Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A study in airsoft ammunition (primarily BB Bastards)

:

Reviews

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:02   #61
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontic View Post
Lol.

Oh, sorry for thread pollutin' by the way. Back to the bbs. You're getting some good info out, it's appreciated.
Kept forgetting to mention, you didn't pollute my thread, you had good info in there, thanks for taking the time to do so.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:40   #62
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Kewl - thanks for all the work. More information can never hurt.

The only measurement which would be useful to have is drop at distance and joules energy on impact. FPS is not the only important measure of the virtue or vice of a particular weight. The higher .28 and .30 product has more weight and therefore more kinetic energy so theoretically, its less likely to suffer changes in trajectory based on wind resistance. Also, it has better bush penetration through light foliage.

I have noticed a run on the .25 product, but I think once people start into the green ops this summer, the .28 product will get more airplay.
Old May 1st, 2008, 22:23   #63
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
the drop off with the 0.28 is quite severe (0.08 is about 40% of of .20g bbs weight). I'm not sure at this point (i.e. I haven't seen it myself) that the potential 60-70fps drop is worth the potential benefits.
I think you have judge it gun by gun. I do know that I run tightbores almost exclusively and I see .28 works very well in those. I've also tried the .28 in a stock TM M16A2 and was very surprised to see only about a 10 to 15 foot loss of distance - which to me is worth it for the definite on-target presence that is created by the .28 impact - people feel it even through gear.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:28   #64
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I think you have judge it gun by gun. I do know that I run tightbores almost exclusively and I see .28 works very well in those. I've also tried the .28 in a stock TM M16A2 and was very surprised to see only about a 10 to 15 foot loss of distance - which to me is worth it for the definite on-target presence that is created by the .28 impact - people feel it even through gear.
And the shooter can hear the hits as well. Makes it easier to hear a guy get plowed, then call him out if he doesn't call hit.

"Sorry, I didn't feel it!"

"You fucking well heard it though, I hear three BBs hit you all the way over here you bastard! Two on your gear and one on your BDU!"

"DOH! Hit!"
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews