Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SHOOTSoft Garbage

:

Reviews

Old January 20th, 2009, 19:56   #1
Gundy G

Thumbs down SHOOTSoft Garbage

So I was looking for a new L96 and all the sites said in they're description of the gun that they now only sell with one magazine, all but Shootsoft, so I decide to order through them, Early December this is. Some weeks later with no updates on my order I become irate and ask where it is, it hadn't even shipped yet, apparently some BBs broke in the box and they were giving me 2000 freebies as compensation for the wait, time passes, I receive my gun.

Where to begin, after nearly a month of waiting I recieve: wrong color gun, barrel nearly falling off, BB's all over the place, its a mess, it doesn't even shoot nearly close to 460 fps, missing an aforementioned magazine. And a host of other niggling problems, I'm not impressed and tell them and send it back.

TO MY AMAZEMENT they tell me upon receiving it that it is indeed broken, and that no I cant get my money back, they'll replace it through TSD themselves, here I am nearly 3 weeks after this and still no updates and I'm short 350 dollars. I could have ordered the same thing from buyairsoft and got it in fine condition as I have before in less time than this fiasco. Any recomedations?
Gundy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 19:58   #2
mcguyver

Wait for it from Shootsoft, or ask for a refund.

What other options do you have? Not much really.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 20:00   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Shitty deal, but I guess you just have to wait (even longer).

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 20:02   #4
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy G View Post
Any recomedations?
Get age verified and buy off someone a bit more legit than an online clearsoft retailer. If for some reason you cannot or will not get age verified, stick with buyairsoft, as they seem to have treated you fine previously. Keep in mind though, that previous performance is not necessarily an indicator for future performance.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 20:06   #5
Gundy G

buyairsoft's always been a joy, and so has velocity arms, i went to shootsoft for that extra mag, damn
Gundy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 20:33   #6
kalnaren

There's more horror stories on this site about buyairsoft than shootsoft...

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 20:43   #7
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Doesn't Shootsoft use the same AV system as ASC?
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 21:03   #8
theshaneler

only for the higher quality stuff they have a clearsoft section as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 21:09   #9
Kookamater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
There's more horror stories on this site about buyairsoft than shootsoft...
That number is starting to even out between them it seems...
Kookamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 21:26   #10
Tech

Send a message via MSN to Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy G View Post
So I was looking for a new L96 and all the sites said in they're description of the gun that they now only sell with one magazine, all but Shootsoft, so I decide to order through them, Early December this is. Some weeks later with no updates on my order I become irate and ask where it is, it hadn't even shipped yet, apparently some BBs broke in the box and they were giving me 2000 freebies as compensation for the wait, time passes, I receive my gun.

Where to begin, after nearly a month of waiting I recieve: wrong color gun, barrel nearly falling off, BB's all over the place, its a mess, it doesn't even shoot nearly close to 460 fps, missing an aforementioned magazine. And a host of other niggling problems, I'm not impressed and tell them and send it back.

TO MY AMAZEMENT they tell me upon receiving it that it is indeed broken, and that no I cant get my money back, they'll replace it through TSD themselves, here I am nearly 3 weeks after this and still no updates and I'm short 350 dollars. I could have ordered the same thing from buyairsoft and got it in fine condition as I have before in less time than this fiasco. Any recomedations?
Man that Sucks Gundy.
Dammit, White Knight never should have made this, now Planters is gonna show this picture to the entire internet saying "This is when I cleared the cornfield outside of Baghdad and found Saddam Hussein! DRRRRR I'M BLACKWATER!!! DRRRR! Oh hai Ronan! *insert ***** in mouth*"
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 21:28   #11
theshaneler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookamater View Post
That number is starting to even out between them it seems...
probably because almost everyone on this site knows not to get from them now, the only people who buy from buyairsoft are people who don't come to this site. where as shootsoft WAS a good seller, but all i have heard lately is crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 16:22   #12
LeGROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
probably because almost everyone on this site knows not to get from them now, the only people who buy from buyairsoft are people who don't come to this site. where as shootsoft WAS a good seller, but all i have heard lately is crap
Maybe because our customer dont speak here!

There was a time where shootSOFT was new and have to do is place! Now shootSOFT have more than 1 million page view by month!!

For your l96, it will be the same if you buy it on any retailler!! We have to ask the distributor before accpeting any return and have it exchange! There is also few retailers who we never give you warranty for it!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:14   #13
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGROS View Post
Maybe because our customer dont speak here!

There was a time where shootSOFT was new and have to do is place! Now shootSOFT have more than 1 million page view by month!!

For your l96, it will be the same if you buy it on any retailler!! We have to ask the distributor before accpeting any return and have it exchange! There is also few retailers who we never give you warranty for it!
Whoa... a little exclamation mark happy there? LOL
Old January 22nd, 2009, 17:18   #14
Brodie_BHD

I have personally ordered 2 Items from them... first off was my JG Bar10 G spec which came super fast without any delay and no problems at all. Secondly was my L96 which I had problems with. I waited nearly 2 Months for it to arrive with no communication during that time period. Upon arrival I was greeted with a box that said "UTG Shadow Ops Sniper rifle" I was like WTF? I ordered the Well Version of this gun that came with a scope and bipod... So I just open it up anyways seeing how they are pretty much the same gun and to my surprise theres no scope. There was 2 mags but no scope which sucked.

I emailed them asking why they advertised it as something it really wasnt? No reply. I wasnt very satisfied after that and wont be placing anymore orders from them.
Brodie_BHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 20:14   #15
LeGROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie_BHD View Post
I have personally ordered 2 Items from them... first off was my JG Bar10 G spec which came super fast without any delay and no problems at all. Secondly was my L96 which I had problems with. I waited nearly 2 Months for it to arrive with no communication during that time period. Upon arrival I was greeted with a box that said "UTG Shadow Ops Sniper rifle" I was like WTF? I ordered the Well Version of this gun that came with a scope and bipod... So I just open it up anyways seeing how they are pretty much the same gun and to my surprise theres no scope. There was 2 mags but no scope which sucked.

I emailed them asking why they advertised it as something it really wasnt? No reply. I wasnt very satisfied after that and wont be placing anymore orders from them.

Never receive your email about this situation, when this kind of situation arrive we will reply with a solution!!

by exemple, Gundy G, could tell...

Yes He do have a trouble with is l96, and we always respond to is email! He could maybe tell to everyone it's &*%&%?%%&, and he could also tell we did take our responsability!!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews