Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Glock 19 mag leak, Odd issue

:

Gas Gun Solutions

Old June 9th, 2005, 23:12   #1
Donor

Send a message via MSN to Donor
Glock 19 mag leak, Odd issue

I've done a good load of searching up and down the forums to no avail, as most problems were either fixed by soaking in silicone or left without posting how the problem was fixed.

In my case, 2 mags KWAGlock19, both leak from the square area surrounding the fill valve

So I'm thinking part #220 isn't fitting properly with part #202, and have a keen feeling the square rubber ring holding them together needs some work...

So here I am trying to remove the pins that hold the bottom of the mag inplace and I can't bloody do it!

First of all, am I tackling it the right way? Is there a workaround? Would externally sealing it carry any consequences? What if I just spread some epoxy over the crevise? (Ofcourse i'd leave the fill valve unobstructed.. that isn't leaking yet)

PS: Found the leak by submerging it in water. Please don't tell me to do it again Thanks in advance for the replies!
Old June 10th, 2005, 03:52   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

You'll need something to hammer the pins out. I have this tool set:

Best thing ever for airsoft.

Anyways, there is a square rubber seal that goes around the area and I have seen it torn/broken in 2 magazines now. I don't know what causes it to fail, but it does. Once you get the pins out, the whole assembly comes apart.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:48   #3
Donor

How do I go about fixing it? Replace it? If so, where can I get that part?
Old June 10th, 2005, 11:54   #4
v82slo

Illusion can order the seal for you and I think it's cheap $6-$7. You pop out the pins holding the bottom of the mag together and the bottom will slide (pop out). You may have to tap it if it sticks. Putting it back together takes a little more patience and I need to use a C-clamp because the new seal was such a tight fit.
Old June 10th, 2005, 12:20   #5
Donor

I wonder why he didn't mention anything about it in his post? heh..
Illusion, can you confirm?

Also, are you able to get the small o-rings for the fill valves? If I'm going to get the square ones, might aswell get the o-rings too for when they start to leak (And I know they will)

As for the c-clamp, you mean one end on the bottom of the mag and the top end where the BB's are inserted to keep them together?

For a quick fix though, would teflon tape around the square O-ring do it too?
And what of my original epoxy on the bottom of the mag idea?

Thanks for your help so far guys!
Old June 10th, 2005, 14:43   #6
porry
Banned

if illusion can get those seals id take one, mine in my WA m8045 seems to be leaking from the same spot, so hopefully illusion can get them in and ill replace it =)
porry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 16:57   #7
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Yes, I can get.

Description: Part No. 217 for KSC G17 / G18C
Item No: KSC-PT-G18-217

Price: $5

Description: Fill-In Valve O-ring Set for KSC Glock Magazine
Item No: KSC-PT-G18-FIVOR
Price: $3

Quote:
Originally Posted by porry
if illusion can get those seals id take one, mine in my WA m8045 seems to be leaking from the same spot, so hopefully illusion can get them in and ill replace it =)
Different manufacturer. Mine is a KSC part. I can't guarantee it will fit your WA m8045.

If you can find the part number, see if either of my distributors carry the replacement part. If they do, let me know and I can get it for you on my next order.

http://www.wgcshop.com
http://www.uncompany.com
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 18:35   #8
Donor

So I managed to take out the pins on both of my mags...
Upon inspection of the Square O-rings, BOTH seem in perfect working order, just seem a bit bent out of shape... As if they were a bit too swollen and unlubricated when first put, or rather, JAMMED in. I'll soak them in Silly oil, lube them up really nicely and place them both back in.

Should that not work... Price check on 2 #217's and 2 #KSC-PT-G18-FIVOR's shipped to Mississauga?
Old June 12th, 2005, 17:31   #10
Donor

The good news is, it is definitely fixable.

Soaking the square rings in silly oil swelled them up enough to create a very tight seal.

The bad news is, the swelled square ring makes it so bloody tight, that putting all of the pieces back together is a PAIN! As a word of caution, use the right tool for the job (else, you risk damaging components)

To make your life easier when you attempt this, I've compiled a short tools list.

!0! - !!Get Another Pair Of Hands!! (they will become very useful - trust me)
1-Flat head screw driver for unscrewing the fill valve
2-Pin Punch to get the pins out of the mag which release the fill valve assembly
(Note, do NOT use a centre-punch as this will flare the edges and will make re-assembly impossible)
3-Silicone Oil to soak the square rings in and to lubricate the pins when replacing them into their holes
4- C-Clamp to squeeze the two portions of the mag together to get the wholes to align properly for the re-insertion of the 2 pins
5-Pliers to assist in holding the pins while you hammer them back in
6-Hammer. (Do this gently... infact, do everything gently)

If you've got any questions, i've done two of my mags like this (Just don't assume this is me advertising that I can do it for you ) Feel free to PM.

Cheers! And Good Luck
Old June 26th, 2005, 13:22   #11
reusch

hey guys. im avin a simliar problem with my glock 19 mag too. bt my leak seems to be coming from the hole at the bottom where you inject the gas in i think...iv'e successfully dissmantled the mag, but i dont know if the mag just needs lubing or what...the rubber square nd everything seems fine...and when i placed it under the water it seemed too suggest that it was coming from the injection hole. any ideas?
reusch is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > Gas Gun Solutions