G&G M4 Carbine & Carbine REC Reviews & Comparison

:

Reviews

Old August 27th, 2009, 22:24   #31
SDS_ShooterMcGavin

Send a message via MSN to SDS_ShooterMcGavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyte View Post
Mmmmmm, they might have a stronger lower receiver, quality is not necessarily better, realism isn't really a factor either as they look identical to FMU's when painted which is easily done, nor is a more 'realistic' look a necessity or reason to purchase one brand over another for many players, especially when pricing is taken into consideration.

Please don't post in my review threads going against the review, especially when you have not even used the product in question, or from the sounds of it the ones you are recommending either. I have taken a lot of time and effort making these reviews because people want to make informed decisions. If you feel you want to purchase a FMU from the classifieds as it has the advantages you are looking for over the AEG in this review, do that, but you don't need to push your opinions in my thread, there is no shortage of misinformation and trash talk about the partially clear G&G line floating about as is, we really don't need any more people who have never even used them saying what's better and what's not.

Thanks.

+1

Alot of people seem to voice there opinions based on no experience what so ever, Thanks again Knyte for this excellent review! I've been waiting for this as I have a very expensive apartment and car payments, this AEG line is right up my alley

"Were not that good... Everybody else just sucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Flaming a guy on his question, no matter how stupid it sounds, is to me not a professional way helping out nor answering the guys question.
SDS_ShooterMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 00:02   #32
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyte View Post
Mmmmmm, they might have a stronger lower receiver, quality is not necessarily better, realism isn't really a factor either as they look identical to FMU's when painted which is easily done, nor is a more 'realistic' look a necessity or reason to purchase one brand over another for many players, especially when pricing is taken into consideration.

Please don't post in my review threads going against the review, especially when you have not even used the product in question, or from the sounds of it the ones you are recommending either. I have taken a lot of time and effort making these reviews because people want to make informed decisions. If you feel you want to purchase a FMU from the classifieds as it has the advantages you are looking for over the AEG in this review, do that, but you don't need to push your opinions in my thread, there is no shortage of misinformation and trash talk about the partially clear G&G line floating about as is, we really don't need any more people who have never even used them saying what's better and what's not.

Thanks.

Yar! +1

It seems like before This whole cansoft thing, G&G were considered perfectly good guns, Sure not the best, but solid, good guns. Now, Everyone seems to think they are worse then JG, I have actually heard some people compare them to Aftermaths.

G&G's are still very solid AEGs, a friend of mine owns one of those new rec ones, feels just fine to me, definatly more solid then my JG..

/Rant

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:52   #33
audi_bhoy

Could there be a review of the advanced version?
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 18:20   #34
WARFIGHTER
formerly Knyte

Yes as soon as we can get one in. CAS is out of stock on them atm.
Old August 28th, 2009, 23:58   #35
stutlc

Send a message via ICQ to stutlc
I hate to jump in on your review thread Knyte, after all it is for reviews. However, we bought the 'Advanced' G&G M4 CQB-R from you a week or so ago. I can testify, it's a very solid gun, seems to be very comparable to the full metal M4 that I was Observing and feeling around at my Gun techs place. At least in terms of weight and overall feel. However, if I can remember correctly it was firing very consistently at around 295fps w/ .25's. Which translates to around 330fps w/ .2's. With the rate of fire being around 14.5 bb's per second. As well, it has a very responsive trigger. I would like to go into further details, but that is about all I can remember at this time.

The only thing that I wasn't too pleased with was the fact that the smoked lower receiver came with a hairline crack in it. But this guy was very quick to contact CAS to get me a new lower. Also, another problem that I had with this gun was that for just over $500, it outperforms my 'money pit' of an TM AUG...but I'm working on it.

Hope I helped or answered someones questions...if not, Meh, Whatever.
stutlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:50   #36
WARFIGHTER
formerly Knyte

No worries, good to hear from you and glad you are enjoying the piece!
Old September 2nd, 2009, 23:10   #37
Amos

UPDATE

I just installed a modify polycarbonate piston head and the FPS on this thing jumped quite a bit. It's now firing 374 +/- 4 FPS.. It's VERY consistent and sounds VERY healthy.

With this $15 part this gun now scores

AFTER PISTON HEAD OVERALL: 19/25 OR 76/100

I would HIGHLY recommend this gun over any Cyma, JG, or any other clone within its price range.. or hell.. Even Tokyo Marui M4's {ONLY THEIR M4S IN THIS CASE, I AM NOT SAYING THAT G&G IS BETTER THAN TM}... (Tokyo Marui M4's are very out-dated with receiver tabs, multi piece barrel... G&G has improved on ALL of these things)
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:05   #38
Forever_kaos

OMG Amos!

I laughed so hard at the sticky faces!

Keep up the work man.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:09   #39
Amos

I should have the review of the lower-end one up tonight... I've only got to get through 3 other guns before that one!
G3SD6
Old September 4th, 2009, 01:06   #40
Shijima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post

UPDATE

I just installed a modify polycarbonate piston head and the FPS on this thing jumped quite a bit. It's now firing 374 +/- 4 FPS.. It's VERY consistent and sounds VERY healthy.

With this $15 part this gun now scores

That is awesome to hear.

Im a noob, and would like to know, would you recommend a particular brand of piston head? Or will any polycarb suffice?

Edit: Just did some googling, didnt realise Modify was the brand.

www.yarisworld.com

Last edited by Shijima; September 4th, 2009 at 01:09..
Shijima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 16:58   #41
Amos

Ooookay! Just got finished with the REC carbine... Before you read on... I must say.. AVOID THE REC VERSION. It's MUCH lower quality than the normal M4 Carbine... the price difference of $48 is NOT WORTH buying the Rec version... Go for the standard or advanced all the way...

Here's why:

Low quality plastic upper receiver... with a strange finish.. All the metal parts have a very ugly shiny black paint applied to them.

Motor.. It may look the same as the standard version.. but it has MUCH less torque (strength to spin the gears)

Plastic stock cap with a force threaded screw to hold it in

Standard hop-up unit.. but a horribly light and weak aluminum inner barrel

Demonstration of upper receiver flex... I don't know about you.. but I like my guns to feel solid.. not like a wet noodle.

Standard gearbox... it's all pretty standard.. only difference being brass bushings instead of 7mm bearings that the standard version has... oh yea.. the piston head STILL SUCKS.

Less than 500 rounds put through this.. and there's already trigger corrosion..

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PISTON HEAD!!

Very suitable replacement

Very low quality lower... a small fracture formed as I was re-building everything.. it didn't line up perfectly so I had to bend the body so the holes would line up..

THE NUMBERS!:

Shimming: 4/5
Shimming was very good, it only needed 3X .1mm shims to make it perfect
3 Revolutions free-spin

Compression: 0/5

Complete and utter failure... change the piston head ASAP.
The stock piston head was LOOSE.. this would have caused a major gearbox failure in the this gun's future.

Wiring 3/5
Wiring is lower quality than the normal version of this gun.. It was very stiff, very thin and got very hot within a short time of test-firing it.
The motor has much less torque than the standard version
Less than 500 shots and already trigger corrosion

Finish: 2.5/5
All metal is just painted with a glossy black paint that chips very easily.
Very cheap plastic lower, cracked during re-assembly

Fitment: 2.5/5

Plastic stock cap was plastic with force-thread screw
Very flimsy upper
Body required tweaking to get all the holes to line up to put the pins in straight

OVERALL 12/25 OR 48/100
Verdict: GET THE REGULAR VERSION. It's $48 more... and you don't have to deal with all the down-falls of the cheap version. There's no reason anyone shouldn't pony up the extra $48, even if they are going to be replacing a majority of the parts.

THE REGULAR LINE IS MUCH, MUCH BETTER.
G3SD6
Old September 6th, 2009, 19:16   #42
WARFIGHTER
formerly Knyte

I will add to this a bit more. Used the REC at a few more games since being upgraded with a piston head, and it is performing just fine. It isn't a BAD gun, Amos's number rating isn't meant to indicate that persay, it works quite well and we'll see how it hold up in the future. Total about 1200 rds through it now.

However, as Amos and I have said, for an extra 50 or 60, the classic version has significant improvement in externals and the more robust motor, and better inner barrel will be a worthwhile investment in the classic for the relatively minor price increase as well. Performance wise, they are both working quite well though.

We also got to test and use the MP5's today, and I'll be putting up my review, and then send them off to Amos to have a look at their internals, but next to the AK W/S these are definitely my favorites. They really blew me away with the quality of externals and performance as well.
Old September 6th, 2009, 19:28   #43
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

I'm looking into a G&G M4 CQB...my question is with the advanced version, is the compression problem fixed? Or do you have to replace it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 20:17   #44
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erennert View Post
I'm looking into a G&G M4 CQB...my question is with the advanced version, is the compression problem fixed? Or do you have to replace it as well.
nope, all cansoft G&Gs are like that

the piston head isn't the problem per se, the O-ring is just too small

just need a fatter O-ring. for like 3 bucks
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 20:48   #45
Wrath144
formerly steyr

I'm going to jump in here and say that the cansoft MP5's are fucking SEX! I shot some of Warfighters today and it was beautiful! Highly reccomend, external quality and firing performance was way beyond my expectations.
Wrath144 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews