Open chamber WE M4/Scar/PDW/G39/l85

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 2nd, 2013, 22:24   #286
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
So are people still having issues with m4 and 416 open chamber guns breaking the nozzle on the mags and is there a proper fix for that (like the filed mag i seen pics of earlier in the thread?)
Not that I can tell. I broke a nozzle testing my M4 the night before the game, then changed it and broke it at the chrony the next day. It seems that the mag may sit a little too high in the mag well. If I had a spare lower receiver I would file down the place where the mag sits in the well.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 22:37   #287
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
Not that I can tell. I broke a nozzle testing my M4 the night before the game, then changed it and broke it at the chrony the next day. It seems that the mag may sit a little too high in the mag well. If I had a spare lower receiver I would file down the place where the mag sits in the well.
If the mag is sitting to high why not either mod the hole in the mag where it catches or the mag catch itself to make the mag rest lowwer a lil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 22:44   #288
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

I attempted that actually with Broken Birds 416. He sold it, not sure if that fixed the issue or not. Also a related issue might be that the back of the feed lip lits too high. Not the actual feed lip but the back plastic. Some of them are too long and as a result stick up a little. they can be filed a little to fix the issue.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 21:23   #289
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
If the mag is sitting to high why not either mod the hole in the mag where it catches or the mag catch itself to make the mag rest lowwer a lil?
It's a delicate game... my stock magazine catch seated the magazine too low resulting in poor gas efficiency and a bolt that wouldn't always lock back. Dropped in a DPMS Real Steel Magazine catch, the magazines sat much higher, creating that better seal Turok was talking about, and I haven't had a failure to lock back on this new catch.

It was a PITA to load for the first day or two, but it eventually broke in and things have been good since. If you do mod the magazine to sit lower, mod the catch, not the hole... A catch costs $3.50, a receiver at least $100.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:06   #290
pinksoda

Ok, so I bought the ra tech complete steel bcg with aluminum nozzle. What's the best solution to increase gas output? Or if there is something causing the low pressure gas release. Since i'm having trouble with gas efficiency due to a heavier BCG. My solution was either buy the high output valve or go CO2? Pros and cons on each. Any solution will help.

Thanks

Last edited by pinksoda; May 21st, 2013 at 16:54..
pinksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:24   #291
Heerven

Hi
I own a G 39 WE RAS version. I upgraded with Ra tech Hop up and precision barrel.
I still have a very bad grouping in full auto. In semi eveything works fine.
In full auto when the hop up start to work on the BB trajectory approximately 60-80feet, I can see it doesnt act constantly. Some BB get different effect from the rubber.
How I can increase precision in full auto?

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:32   #292
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
Hi
I own a G 39 WE RAS version. I upgraded with Ra tech Hop up and precision barrel.
In full auto when the hop up start to work on the BB trajectory approximately 60-80feet, I can see it doesnt act constantly. Some BB get different effect from the rubber.
There could be a few reasons for poor full auto consistency. Check your floating valve and floating spring for damage. If using an NPAS, trying switching back to the stock floating valve. If you have a spare floating valve spring, try stretching it a slight bit. This is because a weak or damaged floating valve spring, can possibly cause the floating valve to not reset fully, before the next cycle of the bolt. Also the NPAS I find, can sometimes also produce the same problem, due to the weight of it.

Also, try checking that your full auto sear is installed correctly, and not damaged.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide

Last edited by LocoYokoPoco; June 4th, 2013 at 07:35..
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:46   #293
Aper
E-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
Hi
Do you have the original hop-up rubber ?

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 18:12   #294
Heerven

Thanks Loco. I will check that. The gun seems to cycle good (on sound of it)
I used to have this problem before because I put to much hop up. it was double feeding very often and was very inconsistent in full. I remove the pressure on the rubber just a bit and it was better, but still not enough performance for game.
Yes Aper I still have it, but I didn't see changes with it and the new one...
thanks for advices...

Also... Is there a place I can buy a G39 BB loader? I lost the small plastic part

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:18   #295
turok_t

Just as a follow-up. I finally had time to try out the RATech steel bolt catch for M4/M16...

There is only one spot that needs to be modified like the stock bolt catch. Not sure what RATech was thinking, but the bolt catch can barely pivot upwards to catch the bolt if the mod was not completed. The rectangular piece (pic below) simply need to be grinded down so the bolt catch can rotate upwards:

Here is all of them all modded:

Enjoy, hope this helps!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 20:05   #296
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Where can I grab one of these? I'm wearing down my catches unreasonably quickly.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 23:43   #297
Danke

There were just a bunch here, http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2530 but all gone now.

He'll get more.
Old June 8th, 2013, 23:48   #298
KoolAidMan

I keep having nozzles on my 416 break at the 1k-1.5k bb mark basically every 30-40
Ish mags oring was lubed up did not have this problem with my pdw reached 15 k no breaks any solutions that do not involve the aluminum nozzle I want to keep the snappy kick that the lighter weight provides and cooldown from using plastic instead of a metal part + the initial 120$ cost is off putting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 00:18   #299
Towe1ey

Yeah man. I hear you on the aluminum nozzle. Honestly, for the price, get 5 stock nozzles. I understand the built in NPAS on them is also quite shit. What specifically on your nozzles are breaking? Is it the loading tab?
Towe1ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:12   #300
KoolAidMan

Yup the loading tab the loading tab on every other model is beefier the performs excellently minis this.one flaw that seems to happen when.I have really good shots on a target -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications