Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G GR16 Carbine Light Review (No 56k)

:

Reviews

Old January 11th, 2009, 18:57   #16
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Some have a small hex screw under the flash hider you have to remove before you can remove the flash hider.
Old January 11th, 2009, 20:37   #17
sopmod

thats right, but somehow it is glued on the barrrel. I wished it could be removed, so I didnt have to get expensive HALO silencer..sigh
sopmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 20:47   #18
ShadowNet

how does the halo silencer work?
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:59   #19
sopmod

basically, it does not require you to remove your NATO birdcage flash hider. it comes with a adaptor which hold the silencer. G&G's birdcage flash hider is a little bit longer than real one, so I can't screw all way end, but it holds very tight.

I think these photos explain much to you.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...products_id=24
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:55   #20
TCLP

Or you can take the grub screw out of the bottom of the flash hider, use the wrench that comes with the gun. Turn the wrench clockwise. It will take some force as it is secured by plumbers pipe dope, but it will come off. Just use a little bit of the old fashioned elbow grease.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 14:45   #21
sopmod

yp..it worked with the wrench. actually came off very easily without any force.

Dam!!! I wished someone could tell me that much earlier..

thanks =)
Old January 12th, 2009, 15:51   #22
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCLP View Post
Or you can take the grub screw out of the bottom of the flash hider, use the wrench that comes with the gun. Turn the wrench clockwise. It will take some force as it is secured by plumbers pipe dope, but it will come off. Just use a little bit of the old fashioned elbow grease.
Sweet, finally got it off. Now there are paint scratches on the flash hider where the wrench was ><
Old January 12th, 2009, 15:55   #23
sopmod

well, you could put a piece cloth between the wrench and hider.
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:20   #24
TCLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
Sweet, finally got it off. Now there are paint scratches on the flash hider where the wrench was ><
Krylon FTW Get the camo system flat black, or WarHammer Chaos Black to cover the paint scratches.
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:34   #25
DENZILDON

I saw some of Ken's guns yesterday and I'm impressed. I'm not sure if you (TLCP) got one of the first batches but the new ones I saw had a smoked lower receiver. We slapped in a mag on it and when you look at it the smoked clear plactic is not noticable.
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:57   #26
TCLP

Nope the receiver was not smoked on mine. Good to hear the update. Thanks!
Old January 13th, 2009, 22:39   #27
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENZILDON View Post
I saw some of Ken's guns yesterday and I'm impressed. I'm not sure if you (TLCP) got one of the first batches but the new ones I saw had a smoked lower receiver. We slapped in a mag on it and when you look at it the smoked clear plactic is not noticable.

ive just received mine from buyairsoft (dont comment) i have the m16a3 version but yes with stop battery same as the one in this review 9.6v 1400mah i can cofirm high rof and my plastic lower receiver is smoked too with a black gearbox and your mag in it seriously not noticable ill put up a few pics when i got time
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 20:49   #28
ShadowNet

Don't quote me on this, but I think the difference between Mach1, 007Airsoft G&Gs and Buy Airsoft, CAS, Shootsoft are the price. Buy Airsoft, CAS and Shootsoft seem to have lower prices and bundled with battery, etc because the upper receiver is not metal. It's some tough nylon fibre. Mach1 and 007 have metal upper receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johjoh View Post
ive just received mine from buyairsoft (dont comment) i have the m16a3 version but yes with stop battery same as the one in this review 9.6v 1400mah i can cofirm high rof and my plastic lower receiver is smoked too with a black gearbox and your mag in it seriously not noticable ill put up a few pics when i got time

Last edited by ShadowNet; January 14th, 2009 at 20:52..
ShadowNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 23:34   #29
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
Don't quote me on this, but I think the difference between Mach1, 007Airsoft G&Gs and Buy Airsoft, CAS, Shootsoft are the price. Buy Airsoft, CAS and Shootsoft seem to have lower prices and bundled with battery, etc because the upper receiver is not metal. It's some tough nylon fibre. Mach1 and 007 have metal upper receivers.

HaHa qutoed! lol no i just wanted to say +1 on it and for the internals iim not sure but same smoekd receiver for both and exactly the same outer except the upper half receiver? mhm im pretty sure there the same

I know your gonna say there Top tech G&G and Combat machine i dont care there all made and G&G liscenced (or w-e how you spell )
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 00:51   #30
Huron
GabeGuitarded

The M16A3 I received from BuyAirsoft has a metal upper receiver. Maybe the M4 they're selling is the Light version?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews