Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&P Magpul Sentry With QD Powerup Silencer AEG

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 1st, 2014, 00:15   #1
Iniquity

G&P Magpul Sentry With QD Powerup Silencer AEG

Hey I'm looking at this rifle G&P Magpul Sentry With QD Powerup Silencer AEG anyone know if this is good?
Iniquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2014, 13:01   #2
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I gamed one at NF3, excellent gun! Not too sure about the power up suppressor tho, I ran a madbull black python tightbore in mine, incredible range! Never went down for me, only switched guns because my buffer tube lipos were all dead!
Old July 2nd, 2014, 20:31   #3
Caelan

I have the G&P Rapid Fire if thats what u r talking about. Its basically a smaller version Sentry with a QD power up silencer. Shoots 350 fps without and 430 fps with it on....chrono at those fps readings 5 days ago. The power up silencer with the added inner barrel on it doesnt really work right. It will not stay tight or straight into the guns inner barrel. Bb's smash off the qd silencer inner barrel and go totally out of control. Not sure why the two barrels dont fit tight or straight together. Unfortunately as of now id say its not a great working gun (the power up suppresssor part) if that helps u at all. I will most likely put in a new longer 6.01 or 6.03 tbb and put a different mock suppresssor on.

Last edited by Caelan; July 2nd, 2014 at 22:05..
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2014, 21:24   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

They don't fit well because:
1) Airsoft gun manufacturers don't follow any sort of standards for thread form, which means all their threads are different
2) Threads are NOT positive locating mechanical interfaces. Due to the required tolerance between male and female threads, there will ALWAYS be radial slop.
3) Barrels require pretty intense tolerances during manufacture to be considered "high quality", and so anything extension to a barrel would need to be equally as high quality both in bore and in the interface between the two.
4) You'd absolutely need an air tight seal between the two barrels, otherwise the amount of compressed air lost at the interface would always either reduce accuracy, or make the extension useless.

Easier to just upgrade the spring to get higher fps.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 00:58   #5
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
The rapid fire is the ONLY G&P that has this option, they suck. I've removed so many inner barrels for the rapidfire.
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 18:48   #6
Caelan

Yes the inner barrel does suck. Was wondering how I would remove the inner barrel thats in the power up suppresssor? I would like to put in a whole new inner barrel, bucking but still use the suppresssor as just a mock suppresssor not a power up suppresssor. Also why are G&P magwells so dam loose? I can shake the mag around all over the place, my bbs arent feeding properly because of this. Im gonna be honest this G&P Rapud Fire is a piece of crap compared to my KWA Sr10.
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 20:53   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

use king arms metal mags, you can take the internals out and deform the mag shells to fit better
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank