Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for some help...

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 13th, 2017, 20:51   #1
newmono

Looking for some help...

I am a new airsoft player who lives in Headingley, Manitoba. I live in an area with few good airsoft stores and I really want to try airsoft out. I am poorer and I can not afford airsoft although. I searched a lot and couldn't find this to be against the rules but I was wondering if someone could help me with a funding website? I want to buy a cheaper Honey Badger off of Toronto Airsoft but I could use recommendations. I am looking for a good AR, AK, or MP5, and if any of you airsoft experts out there could even tell me what guns are good on the website. Thanks for your help, it really is so great, and I would love to finally do airsoft. Thank you very much.
newmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 21:59   #2
Bermanator98

I would first off recommend that you visit your nearest age verifier, to prove that you are 18+, and that will give you access to the gun classifieds here on the forums. The link for that is here: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=174406

You can usually find some pretty good deals here if you're patient and know roughly what prices are. Personally I would recommend going with an M4 platform to begin with. It's very common, so repairs should be easier to deal with, should something break. As well, don't limit yourself to TorontoAirsoft, there are many more good sites available, I can't list them tho b/c you have not been verified. Once that's done, I'm sure there will be many people willing to give you a helping hand.

Michael
Bermanator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 22:23   #3
Karnage

Send a message via MSN to Karnage
Maybe ask your local airsoft stores if they need help? Exchange your time and effort into a nice set up. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to approach them and ask.

http://www.torontoairsoft.com : Free shipping on Orders over $300!

Sorry I can no longer keep up with PMs. Please use the contact form on the website to reach TorontoAirsoft.com staff.
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 22:47   #4
graff

or get a job flipping burgers or stocking shelves, save up and buy your gear. not willing to do that? guess you don't want to play as bad as you thought.
graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 23:16   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

As far as sports go it only takes a couple hundred bucks to get into it casually. Other than constant BB and field costs... upgrades, gear, repairs, etc, etc. Anyways, get a job, any job... or be old enough... or ask your mom.
Old June 15th, 2017, 01:23   #6
newmono

Quote:
Originally Posted by graff View Post
or get a job flipping burgers or stocking shelves, save up and buy your gear. not willing to do that? guess you don't want to play as bad as you thought.
Financial issues, I think I'm going to stick to a pistol build for fun because the local arena is cqc
Old June 15th, 2017, 01:25   #7
newmono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermanator98 View Post
I would first off recommend that you visit your nearest age verifier, to prove that you are 18+, and that will give you access to the gun classifieds here on the forums. The link for that is here: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=174406

You can usually find some pretty good deals here if you're patient and know roughly what prices are. Personally I would recommend going with an M4 platform to begin with. It's very common, so repairs should be easier to deal with, should something break. As well, don't limit yourself to TorontoAirsoft, there are many more good sites available, I can't list them tho b/c you have not been verified. Once that's done, I'm sure there will be many people willing to give you a helping hand.

Michael
Why is being verified an issue? I know Toronto airsoft, xtreme tactics, a store in Vancouver, but if you could help I could use it. I am unable to go to a verifier as I take a bus and have work. Gotta pay rent.
Old June 15th, 2017, 01:32   #8
Ricochet

Being verified gives you access to more retailers, the online classifieds and far more information and games, etc. If you're just going to go buy a pistol to use at your local indoor facility casually, then what's the issue? You do you. You weren't asking about pistols, you were asking about the honey badger, and mp5, etc. What you want is a G&G. It's the cheapest gun with the most reliability for the cost. They make tons of different models and I think they come with a high-cap and battery. Cheaper than a decent pistol.

Last edited by Ricochet; June 15th, 2017 at 01:36..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2017, 02:07   #9
newmono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Being verified gives you access to more retailers, the online classifieds and far more information and games, etc. If you're just going to go buy a pistol to use at your local indoor facility casually, then what's the issue? You do you. You weren't asking about pistols, you were asking about the honey badger, and mp5, etc. What you want is a G&G. It's the cheapest gun with the most reliability for the cost. They make tons of different models and I think they come with a high-cap and battery. Cheaper than a decent pistol.
Could you give me a good price range for a gbb pistol? Such as how much a decent one usually costs etc
Old June 15th, 2017, 09:04   #10
Ricochet

$250 - $350 plus $45 per magazine. Then you'll need BBs, gas, possibly a hop-up upgrade/mod.
Old June 15th, 2017, 09:11   #11
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

G&G combat machine sub 200$
a battery + charger 50$ ish
goggles get a paintball mask sub 50$
BBs 20-30$ ?

the age verification gets you into the classified section(provided you're 18+), where there are a TONNE of deals on gear, there are a lot of people who are selling full kits to get you into the sport.

if you're broke, talk to some of the local players and see if they'd let you borrow some equipment for a game or two until you can slowly start buying your own.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2017, 11:18   #12
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmono View Post
Why is being verified an issue? I know Toronto airsoft, xtreme tactics, a store in Vancouver, but if you could help I could use it. I am unable to go to a verifier as I take a bus and have work. Gotta pay rent.
Lots of people take a bus and pay rent that is a very poor excuse.
If you want more access you contact and meet up with a verifier (sometimes they will even meet you somewhere you can easily access if their own time allows like a Tim Hortons)

Asking for people to violate the age verification rules and tell you whats for sale or try to get them to sell to you outside of our buy/sell sections is against the forum rules, so please refrain from doing so.

Otherwise the info then can provide you outside of the AV sections is easily found via google, or by visiting retailer websites.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank