Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sykes Face Mask Discussion

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 11th, 2008, 02:49   #16
Murdoch

Send a message via MSN to Murdoch
I used this at ttac3 this weekend and was fairly happy with it. It was surprisingly breathable through the nose holes but some may want to remove some fiberglass from the mouth area to open that up for better air flow.
The only area in the mask that was uncomfortable to me was the eye sockets. The edges around the eye holes pressed into my skin. I was thinking of sanding away that area, but first I will try using some foam tape to lift the mask away from my face.
I did have issues using the red dot on my UMG. The optics sits low and I had to press my face into the stock to line it up properly. With my AUG I had no such trouble. The RDS is mounted high on the rail, and lining up the shot is as easy as not wearing the mask at all.

All in all, a cool product; I'm looking forward to painting up some camo on them.

Last edited by Murdoch; May 19th, 2008 at 12:05..
Murdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 11:39   #17
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Vival View Post
Hm - sorry for posting here as it's a Canada forum, but I can't find information on these elsewhere, except in whatever language they talk in in the Phillipines

Is there a place in the US to order them?

And I'm really interested in hearing more user reviews. I'm most interested in looking through the scope on my JG Bar-10, as my current mask makes it's quite hard because I need to move my head at a funny angle. The no fogging thing also seems very nice, and the protection from mosquitoes (Minnesotan here - I know all of your Canadian's pains ).
www.cactushobby.com. They are my source.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 14:13   #18
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
definitely going to be getting the Ao2 one though.
+1
I eagerly await those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 14:14   #19
Brit ter

+2
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:22   #20
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Can anyone confirm if Revision Sawfly Glasses will fit over these? Wouldn't mind this for my CQB kit.
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:27   #21
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Got mine early last week... then forgot to check my mail box all week till friday morning when there was a last notice slip from the post office telling me to haul ass and pick up my package.

Wore the mask around the apartment for a while, threw on a pair of goggles (some kind of JT with no face portion) and sorta just hung out for a bit to get a feel for how they felt... When I wore the goggles over the mask I noticed a bit of a pinch in my eye sockets. I would think a bit of sanding or something similar should take care of that. I didn't run around near enough to get a feel for any fog or sweat issues, but the fact that my goggles didn't fog even a little while breathing extra heavy for a couple minutes (and almost passing out... testing stuff can be dangerous eh?) was promising.

Two big drawbacks... you can't drink or smoke in these things... I tried the drinking thing... and the inside of my mask now tastes like Grand Marnier and orange Kool aid and I had to wash the orange off my chin... so don't try drinking out of a glass with one of these on.

Also, there's really not enough room to get a smoke in the lips.

So for the smokers in the audience, keep in mind, if you want to have a smoke on the field, say in between games, you'll hafta sneak the mask off, or leave it in the safe zone or some such.

Other than that, I'm happy with it. The 4/5 point straps look way cooler than the strap I got, but it stays on my head, and that's the important part. Plus it came with a balaclava, which was unexpected, and thus a bonus.

Bottom line: Good mask, depending on your facial features you may need to mod it a tad. Can't wait to get it on a field and get some game time in with it.

p.s. Also... when you answer the door, and people don't expect so see a blank green face... it makes your day complete.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:37   #22
MadMorbius
I'd be all over the AOT model. That's just badass.
Old May 12th, 2008, 13:08   #23
Sir_Vival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Thanks for the review - the same for the other person who has so far too.

Did you try to cheek a weapon?
Sir_Vival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 13:37   #24
djbordie

my goggles already broke, lenses popped out first game, foam ripped off as well....too bad those googles worked soooo well with the mask.

not tooo sure if they are safe too use...
djbordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 15:00   #25
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Did the lens fall out on its own or from a hit?
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 15:02   #26
djbordie

on its own
Old May 12th, 2008, 15:03   #27
djbordie

so im just gonna glue it back in, and hope its safe enough, cause again these goggles are amazing. No fog, and even when they slightly fogged when it was raining, i just move em around a bit and the fog is instantly gone...very neat.
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:52   #28
arman

i bought extra goggles i mgonna do a review after i play pn the 8th at the "deathbarn"

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2008, 21:00   #29
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Vival View Post
Thanks for the review - the same for the other person who has so far too.

Did you try to cheek a weapon?
I did just the other day... the mask kind of gets in the way... but not quite as much as a regular paintball mask. The mask shifts over a bit, and with me at least, the pinching in the eye sockets is made worse when the mask shifts from bringing the weapon up. I'm thinking of sanding the right side down a bit to expose my cheek a bit, enough that I can get a proper fit when sighting.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 16:18   #30
Sir_Vival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
I did just the other day... the mask kind of gets in the way... but not quite as much as a regular paintball mask. The mask shifts over a bit, and with me at least, the pinching in the eye sockets is made worse when the mask shifts from bringing the weapon up. I'm thinking of sanding the right side down a bit to expose my cheek a bit, enough that I can get a proper fit when sighting.
Let me know how that goes. I got a mask too. It's a lot better than even the slim mask I had before, but still is slightly uncomfortable to use sights/ a scope with.
Sir_Vival is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion