:

Gear Discussion

Closed Thread

Old November 21st, 2005, 09:05   #1
firemachine69

EH... I *DON'T* think so...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/JTF-2-CADPAT-TW-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he's either:

A) Stealing stuff to sell it (How else do you acquire it? Sure isn't surplus, and the our DoD is pretty tight on keeping gear in the system!) Until they hit used, non-repairable status, they are deemed a controlled matter (if it's true, of course).

B) BS'ing (the more likely answer). Just look at his other options, people are gobbling this stuff up (look at the "CADPAT AR BDUs" - same problem, controlled item, or should be).
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:17   #2
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
High Speed

I by no means know for sure, but don't guys operating at that level pretty much buy allot of their own stuff, on DoD budget?

Who really knows in that outfit what is "standard"?

Anyone?
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:36   #3
Droc
says its from
Eugene, Oregon
United States

so who knows...

Extremely Rare Canadian JTF-2
Canadian Special Forces Issue!

CADPAT (TW) Temperate Woodland
VEST, LOAD, CHEST HARNESS, TYPE A, GEN 4
Size 1 / STYLE 7128-1
PACIFIC SAFETY PRODUCTS, INC.

I used to work for PACIFIC SAFETY PRODUCTS. I got family who still works there and gets me materials every now and then. These vests were assembled in Kanora BC if im not mistaken, but the Arnprior section did some parts and the initial design and prototype(i know, I tried it on), I know they are doing a huge order of JTF-2 gear right now.

Nice thing though, is that everything to come off the factory floor is recoreded and gets serial numbers. Stupidly enough, this guy took a pic of the tag. Each vest or gear is specifically made for a specific person(except for huge orders of vests ie: OPP or customs) so technically, the factory floor should be able to track each product to the person who it was made for....and if that person doesnt have it, bingo. They arnt even allowed to trash them, they have to send them back to us and we destroy them.

Old November 21st, 2005, 09:38   #4
firemachine69

Still doesn't change the fact they're a controlled item...

In the case it actually is real, I hope whomever is "giving" these away doesn't care about their employment!

Shit even the material is controlled, I know, I tried getting some of it myself!
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:45   #5
Droc
it is controlled. My step-dad gets me webbing and materials, and I been bugging for some real CADpat, but there is no way, even for our hunting buddy who works invintory, to get any out.

Ill pass the tag pic on and the ebay link.

Old November 21st, 2005, 09:52   #6
Droc
k, I passed it on to PSP. they should be able to invintory it against the person who it was issued to. Will update when I find out more.

im all for getting my hands on real JTF2 gear, but lets face it, thats not legal...and at best, should stay in canada.

Old November 21st, 2005, 09:53   #7
BC_K
Banned

Hmm It could be, That company has make flak jackets/ect for the DND/RCMP/Ect so it very well could be real.

But then again, I've seen the issue cf tac vest cadpat material, and it in no way looks like that "JTF-2" vest. It looks like the crap HSGI & CP Gear uses.

One little detail, The seller NEVER shows the back side of the pouches where say a BRAND TAG would be located.....

Kinda looks like THIS, but chopped & sewed a little bit.

Another thing, The brand tag, why he hiding the stitching on it? Also you'd think it would be sewn on ALL AROUND, not just a quick strip across the top.

Also, The mag pouches look EXACTLY like the ones @ the local surplus.

Well there is one thing ya could do, Call the company and ask them about the legitacy of this product. (That's exactly what I'd do, and have done before. )

Well thats about all my 16yrs of watching COPS has brought to my attention..

Not bad for almost 7am and still cranked out. :lol:
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:54   #8
firemachine69

Nice. :lol:

In any case, it's a lose-lose situation for him. Either he's mis-advertising the product, or he's selling a controlled item.
Old November 21st, 2005, 10:22   #9
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC_K
Hmm It could be, That company has make flak jackets/ect for the DND/RCMP/Ect so it very well could be real.

But then again, I've seen the issue cf tac vest cadpat material, and it in no way looks like that "JTF-2" vest. It looks like the crap HSGI & CP Gear uses.

One little detail, The seller NEVER shows the back side of the pouches where say a BRAND TAG would be located.....

Kinda looks like THIS, but chopped & sewed a little bit.

Another thing, The brand tag, why he hiding the stitching on it? Also you'd think it would be sewn on ALL AROUND, not just a quick strip across the top.

Also, The mag pouches look EXACTLY like the ones @ the local surplus.

Well there is one thing ya could do, Call the company and ask them about the legitacy of this product. (That's exactly what I'd do, and have done before. )

Well thats about all my 16yrs of watching COPS has brought to my attention..

Not bad for almost 7am and still cranked out. :lol:

true, but Im positive that is a PSP lable. And the ones we did were heated on, not sticked. Carried had lables stiched, pannels had them pressed on.
but im sure its possible to reproduce a lable

I cant comment much on the actual vest itself, I seen the JTF-2 prototype, but it was just that, a prototype. most of my work was done with the vests and the EOD 8, EOD 7B.

Old November 21st, 2005, 10:55   #10
Batman

Send a message via ICQ to Batman Send a message via MSN to Batman
It is the Issue JTF2 chest rig.
there were a tonne of pictures on Canadian Peacekeepers forums.

"Fast is slow, slow is quick, quick is smooth"
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:02   #11
Farmboy

Quote:
HSGI does not sell products made in CADPAT. If a dealer wants a product in CADPAT they must send the material to HSGI and they will make it.

It falls on the dealer to supply real CADPAT, not HSGI.

It does however look like real CADPAT, same material as my issued one.

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:06   #12
concept_8

I think he's got someone in the CF sending him gear.
He sells quite abit of CF gear and even has another sniper suit n a pair of gloves on auction right now.
There's probably not much that can be done to him in the states, but it's kind of shitty for someone in the CF to be doing so when we've got enough soldiers who don't have enough kit as it is.
(If infact that's what he's doing)

Hell who know's if he's actually even located in the US though, until you get a package from him and see where it's shipped from.
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:07   #13
firemachine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
It is the Issue JTF2 chest rig.
there were a tonne of pictures on Canadian Peacekeepers forums.
Very possible it's a repro... only way we'd *fully* know would be under IR lighting...
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:32   #14
*CRASH*

I know sometimes that PSP prototypes that aren't going into production or "sales demo" pieces occassionally "fall off the truck"...

P.S. Droc... big fan of the 8... nice improvement on the 7B... alot easier to work in... still hot but great... good work!
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:59   #15
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
It looks a lot like the MULE system sold by that website... cant remember the name, but they have stuff in CADPAT(R).
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion