My genius brother

:

General

Old August 7th, 2008, 17:06   #16
Sanox

Send a message via MSN to Sanox
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
The guy has a hard time seeing to his far left. Although I'm assuming it's from swelling. It hit like a 1/4 inch from the eye. My brother feels completely stupid and sorry, but I explained to him that feeling sorry won't do much. Prevention and safety are the key.
So what's with the guy? Moar details plox, was he a neighbour? Some one you know? Your bro's friend? Some sexy stranger that offered candy?
Sanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 17:10   #17
warbird

He was a guy he knows. Underage too, his parents got them. I honestly have to group everyone together and review safety rules and when and how to use the guns. I'm not a pro, but I know better. It's things like these, thoughtless and irresponsible, that ruin it for others. Trust me, he will learn fro his mistake, it's just too, too bad he had to learn the hard way. My parents took the gun away for a long, long time. It will be locked somewheres, I assume.

Last edited by warbird; August 7th, 2008 at 17:13..
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 17:15   #18
Foxx

Send a message via MSN to Foxx
I disagree, neither you or your brother should touch anything related to airsoft until you guys grow up well over 18 and learn proper safety rules.
Old August 7th, 2008, 17:16   #19
Strelok

Tt seems a lot of the time people will only learn from trail and error, Words will not do justice for our youth, :\.
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by Strelok; April 11th, 2011 at 11:02..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 17:18   #20
Foxx

Out of curiosity, how did they thought this would end without wearing any proper eye protection?
Old August 7th, 2008, 17:22   #21
warbird

It's beyond me. Honestly, I'm speechless right now. All I know is that these guns will be put away for a good while.
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 18:50   #22
comrade1
Post counts are important

eventuly after a wile what ever your safty corce you tok, some people just get to careless and it dosent ocure to them that some one could lose a eye and sooner or later the get a big HOLY CRAP!!! ( wake up call)

Last edited by comrade1; August 9th, 2008 at 18:53.. Reason: bad spelling
comrade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 19:03   #23
Disco_Dante

nvm my bad

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:13   #24
Kingsix

good thing that crapsoft pistol was crappy enough not to lodge in the guys eye.
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:28   #25
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
good thing that crapsoft pistol was crappy enough not to lodge in the guys eye.
+1 imagine with one of those hard hitting gbb... or heck a pellet gun :S
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:53   #26
Cheeseduck

warbird...there shouldn't be any explanation at all of how dangerous guns are and to be careful with them. that talk shouldn't even b considered until they are 18 because they shouldn't have had the gun to start with! that person is damn lucky they didn't lose their eye. it's things like this that move airsoft in canada from the grey zone to the red zone....jesus christ, srry guys for my harsh reaction but i haven't been waiting 2 years to start this sport just to have it banned because 12 year olds are fuckin running around shooting people in the bloody eye. HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAD THAT GUN...YOUR PARENTS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT!! don't mention gun safety to him because if you do, he's gonna keep playing with guns but just think he needs to b more careful...wen he shouldn't have one period. talking will just make it worse but i strongly suggest if u ever see him playin with one again even if its in a backyard game, to take it away and give him a good bitchin for touchin another airsoft gun after wat happened.
Cheeseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 12:36   #27
thePiRaTE!!

The 18+ rule is ours alone. We can't expect everyone else to abide by the airsoft scenes generally expected practices.

Its great that we have self-policing and it does - I assure you - reflect upon our scene favourably with authorities, but there are many more clear softs used stupidly every day that we just cannot control.

FWIW, it sounds Warbird like you understand and appreciate the rules and even risked flammage to get your story off your chest here. I'm glad to hear there are responsible younger players willing to pass down the voice of reason - please continue to do so. It makes a difference.
Old August 10th, 2008, 12:47   #28
Gigaknight

Gah, I'm glad we have our 18+ rule; my brother was trying to convince that he was mature enough to use my friend's M14. I told him he couldn't use it because it wasn't mine AND he's a minor. He got pissed and raided my room for my MP5, but I had that at a friend's house.

T.A.C.O.
Tactical Airsoft Combat Operatives
Gigaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 12:48   #29
Foxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE!! View Post
(...) but there are many more clear softs used stupidly every day that we just cannot control.
I agree with you, I work at Canadian Tire and god knows how many time I was asked for clearsoft from underage kids. We have been instructed not to sell them to persons under 16 years old but no matter if I refuse to, most of them comes back anyway with their parents who makes the purchase for them. :banghead:
Old August 10th, 2008, 19:02   #30
comrade1
Post counts are important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
I agree with you, I work at Canadian Tire and god knows how many time I was asked for clearsoft from underage kids. We have been instructed not to sell them to persons under 16 years old but no matter if I refuse to, most of them comes back anyway with their parents who makes the purchase for them. :banghead:
I think one of the bigest reasions for people that are buying one is the fact that there way to cheep, any 6 year old with a $20 alawence can aford one of these things and thats why more and more people are loosing eyes because of all these little kids who dont have the slitest clue about safty and proper gun use, are just going Ooo lets play guns , and dont realiz the fact that some one could loose a eye and its also kind of the parents falt to because there the ones buying the gun in the first place. And i think this gives airsoft a bad name.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General