Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Any pics of different camo's on different backgrounds?

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 13th, 2006, 16:01   #61
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL-
MultiCam an SpecAm are not the camoflage in use with the CF so they won't be worn.

TW CADPAT uniforms were being produced before 9/11; up untill than there was no rush to make AR CADPAT.

TW CADPAT was the only uniform available, so thats what they wore.
Duh - no shit Sherlock. You obviously didn't read my post carefully enough - I never said that they were. But even before 9/11 the Canadian Forces have been involved in loads of overseas Peacekeeping missions, and it doesn't take a genious to work out that there was a higher probability that the forces would be deployed in arid regions overseas on real-world missions before they'd be involved in such missions on Canadian soil. That was my only point. :hammer:
Don't be a rude cunt.

You brought up multicam an specam; an I gave the reason why we don't wear it.

Yes, Canada has been deployed a lot prior to 9/11. Still, we(like many others) made/issued TW/Woodland camo uniform first, since at the time that was the priority. Afghanistan made a demand to make desert uniforms ASAP.

When the USMC came out with MARPAT, the first uniform they made/issued was the woodland one, than sometime after that they made/issued the Desert MARPAT.

As I'm sure you know, even the Brits wore some woodland DPM uniforms in Afghanistan.

TW/Woodland camo worked well in parts of Afghanistan. And for our troops in the Former Yugoslavia.
Old January 13th, 2006, 18:24   #62
MadMorbius
We didn't forsee a need for desert fatigues because we were engaged in peacekeeping missions, not combat missions. The objective for the new uniform was for domestic usage primarily, where it excels.
Old January 14th, 2006, 02:07   #63
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
As I'm sure you know, even the Brits wore some woodland DPM uniforms in Afghanistan.
That ended up happening due to short-supply of desert DPM windproof smocks. Same thing happened when the UK was sent to Iraq.
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:38   #64
BawBag

Sea cadet to the rescue! Of course they were in short supply of some desert material, if they had enough why would they have made it in DPM woodland? Ehhhh...
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 14:19   #65
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Quote:
That ended up happening due to short-supply of desert DPM windproof smocks. Same thing happened when the UK was sent to Iraq.

I know.. but you missed the point. He's saying it was stupid for Canadians to be sent there wearing TW CADPAT, but yet his own Country(England) sent troops there with Woodland DPM items, an nothing has been said of that.
Old January 14th, 2006, 16:13   #66
JKT 1

Quote:

Don't be a rude cunt.

You brought up multicam an specam; an I gave the reason why we don't wear it.
Whatever - I wasn't being rude, just pointing out that you were simply stating the bleeding obvious.

Regarding the situation with the CADPAT patterns - as I understand it, there was some controversy about this in Canada itself. Reason being that the Army had only just started with the issue of TW CADPAT and I believe it was pointed out that priority of issue was given to the PPCLI as they were deploying overseas. I may be wrong about this, but it seemed like a PR stunt to get some nice pictures of CADPAT in use - rather than letting the troops deploy with ODs which might have been more appropriate.

As for the Royal Marines - the reason you saw/see them wearing woodland DPM smocks is becuase that is the only material the windproof Arctic smock has ever been produced in. The desert DPM material is not windproof.

Lastly, I'm not British - I'm Canadian, I just happen to live here.
JKT 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 16:15   #67
JKT 1

Anyways, back on topic. Here's a photo of a different camo and background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Austrian_HK_G8_von_Hinten_kleiner.jpg (272.2 KB, 51 views)
Old January 14th, 2006, 17:16   #68
Shlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT 1
Anyways, back on topic. Here's a photo of a different camo and background.
That's really effective in that type of terrain. What pattern is that?

PS: Nice to see everything back on topic!!
Shlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 17:41   #69
kymoz

Send a message via MSN to kymoz
Looks like the Austrian camo:

Kymoz
kymoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 23:26   #71
Neverhood

Send a message via MSN to Neverhood
Those Cadpat pics are amazing! More than once I had to search the picture for the person. Works very well in that area.
Neverhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:21   #72
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Those sets just prove that it all comes down to the terrain. That Austrian cam is bloody mint for the fall season with all the dead leaves.
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:21   #73
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Those pics just prove that it all comes down to the terrain. That Austrian cam is bloody mint for the fall season with all the dead leaves.
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:40   #74
JKT 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Those pics just prove that it all comes down to the terrain. That Austrian cam is bloody mint for the fall season with all the dead leaves.
GENAU!! (exactly!). ;-) Yeah, that's my winter rig over here - we don't get any snow to really speak of, and when we do it melts quickly. But we got lots of that kind of mottled brown (with occassional flecks of green) forest floor terrain. The guys I skirmish with say I just disappear into the ground from a few yards away.
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:43   #75
JKT 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverhood
Those Cadpat pics are amazing! More than once I had to search the picture for the person. Works very well in that area.
Good thing he didn't camo his face and hands - otherwise he'd have been completely invisible! :tup:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion