Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 23rd, 2014, 22:48   #31
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
GBBR all the way.

I played the past 2 seasons and starting the third very soon with my WE SCAR.

I had a backup most of the time, but never needed it.

Please disregard the propylene comment. It smells so bad you almost puke, and is 100% sure to explode your nozzle at temperatures over 10c. It's also VERY corrosive and eats at the o-rings in mater of hours.

If you want to play in colder weather, tune down the FPS. It will use slightly less gaz with each shot and boost consistency a lot.

Also use .28 or above. It's useless to put .20 or .25s in a GBBR, the turbulence at barrel tip screw up everything.
Yea, I like heavier balls, light balls dont work well with me.
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 22:56   #32
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
There are O-rings you can buy that are resistant to petroleum and propylene
It's primarily just natural rubber that gets eaten by petroleum
Doubt anyone would know where to source them though lol
Mcmaster Carr to the rescue

http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=qts488

And here's a chart to know what can resist what

http://www.sealingdevices.com/docume...patibility.pdf

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 23:23   #33
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post

Yes, I when my rubbers break, I replace um
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 20:13   #34
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
Yes, I when my rubbers break, I replace um
I prefer not to break my rubbers.
Less headaches and yelling at me...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 17:25   #35
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I love the idea of realism, but performance over realism all the way. That little GBBR kick is fun but novel in the grand scheme compared to distance and accuracy. I've been at a milsim where we've had single, large-scale engagements last over four hours. How do you carry enough gas, cartridges, etc for 24 hours or more? By the way, external hard-wired tank equals epic fail for airsoft.

I'd like to say that I want GBBRs to go far, before the hate machine starts rolling over me. I'd like to see technology go into harder kick, stable gas, and reliability. Until then, it's either doing a lesser job, less reliability, and less versatile. Knowing you're going to hit your target at range, go for longer periods because you only need an extra battery, and havin no FPS mood swings in temperature, is a huge advantage. Trading that for the gas kick is nowhere near worth it for me.

The biggest for me is performance. If you want to go for outward realism, then Systema wins there too. So far I'd consider a GBBR for maybe a CQB gun.
Old February 25th, 2014, 17:49   #36
Black Patch

My only Assault Rifle is the WE L85A2.
I have no issues with running a GBBR during MilSims.
I have no issues managing a GBBR if I am out for 36 hrs, sleeping in the field.
If you want realism then you clean your weapon as the time and situation permit.
As to carrying enough rounds,use your Day sack and organize "in the field" resupplies.

If you need a completely inert gas, not affected by temperature variation, use Co2

A comment, I think by Ricochet, was made for a harder kick....Funny this when I was in the military we were wishing for rifles with a lower recoil impulse.

I guess I am lucky so far as my rifle has not failed me in the field.

Bottom line for me is I would undoubtedly take a GBBR over an AEG into the field any day of the week (even Sunday and we are supposed to eat beer and drink cheese or whatever)
Old February 25th, 2014, 17:51   #37
Black Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post

Viton O-Rings.
Hi-Tech Seals and Gaskets in Edmonton.
Will ship anywhere in Canada and awesome to deal with.
Old February 25th, 2014, 17:56   #38
Danke

Gas and BBs don't weigh more than real ammo. How does a four hour firefight work in real life?

If your mil-sim is just a multi hour hose fest maybe it's not a mil-sim at all. Maybe it's a skirmish marathon.
Old February 25th, 2014, 18:09   #39
Heerven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Gas and BBs don't weigh more than real ammo. How does a four hour firefight work in real life?

If your mil-sim is just a multi hour hose fest maybe it's not a mil-sim at all. Maybe it's a skirmish marathon.
+1

And also GBBR are more realistic in term of time reload

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 18:20   #40
Ricochet

Quote:

No, but people don't die either, not do we have 100,000 soldiers to throw at something. It's not a hose fest at all. Trying to take the water treatment building at Operation: Cold Front was immense. By the time we eliminated the attacking players, another 20-30 were reinforcing, and the battle continued. Tons and tons and tons of kills. Probably ripped through half a bag or more of rounds in that fight alone, and that wasn't the only one like that, in that game alone. We carry our food, water, ammo, etc, but how many capsules would a guy have to carry to shoot 2000, 3000, 5000 rounds? At 80 shots per capsule, as advertised by Tippman, that'd be 25 for just 2000 rounds.

Beyond that, players want kick strictly for realism. If you don't want kick then AEG, specifically Systema, is the way to go. Unbeatable external realism, and unbeatable performance. I don't care that people want to use them, and I want them to become better. But until they are, kick is all they have over anything else. The gas, as it currently stands, isn't an advantage on the field. I guess it comes down to what your prefer, reliability and performance, or gas kick. But if I was trying to make a competitive team, I'd want the most out of our equipment, not just look and feel.
Old February 25th, 2014, 18:48   #41
Danke

So more film-sim then.
Old February 25th, 2014, 19:12   #42
Ricochet

Well, I guess I have a balance point between the use of military gear, equipment, tactics, and competitive sport. I think the realism is an important dynamic, but I don't go out there to pretend to be a soldier. I'm playing a competitive game, and use military stuff to enhance the tactical edge. To be fair, some military tactics don't cross over well, and have to be adapted for use. Would you go out if your way to pull off a tactical maneuver when your opponents will take advantage of it to win? I can't see anyone consciously doing that just for realism. So GBBR fun factor aside, isn't a more accurate platform more realistic than a little kick?
Old February 25th, 2014, 19:23   #43
Danke

Not sure what you mean by "more accurate". You can build a gas gun to run fine and hit what you aim at.

If your whole group or "team" runs the same rifle you can swap mags.

You can even use them against high cap hosers on skirmish days. Just pick your shots.
Old February 25th, 2014, 20:00   #44
Ricochet

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "more accurate". You can build a gas gun to run fine and hit what you aim at.

If your whole group or "team" runs the same rifle you can swap mags.

You can even use them against high cap hosers on skirmish days. Just pick your shots.
Of course. The purpose of my comment was that I'd pick overall performance over the little bit if realism a GBBR offers over non blowback airsoft platforms.
I pick gear, equipment, and tactics for competition, not for realism. Realism is just a bonus of playing a combat based game. To me, the GBBR kick is "neat", but not a deciding factor. That being said, if there were two rifles of exact performance, I'd take the one with the kick over not. But as long as one has further accuracy, and is more versatile and dependable in different weather conditions, and the fact I need only a battery instead of tons if gas for the same job, then that is more important by far. To me at least, I'm not out there to act or reinact.
Old February 25th, 2014, 20:29   #45
Danke

I'm the opposite. I've experienced too much hassle from electric guns. Gas guns are simple to run, and simple to fix with no voodoo; just a big hammer to knock them down.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion