Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jg aug a1

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 16th, 2014, 15:48   #1
Mausturm

Jg aug a1

Hey all,

I'm planning on working on an Australian Army Impression and bought a AUG A1 from JG and was wondering what things I should replace off the bat so I can get it shooting consistently and accurately. Anything I should be aware of? Perhaps problems that are inherit with the AUG itself?

Cheers,

Mausturm
Old June 16th, 2014, 15:54   #2
Jimski

consistently: bearings on the spring, one at the spring guide, the other at the piston head ( it lays inside the piston body)
be careful how the piston head is held to the piston body: a screw with a bolt is much much better than a screw going straight into the piston head's plastic.

accurately: the legend says a tightbore barrel is useful, a firefly hop rubber will help also.Do NOt change these parts if the ones you have in the stock gun work perfectly.Hop Rubber is the most important in my opinion since it's the hop action that will make your gun accurate as long as it shoots decently straight, i.e. if your stock barrel doesn't suck.

to get a crisp trigger pull it`s better to use a lipo or 9.6v battery

the only serious problem that the AUG has i.m.o is the weak plastic magazine well that has a tendency to break in the front if you twist the magazine when unloading/reloading.Be careful with this part as it is hard to replace.

Last edited by Jimski; June 16th, 2014 at 15:57..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 03:14   #3
Mausturm

What parts would work in the JG AUG A1 out of curiosity sake? V3 Parts I would take it? Save for the Cylinder Head and Nozzle?
Old June 17th, 2014, 07:25   #4
Jimski

AUG takes V3 parts, you are right about the cylinder head and nozzle that are specific to AUG - I wouldn't touch those.
I would definitely check the piston seal and use a non-ported cylinder.
Old June 17th, 2014, 10:11   #5
Bellerophon

I fixed my buddy's JG AUG A2 a few times, I had some grievances with the design:
- The only part that seals the gearbox to the hop up chamber is the plastic plate that divides the rear of the gearbox from the battery compartment. This would be fine if the two posts that held this plate did not flex or break so easily. If you find yourself suddenly losing ~100FPS and misfeeding every other round, it may be that this divider plate is loose or broken, causing a ~1mm gap between the chamber and the gearbox
- The magwell has some open spaces that allow BBs to escape into the shell and rattle around in the grip. At one point I had to fish a BB out that was stuck behind the trigger, blocking it

That said, it's got some nice features:
- The gearbox is really easy to remove once you get the hang of it, and the wiring/electrical parts are virtually all outside the gearbox shell
- The gearbox was a breeze to open and work on, in comparison to the V2s I open all the time
- The hop up design is pretty solid
Old June 17th, 2014, 13:04   #6
Mausturm

I heard the JG AUG uses Nylon Bushings instead of Metal. Any recommendations on what size bushings are requires? I plan on keeping the gears since they should be metal and should work.
Old June 17th, 2014, 13:25   #7
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post

the only serious problem that the AUG has i.m.o is the weak plastic magazine well that has a tendency to break in the front if you twist the magazine when unloading/reloading.Be careful with this part as it is hard to replace.
They break if you jam the mag in straight into the gun like an M4. Aug mags need to be rocked from the front slightly as per G3 and AKs.

If you do break it you can fix it quite easily. It simply involves filing a notch at the front of the well (this part can be removed entirely from the gun to be repaired fyi) getting a piece of abs plastic, and matching the width of it to the notch you filed out. Then superglue, and pin in place and you are pretty much set.

Here is a reference pic.

jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications