Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

RRV setups.

:

Gear Discussion

Old September 13th, 2010, 20:34   #16
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Yeah... order some proper MP5 magpouches.

The RRV isn't in Multicam is it? I'm having trouble seeing, my monitor needs a clean, but it looks like that coyote tan, but in some places it looks like there could be a pattern... could be shadows.

Those MC AK pouches make baby jesus cry and kick a kitten in the balls. With that RRV (if it is CT) you can pull off anything from Coyote Brown to Ranger Green.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 21:09   #17
philster911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
MP5 mags will wobble a lot in an AK47 mag pouche. You will lose your mags on the field!

Don't be a cheap SOB and get proper mag pouchs. Or buy new mags every now and then.

Don't be the one in the AAR thread posting about his lost mags because he did not have the proper gear. hehe.
It's not about look, it's about functionnality.
And about the molle purse... I wonder how practical this can be. I'd leave that in the car. Or have someone else carry it as an objective holder hahaha!
Actually, the mags ain't wobbling for now because i have my m4 mags in it ( lol ) but that's sure that on my next paycheck i'll buy MP5 mag pouches.

philster911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:02   #18
BABU

if its mp5 mags ur looking to hold order this, i was having the same dillema, got 6 mags to carry and 6 mag holders would take up a lot of molle space

i ordered this

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ustmp5nx.html

from that site, came to just under $30 CAD with shipping

the product is great, holds 6 mp5 mags tightly, 2 per slot
rugged design and feels like it will last a long time, good quality product

came to my door in under 2 weeks

*edit* was the only mp5 mag holder i could find online that would hold double mp5 mags per slot
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:19   #19
m102404
Tys

On mine....from left to right (while wearing it)

- Vertical Admin/utility pouch (odd stuff, loader, snacks, first aid)
- radio pouch
- 4x double M4 pouches (sorry doesn't help you at all with the MP5 thing)
- SAW pouch (primarily used for grenades for CQB...kind of not that usefull for other things as the pouch won't hold loose 4 mags or odd things without them falling out....it will hold 4-5 M4 mags nicely packed, but once you take a couple out it gets floppy)

(I think I'll switch the SAW pouch with another admin zip pouch)

For almost all outdoor games I run with the bib down and tucked away. For indoors CQB I bring it up. It's empty now...but I should put either my admin panel or a grenade pouch on it I suppose.

I don't run a back panel on it...but I'd get the H-harness thing if I wasn't lazy. For all outdoor games I run a backpack. For indoor I don't run anything (and subsquently wish I did when I get shot in the back...ouch).
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:27   #20
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post

For almost all outdoor games I run with the bib down and tucked away. For indoors CQB I bring it up. It's empty now...but I should put either my admin panel or a grenade pouch on it I suppose.
That's one thing I wish the weesatch's could do. Sometimes the bib part is not necessary and retains a fair amount of body heat.

More than 2 nades on that panel really start to weigh down the bib part.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:32   #21
Danke

6x double M4 mag pouches, radio pouch, pistol holster. Still some open real estate and also a Camelback clipped on.

Pistol mags, dump pouch, IFAK, and GP pouch hung onto a blast belt.
Old September 14th, 2010, 23:22   #22
Ozone06

Just about the tactical murse, My wife got one and she loves it!

I've been rolling around the idea of just using a satchel or a commuter bag like this:

In black mind you, with a couple shingles on it for gaming, Really light, weapons and mags and a bottle of water. Its not like we acutally -=need=- plate carriers for what we do.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 23:39   #23
MADDOG

Got Mags!

AK Setup RRV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASU Profile.jpg (753.0 KB, 24 views)

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 16:28   #24
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone06 View Post
Just about the tactical murse, My wife got one and she loves it!

I've been rolling around the idea of just using a satchel or a commuter bag like this:

In black mind you, with a couple shingles on it for gaming, Really light, weapons and mags and a bottle of water. Its not like we acutally -=need=- plate carriers for what we do.
If you want to look like a crazy school boy... sure go ahead.
But yeah, you need some kind of military/tactical rig or vest. You little handbag will get you killed.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 18:04   #25
Blitzed

Quote:
MP5 mags will wobble a lot in an AK47 mag pouche. You will lose your mags on the field!

Don't be a cheap SOB and get proper mag pouchs. Or buy new mags every now and then.

Don't be the one in the AAR thread posting about his lost mags because he did not have the proper gear. hehe.
It's not about look, it's about functionnality.
And about the molle purse... I wonder how practical this can be. I'd leave that in the car. Or have someone else carry it as an objective holder hahaha!
I used AK pouches with my MP5.. it reserves Your MOLLE rel-estate instead of wasting it with a single mp5 pouch. You can get atleast 4 MP5 mags in those AK pouch, and the velcro is strong enough to hold them in there, you arent going to lose your mags.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 20:45   #26
Ozone06

Quote:
If you want to look like a crazy school boy... sure go ahead.
But yeah, you need some kind of military/tactical rig or vest. You little handbag will get you killed.
Yeah I have an OD blackhawk! RRV for the woodland / outdoor games and a Tan Ciras for cqb work.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion