Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

echo 1....my first problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 25th, 2012, 16:34   #1
wilsonred5

echo 1....my first problem

ok so i am completely new to air soft havint even played a game yet and pretty sure id like it....now iv got a echo 1 stag arms full metal m4 and the cock sucker keeps jaming...did the math and the batteries should be charged for like 5 hours and its is extremely hot after that ...anyway it still jams ....had the whole thing apart before i got the gear box haha and it worked for about 3 min before it jamed again...so i dont know if its the gun or the battier ....and when i mean jamin...piston stuck back and gears jammed ...so any imput would be great ...to lazy to take it apart again ...been thinkin aboiut gettin a better gun
wilsonred5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 16:48   #2
lanepratt
AV revoked.

by Jamming do you mean the gear box wont turn over or are the bb's not feeding?

You may have purchased it when the fps limits needed to be over 400. you may have a heavy spring in it still which the batt and stock motor will struggle to pull causing it not to cycle. Putting in a lower spring such as a 110 may solve your problem.
lanepratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 16:52   #3
JonsM4

What kind of BB's are you using?
Old April 25th, 2012, 17:04   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

is that the battery that came with the gun? it's most likely a shit battery, combine that with a fairly heavy import spring to make it 400+ you could just have a dead battery that can't pull the spring.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 17:08   #5
wilsonred5

thanks man it came with another spring that said 110 on it so im lookin for it now to conferm it ...im using crappy tire 6mm bbs lol
Old April 25th, 2012, 18:13   #6
Crunchmeister

You haven't answered any of the questions people asked to try to get your problem solved. Kind of hard to help without answers.
Old April 25th, 2012, 19:12   #7
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonred5 View Post
thanks man it came with another spring that said 110 on it so im lookin for it now to conferm it ...im using crappy tire 6mm bbs lol
There is your problem.

But the battery is also probably crap, the wall charger is not a charger, it's a power supply and the import spring makes it shoot 430, so you will need to swap the springs anyways to be able to play anywhere.

NEVER USE CHEAP BBs.

You probably will need a new hop-up rubber and inner barrel now since you scraped theses with the crappy BBs.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 21:28   #8
JonsM4

Op do us all a favour.....please bang your head on the wall now.
Old April 27th, 2012, 15:47   #9
wilsonred5

ok well i found the srping and it says 140 on it ....and i cant find anywhere it says the stock spring on it ...i looked online and in the manual
Old April 27th, 2012, 17:06   #10
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

It's kinda tricky, When your gun was imported into Canada the Fps needed to be upped for our laws. Likely this was accomplished by a "middle man" installing a 140 spring. In my experience the original stock spring is put into the box that the 140 came out of and included with the gun. The stock parts really struggle to work with a 140 spring , so the stock spring or any 100 ish spring should be put back in. ASAP
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 18:50   #11
wilsonred5

ok well ill try switching the springs anyway but the 140 spring package dosint look opend ...the staples are still in it
Old May 1st, 2012, 14:34   #12
techman.chan

@ Wilsonred5

I have the same problem your having with my friends ECHO1 M4. We swapped out spring for factory M100 ish spring before our first fire. Hooked up a 9.6v battery (not the included one) and same thing as you it fires once or twice then the gearbox seizes.

I've taken this thing about like 20 times and reassembled and regreased too. I don't know if Echo1 had a short bad line of gearboxs.
techman.chan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner