use one of these, http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/M...Tool/8262487.p or something similar to hold it in place from inside the grip while you unscrew and turn around the selector switch. the ejection port cover just pops out and back in on the other side. The cocking lever can be switched but I can't remember how easy/hard it is. I never bothered with the port cover or the cocking lever, just the switch so i wouldn't bump it with my hand.

Had a p90, and an aug as well. Best bull pup for me is the Magpul pts pdr.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank