Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A backpack to carry your SAW/SWS platform in

:

Reviews

Old June 27th, 2011, 06:40   #1
Tactically Casual

A backpack to carry your SAW/SWS platform in

I need a backpack for Operation Pine Plains. Its At fort Drum NY. Its 21 hrs of non stop milsim in a military MOUT site. There are no breaks or excuses for broken kit, so everything you need will be on your back or in your hands. Im the spotter/ observer for my sniper team so I need to carry my primary, pistol, mags, a backup SWS platfrom and ghillie suit to evade detection from NODS during the night portion of the event. I needed a ruck that was small, could secure my gear and distribute my weight evenly. The answer was the TACTICAL FALCON RIFLE backpack.

This pack has it all.

1) a way to secure your rifle. Unfortunately drag bags and other rifle packs don't work well in mout. This is because the rifle sticks 2' above your head this makes it hard to clear rooms and gain quick access to your SWS. The falcon fixes that problem by leaving the rifle exposed and hanging lower down so the tip of the barrel is at the legth of your head. If you ever need to get your SWS just drop the pack and push the two release clips which are easily adjustable.

2)compartments; I can fit just about anything in this bag. I already have my rifle, ghillie, tool set extra set of bdus ammo, extra mags, hydration carrier ect ect. Roughly 20lbs + of kit and it feels like im carrying less than 10 ibs because it distributes weight very well. As you look through the pics you will see all the gear I put in this pack and Ive only filled about 1/2 of the potential space of this pack. The straps hold everything together nicely, and they are quick release in case you need to gain access to something.

3) It has molle. It has molle throughout the pack so you can put pouches wherever needed.

4) Its small. As you can see in the pics its roughly the length of an M16.

Id seriously recommend getting this. It wont slow you down and fits over your lbv. You can skip trips to the car and wont screw over your team during the big games.

pics:

Tactically Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:21   #2
redzaku

how big do you want the pack? cause i would recommend a 5.11 tactical backpack, fits all your needs;
rush 24; http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...-Backpack.html
rush 72;http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...-Backpack.html
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 16:49   #3
Tactically Casual

Thanks, but my pack is better suited to my needs. From my experience The 5.11 and gunslinger packs are to bulky, dont hold the weapon correctly and the pack I have has more molle space and compartment space, while maintaining a very low profile. Im bringing this pack to Pine Plains. Im on alpha Co running with the sniper teams. There are suppose to be a ton of Canadians on alhpa so I probably see some of you there.
Tactically Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 20:46   #4
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Any pics of you geared up?
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 21:37   #5
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Its just a TAD Fast copy
bean is offline   Reply With Quote