Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help: G&G UMG V3 problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 7th, 2009, 22:59   #1
ledor473

Help: G&G UMG V3 problem

Hello,

To begin, I've to admit that I'm pretty new to internal upgrade, habitually I don't open a mechbox, I change it. But I did alot of external work on my old m4 and my actual UMG so I know some things. I'm also a bit chairsofter so I know the piece and all that. The previous owner did some internal job but he don't know what...

Ok so today, I changed my plug for deans plug because I receive it and I got a game tomorrow. When I strip my gun (G&G UMG, not the clear one) I see that a sorbo pad was not where it's suppose, I check again and it was moving. I decide to finish my deans plug and after check it.

So finally yeah, it was really the sorbo pad, I see it clearly. Since I got a game tomorrow, I decide to open it (the last time I did it, that cost me a gearbox..)

I open it, no problem at all, I check the sorbo pad and It was scrap, when I streched it alot of other tears... Here is the pic I took:

The cylinder head show also some tear and some of the plastic was ate... but I don't have any other one so I remove all the shit that the sorbo made and replace it, pics:

I re-install everything, I finally close the mechbox and try it, it's shooting YEA!
I assembly the whole gun and test it on a coke can..... not going throw one side... get another one, same...
The gearbox is not leaking air via the side or anything suspicious...

Anyone know what made it? Did the piston head is not effective without a sorbo? Any other idea?

Also anyone have seen that before? (the sorbo)

Thank you so much guy if you can help me.
ledor473

Last edited by ledor473; November 25th, 2009 at 23:06..
ledor473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:48   #2
G26

You should invest in those good sorbopads. Normal sorbo pads can't take the prolong impact, after a while, it will disintegrate.

Go around forums for different brands of sorbopad review and see which one is good.
G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:44   #3
ledor473

Okok thanks, I will check this

Update:
I re-open the gearbox yesterday to check if I did the gear timing and also if the spring was not inversed. But no, it's not my issue...

But a strange thing I noticed is that the piston stay half compressed after each single shoot. I need to use full-auto to remove the compressing on the spring. I don't know if I'm clear.
What can cause that?

Also I will buy a new Modify Cylinder Head when airsoftparts.ca will re-open... if you got another suggestion, tell me please
Old November 10th, 2009, 13:19   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
no such thing as gear timing in aegs, and maybe a certain type of silicon oil eats sorbo pads??? Any idea what the gun's internals were lubed with?
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 16:38   #5
ledor473

Their is no timing with AEG? We dont need to put it at 1oclock or semething like this?...

The grease is white but he dont put alot of it so cant help with that... Sounds like lithium grease but who know...
Old November 10th, 2009, 17:13   #6
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledor473 View Post
Their is no timing with AEG? We dont need to put it at 1oclock or semething like this?...

The grease is white but he dont put alot of it so cant help with that... Sounds like lithium grease but who know...
Well I hope the grease is all silicon based cause else wise it probably ate your sorbo and is eating everything else, and for the gear timing, absolutely none, it's a myth perpetuated by the misinformed, you can (as long as the right gears are in the right place) put them at any rotation you want, they set them self after each shot anyways. Gear timing is only required in more complex machinery where 2 or more gears in have a unique feature (like the cut off lever nub/piston gripping teeth on the one gear). AEGs however only have one gear like that so it's always properly timed no matter how it's rotated.
Old November 10th, 2009, 18:19   #7
ledor473

Okok!

Well for the silicon based, I can't really know, nothin seems to be scrap execpt the sorbo. I will clean up everything when I will install my cylinder head.

No idea why the cycle is all messed up if it's not the timing myth?

Last edited by ledor473; November 10th, 2009 at 19:05..
ledor473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 23:57   #8
Amos

Hey there.. You're using a first generation sobothane pad... They've been GREATLY improved since then...

I've talked to the creator of the Sorbothane pad and he's agreed to give you a new generation one for free, PM me your address and I'll have him send you one.

You also need to make sure you scrape away ALL the black and then thoroughly clean and de-grease the surface you're going to apply the sorbo pad to!

Sorbothane pads are AMAZING pieces of airsoft technology. They reduce the shock on your box by a GREAT amount aswell as make your gun much quieter!!

PM me your address!

Also, with a sorbothane pad, it's highly suggested that you remove the last tooth on your piston, this will correct angle of engagement on your piston and sector gear
G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; November 11th, 2009 at 00:42..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:11   #9
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
oh amos, is there a magic you cant muster?
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:14   #10
Amos

Still working on the rabbit out of a hat thing

The rabbits don't stay... fresh... long enough
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:32   #11
ledor473

Wow thanks Amos, I will test it
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:44   #12
BORDENSNIPER

sorbos are a great idea, but V3's dont necessarily need them, Ive ran V3's at 410fps without sorbos and they do just fine!

Although not essential, its nice to have for added security.
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 17:10   #13
ledor473

Okok then I will install the new one when I got it.
But it doesnt change the cycling problem... My piston dont stay forward after each shot, it stay at the middle of the brass tube. Do you think its the cause of the low FPS??
Old November 11th, 2009, 20:37   #14
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

after auto fire or semi?
Old November 11th, 2009, 21:29   #15
ledor473

After semi.
When I shot in full auto it can happen to stay forward but it's pretty random and normal too

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner