Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MagPul PTS MASADA

:

Airsoft Media

Old June 30th, 2011, 17:36   #61
jomor

Rails

I'm about to get a DE Masada and I want rails for it. However I don't want black rails. Does anyone know where I can get DE rails or Brown ones? My red dot, grip and flash light are all DE I would like to keep it all DE if possible.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 17:57   #62
icaris

Send a message via MSN to icaris
Just did a quick google search as im sure you already tried...

Doesn't look like you can buy moe rails in DE, just buy some black ones and paint them yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3sk View Post
What happens in the BOX stays in the BOX.
icaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 22:00   #63
jomor

Paint

I guess I will have to do that. I could have sworn awhile back I had a set that I bought of someone here on the ASC but for the life of me I can't find them.
Oh well time to crack open the Krylon.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 23:18   #64
deadlydayne

So I hate to ask this, But I was wondering If anyone had any information on when or if The Fully Liscensed Masada PTS will ever be produced again? Everywhere I look its out of stock and every one has the A&K's in stock. I already have the A&K masada and love it but id also like the Official "Magpul/Bushmaster ACR" as it were.
deadlydayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 00:03   #65
spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlydayne View Post
So I hate to ask this, But I was wondering If anyone had any information on when or if The Fully Liscensed Masada PTS will ever be produced again? Everywhere I look its out of stock and every one has the A&K's in stock. I already have the A&K masada and love it but id also like the Official "Magpul/Bushmaster ACR" as it were.
The PTS masada acr is based on the early production ACR's with an integrated front sight and not on the bushmaster which has a Mbus for a front sight.

You live in the US so ordering a PTS masada ACR overseas should be no problem for you.
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 00:29   #66
deadlydayne

ya sorry im always mixin up the two, it was pointless for bushmaster to change all that over. Anyways i was kinda hoping i wouldnt have to order overseas. Last thing i want is customs to rip my gun apart and then throw it in a box and send it to me. I have had terrible experiences with customs. Hell i ordered a trigger sear for my l96. A $10 piece of steel. Ended up costing me almost $150. so i try to avoid the customs.

Also correct me if im wrong ( I wanna make sure I get this right so I can remember ) The A&K version is the Magpul Masada. The original, Then when Bushmaster took over (because Magpul couldnt produce as many as needed in the required timeframe) Bushmaster dropped the name "Masada" and it is known as the Bushmaster/Magpul A.C.R (Adaptive Combat Rifle)

Last edited by deadlydayne; July 1st, 2011 at 01:59..
deadlydayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 18:59   #67
Kable

Just got myself a black Masada. Last one the store had :P I am wondering where to get the QD sling mounts that fits on either the stock or the body.
Kable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 20:41   #68
icaris

Theres an actual Masada sling mount, the only place Ive found it is Airsoft GI and Ehobby. It goes just before where the stock opens. You can see two little holes.

Quote:
Old July 3rd, 2011, 21:10   #69
icaris

Quote:
Also correct me if im wrong ( I wanna make sure I get this right so I can remember ) The A&K version is the Magpul Masada. The original, Then when Bushmaster took over (because Magpul couldnt produce as many as needed in the required timeframe) Bushmaster dropped the name "Masada" and it is known as the Bushmaster/Magpul A.C.R (Adaptive Combat Rifle)
Not sure on the specifics but yes, the A&K is the earlier model of the masada with the further back charging handle.

Quote:
Old July 3rd, 2011, 21:14   #70
Kable

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaris View Post
Theres an actual Masada sling mount, the only place Ive found it is Airsoft GI and Ehobby. It goes just before where the stock opens. You can see two little holes.
Not what i'm looking for... What i want is the mount on the stock in this picture

Kable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 21:56   #71
the_griffinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable View Post
Not what i'm looking for... What i want is the mount on the stock in this picture

Just a basic QD sling swivel.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2019
Old July 3rd, 2011, 22:13   #72
Watdapakman
a.k.a. Tentebunete

Send a message via Yahoo to Watdapakman
I got mine from Huang at Airsoftdepot and also check Airsoftparts.ca for those mount it's the same one on my Masada

Sparrow Unit
Watdapakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 22:17   #73
icaris

Yeah sorry, I knew what you meant but made my suggestion because my masada and every video review on youtube I watched before i bought mine have a SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR weak spring on the adjustable stock as you will see if you haven't already. Just pull it and it will come out without pushing the buttons.

Edit: If you have the A&K, the magpul pts one isn't adjustable as far as I'm aware.

I need to get a sling mount asap as well and figured the actual masada sling mount will probably hold up a hell of a lot better.

Quote:
Old July 8th, 2011, 17:37   #74
Kampfer

Send a message via MSN to Kampfer
Quote:
Won't be produced again this year. There will be at least 3 months wait time after production starts again for distribution to reach here.
Black has been completely out since 2 months ago, few DE and FG will still show up here and there with your local retailers' stock.
www.AirsoftGear.ca Parts, Accessories and Gaming Experience
Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:02   #75
Scouser

Just got my A&K last night, cant wait to play around with it and get the internals tuned just how I want them. Definately needs to be reshimmed, and the fire selector seems to make a grinding noise when i try to change safe-semi-full. Brand new out of the box, meh though, a lot of reviews said the A&K needed some tweaking.

I tossed some knockoff mbus on it, and an aimpoint t1. A teammate just got the tan one, so we will be swapping stocks and foregrips to make them two toned. Pretty much just for the hell of it.

One of the local gundocs has an A&K done up as a dmr, says with the normal barrel length he managed to fit a 455 tightbore in it, so i might go that route.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acr1.JPG (1.07 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg acr2.JPG (1.04 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg acr3.JPG (1.06 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg acr4.JPG (994.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg acr5.JPG (1.02 MB, 11 views)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media