Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Quality of At The Front "imports" vs others

:

WW1, WW2

Old April 11th, 2012, 01:15   #46
ts10z

Quote:
Originally Posted by COL.TIKER View Post
If something is seized, they would send you a letter saying they seized it right? I have not recieved any information from customs nor Canadapost.
Depends on who it was shipped with. I cant remember what shipping company it was that WPG uses(it was a shipment from them that had all the problems) but even before the shipment was ready to be released the CBSA and the Canadian equivalent of the DEA called me about some fake morphine syrettes in with a WWII paratrooper first aid kit. Several hour long conversations and three physical inspections by them later and they realized it was just a chunk of lead with a sticker on it so they released it and I thought all my problems were over. I went and picked up my package and didnt realize that there was no customs information on the box, or as it turns out inside the box either. The shipper took out all customs information, repackeged my stuff, and gave it to me without telling me another item had been seized.

As it turns out the shipper is technically the importer so all customs information belongs to them, and they can legally remove it. CBSA wouldnt talk specifics on the seized item(a non functioning replica paratrooper switchblade) with me because I technically was a third party to the transaction. According to their rules only WPG or the shipper had any right to information or the ability to appeal the seizure, and apparently was under no obligation to tell me something got seized. I literally had to get the district director involved to even find out the status of the case, then he overruled the seizure and released the item.

The point of this is that according to CBSA rules at the time(18 months ago) when something is purchased internationally and sent using a courier company you have no legal rights, but are still criminally responsible. And if something does get seized the courier doesnt even have to tell you unless you ask. Canada Post may have some different rules
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:09   #47
COL.TIKER

How did you find the contact info of your district director? I may need to contact mine.
Old May 24th, 2012, 21:48   #48
carllehot

My Brother got the same problem last year with shipping. He got is package 2 month later, just for a book.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2