Reviews

Old August 16th, 2012, 00:22   #31
Dulcepericulum

Ghk akm

How did you remove the bluing? How did you weather the wood? Thanks
Dulcepericulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 23:10   #32
Off_kilter

Has anyone run this on duster? IS it even possible?

Edit: Or any other way to get it under 350 fps

Last edited by Off_kilter; October 22nd, 2012 at 23:12..
Off_kilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:14   #33
vnbadboy

WGC has the nozzle with under 1J. ..
vnbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 16:54   #34
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
How is this gun standing up, I am interested in one?
Old January 23rd, 2013, 21:07   #35
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Tapper View Post
How is this gun standing up, I am interested in one?
Quite well actually. I started to get some stoppages when firing with the bolt carrier partially forward; immediate action of pulling the bolt handle back and letting it fly would then result in a slam fire. Turns out the pin that was used to hold the rear sight base onto the barrel was slightly too small in diameter and the sight base started to wobble , causing friction and not allowing the bolt carrier to travel all the way forward.

Fixed this by boring out the hole in the sight base and installing a real AKM pin which was larger, did the trick. Other than that no problems whatsoever... The mags could be easier to maintain as I have had a few pop seals, winter project is to sit down, strip them down to parts, soak in oil a few days and reassemble and they should be fine.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 21:08   #36
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcepericulum View Post
How did you remove the bluing? How did you weather the wood? Thanks
"Naval Jelly" rust remover and a variety of sandpaper and blunt objects to rough up the wood.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 21:51   #37
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Quite well actually. I started to get some stoppages when firing with the bolt carrier partially forward; immediate action of pulling the bolt handle back and letting it fly would then result in a slam fire. Turns out the pin that was used to hold the rear sight base onto the barrel was slightly too small in diameter and the sight base started to wobble , causing friction and not allowing the bolt carrier to travel all the way forward.

Fixed this by boring out the hole in the sight base and installing a real AKM pin which was larger, did the trick. Other than that no problems whatsoever... The mags could be easier to maintain as I have had a few pop seals, winter project is to sit down, strip them down to parts, soak in oil a few days and reassemble and they should be fine.
Are the leaks on the shaft of the striking part of the valve,that is where mine
is leaking on the first GHK they made. The silver shaft has two orings,but the
brass cylinder it rides in is rough.
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:24   #38
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

nah, leaking from the gas tubes themselves
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:29   #39
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
"gas tubes"? do you just mean the main reservoir? or do GHK mags have tubes all in there somewhere

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 19:15   #40
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

They have a dual reservoir system comprised of two cylinders.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 13:29   #41
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I just upgraded to the PROWIN magazines and wanted to post up about my experiences with them and other PROWIN upgrade parts that I have started to install in this rifle.

The new magazines from PROWIN are far far superior to the standard GHK magazines. Gone is the dual tube gas reservoir and instead the PROWIN magazines feature a CnC machined aluminum reservoir which will positively, absolutely not leak so long as you treat it right, unlike the GHK mags which are very labour intensive to keep in working order.

I do have to say that the external shell on the GHK mag is superior to the PROWIN, being blued steel instead of the painted phosphate steel finish on the PROWIN mags. However, if one is really hard up and wants nice blued steel mags, it's just a matter of stripping and reblueing.

One issue with the PROWIN mags, I had quite a bit of a problem with feeding. The rifle was plagued with constant "bolt partially forward" stoppages. The fix for this was to cut away the bottom of the feed ramp on the chamber; however installing a PROWIN CnC Aluminum nozzle set fixed all feeding issues and actually the bolt cycles better than when the rifle was stock. So something to keep in mind if you are going to put some cash into the PROWIN magazines (which are very, very much worth it over the GHK ones) then remember to install the matching PROWIN nozzle to prevent issues with feeding.

I have a PROWIN metal chamber on the way, as well as a PROWIN firing pin so I will update here when I've installed those components.
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:20   #42
BrevityThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post

Anyhow, mine is here, a few question though. I am having issue with a charged(gassed up) mag, with the gun on safe, fingers away from the trigger, my somewhat clumsy AK mag insertion seems to cause the gun to fire by itself.....which is not going to be terribly safe....is this normal or its just my poor technique?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post

The technique helps a lot with the misfire issue.....you really have to rock it, and you really have to apply pressure and push against the front "hook" while rocking it back, or else mag may not find home, or it might mis-fire....

Keep the gun off safe too, as the cycling bolt if it misfires will bash against the selector...
Was lurking to find a solution to the above issues which I experience as well. Curious to see if a combination of the PROWIN firing pin and magazines will alleviate the issue or if it will still come down to technique when inserting a magazine to prevent the misfires.

Thanks for the well crafted review and subsequent follow ups, Kokanee. I'm looking forward to your findings with these new parts installed.

Quote:

I have a PROWIN metal chamber on the way, as well as a PROWIN firing pin so I will update here when I've installed those components.
BrevityThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:41   #43
uncle_benny12

Quote:
I just upgraded to the PROWIN magazines and wanted to post up about my experiences with them and other PROWIN upgrade parts that I have started to install in this rifle.

The new magazines from PROWIN are far far superior to the standard GHK magazines. Gone is the dual tube gas reservoir and instead the PROWIN magazines feature a CnC machined aluminum reservoir which will positively, absolutely not leak so long as you treat it right, unlike the GHK mags which are very labour intensive to keep in working order.

I do have to say that the external shell on the GHK mag is superior to the PROWIN, being blued steel instead of the painted phosphate steel finish on the PROWIN mags. However, if one is really hard up and wants nice blued steel mags, it's just a matter of stripping and reblueing.

One issue with the PROWIN mags, I had quite a bit of a problem with feeding. The rifle was plagued with constant "bolt partially forward" stoppages. The fix for this was to cut away the bottom of the feed ramp on the chamber; however installing a PROWIN CnC Aluminum nozzle set fixed all feeding issues and actually the bolt cycles better than when the rifle was stock. So something to keep in mind if you are going to put some cash into the PROWIN magazines (which are very, very much worth it over the GHK ones) then remember to install the matching PROWIN nozzle to prevent issues with feeding.

Hey Kokanee,

Did you have the bolt partially forward problem with the standard GHK magazines as well? I am having the same issue with my GHK magazines so I just wanted to see how you solved this on your gun.
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:51   #44
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
Hey Kokanee,

Did you have the bolt partially forward problem with the standard GHK magazines as well? I am having the same issue with my GHK magazines so I just wanted to see how you solved this on your gun.
I was but only once in a while. I chalked it up to a loose rear sight base and once I fixed that it seemed to go away, but came back after a little bit.... I will try out a standard GHK magazine in my gun today and see how it feeds with the PROWIN nozzle assembly... But I have a feeling it will feed just fine.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:53   #45
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrevityThing View Post
Was lurking to find a solution to the above issues which I experience as well. Curious to see if a combination of the PROWIN firing pin and magazines will alleviate the issue or if it will still come down to technique when inserting a magazine to prevent the misfires.

Thanks for the well crafted review and subsequent follow ups, Kokanee. I'm looking forward to your findings with these new parts installed.
Honestly I have never had this problem; I insert a magazine using the proper method and all is well. Sorry I can't offer any advice on this; try hitting up the gasgunforum though.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews