Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG

:

Reviews

Old April 18th, 2011, 23:09   #481
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

A stick battery won't go in a kraken with rewiring it to the top. Just get an 8.4v mini Intellect.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 23:36   #482
jeeholim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
A stick battery won't go in a kraken with rewiring it to the top. Just get an 8.4v mini Intellect.
What mAh should it be? This battery is 1200mAh..
jeeholim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 23:52   #483
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

The 8.4 is about 1600 mah..
Old April 18th, 2011, 23:54   #484
Statua

Send a message via MSN to Statua Send a message via Skype™ to Statua
Batteries should be fine. Heck I bought 3 from xt for $5 each so i can last long games. Though I'm not entirely sure how long a good battery will last. My kraken battery lasts about 6 hours.
Statua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:47   #485
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

You can't judge a battery on how long it lasts in hours really. If you figure 1 mah= 1 cycle on the mechbox, roughly. How many shots per game you use will affect the life of the battery.
In his case it really sounds like a dead cell in the battery, which means he is running about 7.2V or less and it can't pull the heavy spring in the Kraken. This would explain why his battery is overheating.
Old April 19th, 2011, 13:41   #486
tehmedic

4 of my friends have krakens, i think we just got lucky and none of us got lemons. I had the same problem with an m4 i had. The battery would overheat, and discharge sooo fast.I have no idea how this was happening but it was bringing my fps down to 160-220. i plugged in a new batt and it worked like a charm at a crisp 406 fps.

Theres lots of batteries to order from, Airsoftparts, Airsoftdepot, pretty much any airsoft store in canada. Just stay away from NiCad batteries and stay with NiMH. Stock AK batts are NiCad

Also, when you pull the trigger do you hear anything? Sparks, or the motor trying to turn the gear at all?

Last edited by tehmedic; April 19th, 2011 at 13:44..
tehmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 19:09   #487
jeeholim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmedic View Post
4 of my friends have krakens, i think we just got lucky and none of us got lemons. I had the same problem with an m4 i had. The battery would overheat, and discharge sooo fast.I have no idea how this was happening but it was bringing my fps down to 160-220. i plugged in a new batt and it worked like a charm at a crisp 406 fps.

Theres lots of batteries to order from, Airsoftparts, Airsoftdepot, pretty much any airsoft store in canada. Just stay away from NiCad batteries and stay with NiMH. Stock AK batts are NiCad

Also, when you pull the trigger do you hear anything? Sparks, or the motor trying to turn the gear at all?
Well, compared to not putting in the battery, I can hear a gentle click, which I can't hear without the battery plugged. I really don't know if I want to order a battery online, because we're not even sure if it's the battery's fault. What if I get the battery and it still doesn't work? This battery DID work for like a 100 rounds :P

BTW, my battery is Ni-MH.

Last edited by jeeholim; April 19th, 2011 at 19:51..
Old April 19th, 2011, 19:38   #488
kalnaren

Well, as far as I can see it you have three options. Two involve spending money.

1) Exchange the gun, again.
2) Buy a good charger. You're looking at $60+. A really good charger will run around $100-$125. Considering batteries run around $50 for good ones, it's worth investing in one that isn't going to kill your batteries.
3) Buy a decent airsoft gun. You can get a JG for $350. And at least gundocks are willing to work on those.

I'm sorry man, but airsoft is seriously one hobby where you need to front a little cash.

BTW, a "Casual" airsofter spends about $600-$1000 to get into it. A "plinker" or "guy who shows up to games in a t-shirt and shorts" buys only the gun.

Think of it this way: How much more would you enjoy it if you had a gun that you knew would shoot every time you pulled the trigger?

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 19:50   #489
jeeholim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Well, as far as I can see it you have three options. Two involve spending money.

1) Exchange the gun, again.
2) Buy a good charger. You're looking at $60+. A really good charger will run around $100-$125. Considering batteries run around $50 for good ones, it's worth investing in one that isn't going to kill your batteries.
3) Buy a decent airsoft gun. You can get a JG for $350. And at least gundocks are willing to work on those.

I'm sorry man, but airsoft is seriously one hobby where you need to front a little cash.

BTW, a "Casual" airsofter spends about $600-$1000 to get into it. A "plinker" or "guy who shows up to games in a t-shirt and shorts" buys only the gun.

Think of it this way: How much more would you enjoy it if you had a gun that you knew would shoot every time you pulled the trigger?
Even my friend's $30 SMG shoots everytime and he knows it'll shoot. But why do I need a charger? I understand if I need a battery, but a new charger? How'll that help?
Old April 19th, 2011, 19:54   #490
kalnaren

Cheap wall chargers that come with china guns are known to cook batteries. They're also incapable of performing any kind of battery maintenance functions. They have no cycle functions or peak detection cut-offs, or variable charge rates (last one not essential, but it's nice to have).

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 19th, 2011, 19:55   #491
jeeholim

Quote:
Cheap wall chargers that come with china guns are known to cook batteries. They're also incapable of performing any kind of battery maintenance functions. They have no cycle functions or peak detection cut-offs, or variable charge rates (last one not essential, but it's nice to have).
But wouldn't you suggest that I get a new battery that comes with a charger instead of risking charging a fried battery?
Old April 19th, 2011, 20:01   #492
kalnaren

Actually, first I'd suggest you see if you can borrow a battery to determine if it is, in fact, the battery that's the problem.

If the same thing happens with another battery the battery isn't the issue.

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2011, 20:12   #493
jeeholim

Quote:
Actually, first I'd suggest you see if you can borrow a battery to determine if it is, in fact, the battery that's the problem.

If the same thing happens with another battery the battery isn't the issue.
That's a good idea.
Old April 19th, 2011, 20:16   #494
kalnaren

First rule of troubleshooting: Start with the simplest solution first

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2011, 20:24   #495
jeeholim

Quote:
First rule of troubleshooting: Start with the simplest solution first
Haha, that's correct. Would they let me try a battery if I go to an airsoft arena with a store?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews