Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Fast Helmet coming this Summer

:

Gear Discussion

Old December 22nd, 2011, 21:06   #121
huang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracu View Post
would you be able to request a smaller size? im not too worried about the fitment, im more concern about the size of the helmet.
The size is the same as the real one.
huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 21:42   #122
spartan117

Will you get more premium versions of the FAST helmet in TAN?
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 23:06   #123
HackD

Received mine in an order today, a black 'carbon' version. Intended to use it for both mountain-biking, and airsoft. Overall quality build of the helmet, i'd rate at just 'satisfactory' .. but i do have high standards - typical cheap b*stard..

I would strongly suggest to anyone considering purchasing one, with a melon that is on a largish size, to either wait until a buddy has one and try it on, or go in-person to Huang's outlet and try one on for fit when he's open Saturdays. Apparently i'm a deformed mutant, the way this is fitting - it definitely is fitted for a M-L 'Asian' head - and not my Caucasian gourd. I can get it on, but have to remove the two upper-most pads on the inside to join the chin-strap together with them adjusted out to their max - and even then, i better not contemplate opening my mouth *ever* while it is on (my team-mates might be thankful..). I've got some heavy duty re-sewing/re-working of the straps, and possibly the inner liner itself to do over the winter, to make it satisfactory.

In comparison, i've got a cheapo $40.00 replica 'costume' PASGT helmet that fits much better than the FAST, as it currently stands.

Additionally - no way in heck is a ComtacII PTT replica set sourced from his site going to fit on under the helmet, in/around the straps, the way it fits - as i read someone on the forum on a thread that i can't find now, advising on the fit compatibility of the ComtacII's to the FAST helmet. I'll be doing a mod mentioned in this thread to mount the speaker direct to the rail as shown here: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=132671

At least this will keep me busy with something to do in the coming dark and cold winter...

Last edited by HackD; December 23rd, 2011 at 00:18..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:04   #124
spike9

Send a message via Skype™ to spike9
I found the same thing I do love the helmet, but the straps to the back of the helmet are to short for my head. I contacted Ops-core and purchased a new M/L retention system with an XL chinstrap ($70) and also ordered a pad kit ($40) as well. Hopefully, all this stuff will fit in the helmet. Delivery date not until new year, but will let you know how it works. If all works out I will put the replica retention and pad set up for sale for anyone who might want them.

Perhaps I should have just bought an Ops-core base, but I wanted the balistic look.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:24   #125
huang

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Will you get more premium versions of the FAST helmet in TAN?
Next month, both tan and multicam ballistic style. I also reported to factory the straps may be a bit short for some people. Hopefully the next batch will improve.

Some reviews aslo availale on www.arniesairsoft.co.uk

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forum...t/page__st__60

Last edited by huang; December 23rd, 2011 at 11:27..
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:33   #126
huang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
Received mine in an order today, a black 'carbon' version. Intended to use it for both mountain-biking, and airsoft. Overall quality build of the helmet, i'd rate at just 'satisfactory' .. but i do have high standards - typical cheap b*stard..

I would strongly suggest to anyone considering purchasing one, with a melon that is on a largish size, to either wait until a buddy has one and try it on, or go in-person to Huang's outlet and try one on for fit when he's open Saturdays. Apparently i'm a deformed mutant, the way this is fitting - it definitely is fitted for a M-L 'Asian' head - and not my Caucasian gourd. I can get it on, but have to remove the two upper-most pads on the inside to join the chin-strap together with them adjusted out to their max - and even then, i better not contemplate opening my mouth *ever* while it is on (my team-mates might be thankful..). I've got some heavy duty re-sewing/re-working of the straps, and possibly the inner liner itself to do over the winter, to make it satisfactory.

In comparison, i've got a cheapo $40.00 replica 'costume' PASGT helmet that fits much better than the FAST, as it currently stands.

Additionally - no way in heck is a ComtacII PTT replica set sourced from his site going to fit on under the helmet, in/around the straps, the way it fits - as i read someone on the forum on a thread that i can't find now, advising on the fit compatibility of the ComtacII's to the FAST helmet. I'll be doing a mod mentioned in this thread to mount the speaker direct to the rail as shown here: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=132671

At least this will keep me busy with something to do in the coming dark and cold winter...
As for the headset, the mount for comtac II should be ready in Feb.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:31   #127
MMatersk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post

I fit the Peltor Comtacs underneath no problem you just have to shuffle over the pads in the right spot . I had no problems. You may want to consider the rail adapters from 3M they may work better for you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 13:05   #128
huang

Just got confirmation my fast helmets shipment coming next month has longer straps.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 23:22   #129
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

Anyone have any photos of these replicas next to other gear in same lighting conditions? Would like to see how the tan looks next to some CB/CT gears.
Old December 24th, 2011, 21:47   #130
Nocturnal
oO?

huang will you get ATACS ballistic style as well? what is retail price on release of the Multicam Fast Helmet ballistic variant ?

"SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM"
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 14:41   #131
5kull

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Predator-Faci...#ht_1726wt_886
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 15:06   #132
spike9

Send a message via Skype™ to spike9
So my package of genuine fast helmet parts arrived from Ops-core on Friday and everything fit perfectly on the clone. A nice thing is the pad kit included a variety of different thickness pads so between the new pads and the longer straps the helmet is a much better fit. I think if I were to buy a real fast helmet I would purchase the LG/XL helmet, I think it would be a better fit for my large melon, as it stands I have the dial set to just about as large as it will go and the helmet is snug with a little room for adjustment. Maybe Huang could convince the supplier to make the larger helmet for our North American sized frames.
Old December 31st, 2011, 22:01   #133
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMatersk View Post
I fit the Peltor Comtacs underneath no problem you just have to shuffle over the pads in the right spot . I had no problems. You may want to consider the rail adapters from 3M they may work better for you.
Bah, screw reworking commercial solutions when a little handiwork and a whole lot of spare time on your hands will get you what you want, and fix what needs fixin' (converting the Peltor Comtac to a true right hand microphone setup). The Comtac that i received from Huang also had some QC issues that needed rectification, and i really only wanted one operational speaker setup anyway, without the underwear-elastic setup of the other single speaker setups that i've seen about .. a little hot for summer use.

So, a few days spent disassembling and reworking one side of the headphones, and using a spare mount from the Surefire clone that i had received in the same order, and now i've got what i needed. I left the mount itself unpainted until i took the photo's.. black on black doesn't show up all that well.

It fits my 'headspace' perfectly well, with some adjustability built in. The whole headphone speaker setup quick-removes by simply loosening the two hex head bolts securing the Surefire adapter mount to the rail, when comms aren't needed.

Last edited by HackD; December 31st, 2011 at 22:11..
Old January 1st, 2012, 00:05   #134
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

I assume it's the southpaws that prefer the right-hand mic setup so it doesn't interfere with cheek-weld?
Old January 1st, 2012, 00:09   #135
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
I assume it's the southpaws that prefer the right-hand mic setup so it doesn't interfere with cheek-weld?
Bingo.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion