Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M6X illuminator

:

Reviews

Old January 5th, 2011, 17:51   #1
Hucker

M6X illuminator

I bought this one from Huang, as it was 7$ cheaper than Velocityarms... Shouldn't have : no batteries included . Now on to the review...

This is not a pistol light, more of a rifle light unless your rail is as long as a 5.1 Hi-capa like the WE Hi-Capa 5.1M. Can be used with a KJW 1911 MEU, but it's not fastened correctly to the rail. If you want to use it with a 4.3, you'll need to dremel a new notch on the frame.

The tapeswitch is really weak. The stock one tored open in no time as I was taking it on and off (I was trying the light on my 1911, 4.3 and M4)

Laser CANNOT be turned off, even if the laser selector is at OFF. As soon as the light turns on, so do the laser. Consider this if your local rules prohibits the use of laser devices.

Light will turn on as soon as you press the tapeswitch, even if the LIGHT selector is in the OFF position. Without the tapeswitch, light and laser light up in the LIGHT ON position, regardless of the laser selector switch.

Lightning is strong, I have a hard time looking directly into it at about two meters. Haven't tried it in game yet, will update after this sunday. Both websites write that the light is focusable : it isn't. If it is, then someone explain me how , as I can't seem to do it by twisting the light cover

No batteries included on airsoftdepot.ca, batteries included on Velocity arms.

3 stars out 5, because eh, the light work out alright!!
Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:52   #2
Cokeman
a.k.a. az29okg

Can the laser be aimed (sighted)?
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 20:21   #3
Nik12

Send a message via MSN to Nik12
I just bought this from Huang yesterday, managed to get out and get some batteries for this bad boy today. I knew camera batteries weren't cheap, but $10 each is a bit pricey.

Now to add to this review. I found there to be a master switch and a selector switch. Nothing operates while the master is set to off. I assume the MOM setting is for the tape switch, which I have no need for right now, if ever.

When the master switch is set to on, the smaller switch on the back of the laser can be used to toggle between everything off, laser on, light on, or both laser and light on (in that order).

As mentioned previously, the light is very strong. You can easily light up a smaller room with it. The laser is equally powerful and bright(better damn well be with 6V powering it). Just to see how far I could see it, I gave it a little test. I happen to have a good view down a street so I targeted the outside walls of a few buildings progressing further down the street. I can get about half a city block or better before I stop caring to try and find it (well outside the pistol's range).

Also as previously mentioned, the light is rather long. I would agree that it is more of rifle light/laser than a pistol light/laser. That being said, I've attempted to fit it on a G19, Beretta, and a 1911. It's too long for the cross piece to fall anywhere near the cross-passage. I've got it clmaped down on the 1911 faily well, doesn't seem to have any sliding issues.

To answer the above question, there are screws to sight the laser, but I'm not sure if they work. The unit actually has a built in screwdriver for adjusting the laser sighting screws. I attempted to sight it but no amount of turning the screws moved the laser. In the end I somehow managed to push the screws in which did move the laser, luckily, to more or less somewhere decent for aiming.

All considered, I'll get by just fine with this (assuming the battery life is decent), it gives the ol' 1911 a pretty badass look, but there are probably better light/laser options out there. Shorter options for sure.

Out of Sport. Have Fun!

Last edited by Nik12; April 3rd, 2011 at 20:23..
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 00:35   #4
redneck12

M6X

I bought this one from Airsoft-Club
M6X Xenon Flashlight & Red Laser w/ IR Infrared Filter Tan
$49.99

Model: AS1770

Though it is not an LED bulb it is still really good for the price and the laser and light can work independently of each other.
I had the same problem with the tape switch, it came apart the first time I tried to move it from the vert grip to the mag well. It came with 2 batteries (non rechargeable) but I spent the extra $15 and got a set of rechargeable batteries and the charger. The only other problem I have is the IR filter cap doesn't seem to fit.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews