Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review King Arms Galil (56k beware)

:

Reviews

Old November 30th, 2008, 14:28   #1
nachostheclown

Review King Arms Galil (56k beware)

This is my first King Arms weapon and so far I am pretty impressed.

What you get in the very nice foam padded box. Well you get the gun, one 120rd mag, well written English manual and an actual speedloader.

The gun itself is very solid and appears to have quite a bit of steel in it. The only play in the gun is the fore-grip, it's ever so loose. This is a very minor complaint really.

Since this is a fully licensed copy of the real thing it has full IMI trades. I have never handled a real Galil so I cant vouch for the authenticity of the trades. Being that it is marked 223rem makes it seem like it has civilian markings. The selector on the grip does move but serves no purpose. All weapons controls are in the traditional AK selector setup.

The stock is a folder and very solid in both the extended and folded position. The stock locks positively in both positions.

Mags are slightly longer then real steel STANMAGs. They fit in most of my mag pouches but I could see how some pouch configurations could be a tight fit. The mags are proprietary, I had thought maybe KA would make AK mags work. But as with the real steel the Galil has it's own mags.

It's a bit larger then a 74U.

But slightly shorter then a full size M4.

This gun does have a blow back system. It really serves no purpose other then to look cool. Which it does.
nachostheclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 14:29   #2
nachostheclown

Front and rear sights are fully adjustable and have a cool night setup.

The gun takes a standard AK stick type. It is a little trickier to put the battery in then on a standard AK. You have to remove the gas tube by pulling off the dust cover and then retracting the bolt. It is a very tight fit width wise, as you can see the batteries sticker was torn off. As far as length wise it appears as though it could accommodate at least a 12v battery.

So hows it shoot? I'll let the pictures tell the tale.

This is average with G+G .25 bios.

This is average with G+G .20 bios.

This gun is definitely not going win the hottest shooting gun contest but it works for me. I'm going to pick up 6 more mags and then give it a try as my primary.
Old November 30th, 2008, 14:30   #3
nachostheclown

I decided to try my hand at modding an AK mag to fit. My first attempt was with an unknown brand hi-cap. After literally 30 seconds with the dremmel it fit perfectly. To my surprise it also still worked in my CA 74, VFC 74U and VFC AIMS. So I decided to move on to one of my VFC mid-caps. Same result and they function flawlessly.

Nice fit

As you can see very little had to be done to make it work. Left is unaltered, right is modified.

The more and more I play with this gun, the more I love it. King Arms get top marks in my books for this weapon.
Old November 30th, 2008, 14:31   #4
nachostheclown

Upon closer comparison to my RS Desert Eagle, the trades font is spot on. Looks good to me.

Old November 30th, 2008, 14:34   #5
Brit ter

Nice bang sticks ,great review!
Old November 30th, 2008, 14:43   #6
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Nice gun and great review!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 14:48   #7
the_griffinator

That looks really good. I need to start saving.
Old November 30th, 2008, 14:59   #8
KNIVEZS

gun looks nice...good review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:36   #9
super.felix

Nice review , i also plan to buy one , can not stand waiting some month again for an ACM clone
Is it possible to desactivate the blow back system ?
super.felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:12   #10
nachostheclown

It's more complicated then the VFC AIMS but I'm sure it can be done. I kept having issues with my AIMS so I just popped out the "paper clip" that operated it. The Galil has had no issues and works great, so I have not really thought about it. When I get home I'll put up some better pics of the system.
Old February 5th, 2009, 16:42   #11
Old School Punk

Sorry to be an idiot, but what is a Galil? It sure looks like a AK47 or 74 to me? Is this just a AK47 made in a different country kind of thing?

It looks very nice! Great review, thanks!

Gordo
Old February 5th, 2009, 17:10   #12
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
5 seconds on Wikipedia would reveal:

The Galil’s design is optimized for operation in arid conditions and is based on the Finnish RK 62,[1] which itself was derived from the Soviet AK-47 assault rifle. It was selected as the winner of a competition for the Israel Defense Forces that included many other rival designs (among them, the M16A1, Stoner 63, AK-47 and HK33) and was formally accepted into service in 1972, replacing the dust-sensitive FN FAL.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:41   #13
super.felix

I bought the Galil and i have received then will desactivate the BB system

Here is the hand guard

Last edited by super.felix; February 21st, 2009 at 04:45..
Old February 22nd, 2009, 13:22   #14
super.felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachostheclown View Post
It's more complicated then the VFC AIMS but I'm sure it can be done. I kept having issues with my AIMS so I just popped out the "paper clip" that operated it. The Galil has had no issues and works great, so I have not really thought about it. When I get home I'll put up some better pics of the system.
Well i have received mine , 2 weeks ago and try to desactivate the blow back system , we can take it off but then the top cover will not fit then to the receiver unless , the bottom of the BB system is filed to prevent the spring to pull the BB system

Last edited by super.felix; February 23rd, 2009 at 14:46..
Old February 22nd, 2009, 13:45   #15
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.felix View Post
Well i have received mine 2 weeks ago and truy to desactivate the blow back system , we can take it off but then the top cover will not fit then to the receiver unless , the bottom of the BB system is filed to prevent the spring to pull the BB system

doesent matter to me ive seen the video on youtube to show that if you hold the bolt theres a protection system witch wont break anything if it ever gets stuck on the side of a branch by accident

p.s. i cant link the video stupid youtube wont load :banghead: but i think u just have to type in king arms galil
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews