Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Choose my portable radio help?

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 4th, 2012, 21:38   #1
Mezer

Choose my portable radio help?

Hi guys,
common question which Portable Radio I need.
Icom kenwood motorola ? (I need vhf no? )
I'm a basic airsoft player need to communicate with other player on the field. i'm gone need to plug a communication device what kind ? military replica compact? or more real deal but cheaper solution than a 1000$ headset ? for sure I want it programmable i'm gone take the help I need at the moment don't worry. (yes i'm noob with radio :innocent: )

budget : sure I want something that good and can take the weather but 500$ for a radio maybe not.
my budget for it 100 to 200$ can be great little more can be ok.

So help?
Mezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 22:09   #2
JonsM4

http://www.technologydirectcanada.com/
Seller is a retailer on this site as well.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:22   #3
hadur
formerly Crunchy

You want UHF, not VHF .
I've heard good things about the puxing px888.
And there's a decent selection of kenwood compatible ptt cables as well as replica headsets to go along with them(some are apparently hit or miss). I'd say you should be able to get a working set up for close to 200$ depending on what kind of headset you choose.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
hadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:38   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Get a Wouxun. Best bang for your buck, around the $120 mark I think. Contact Capital Airsoft for details. Great guys to deal with.

www.AlbertaAirsoft.com

Basic radio package comes with:
-battery
-clip
-radio
-charger

The radios are easy to learn, and have many great functions. Capital can also get you high gain antennas, spare batteries, pouches, etc. We've bought near twenty of these radios now, and we swear by them.
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:42   #5
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Puxing or Wouxon, Techseller I.E. Frank is amazing.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 13:12   #6
Grudge
multitech

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FDC-CB-FD-460...item1e621953bf

from Solidradio an Ebay Store out of HK that does free shipping

These are Motorola 2 pin when looking a PTT and headsets.
Old April 5th, 2012, 13:27   #7
Aedan798

Send a message via Skype™ to Aedan798
I run a chinesse radio 5W from http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dual-fr...-vhf-uhf-41618 and it is awesome It is run by kenwood 2 pin and there is lot's of headset that can go with as long as the plug is a kenwood 2 pin plug.

My whole setup cost me 230$ and I got a radio, professional troat mic, ptt module, and the radio to ptt cable, it is a modular, but the troat mic is the cheapest on that optherwise you are looking for a 200$ commander headset (it is a real deal for that and it had never ever let me down on comms with that.

www.electromike.com for that headset. you WILL need to contact them and speak to them to buy one as they are on order only.

Last edited by Aedan798; April 5th, 2012 at 13:30..
Aedan798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 14:29   #8
Mezer

Thanx for all the answers !

that's give me a good idea of what I need
Mezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 17:38   #9
Grizzly0679

I found one of these (plus the charger) http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...hp?product=401 at my country house yesterday. Gonna try to make use of it. It's not fancy or anything but considering my brother is giving it to me I can't complain.

My question is this: I notice the radios posted here have tons of channels available(upwards of 90+). Mine only has 22. Is that going to be an issue?

edit:

nevermind I found the answer to my question. So really 100+ channels just gives the option for...122 difference voice channels. Sometimes subtle answers are so obvious they're overlooked. That being the case I don't see 22 being a problem unless there are more than 22 teams on voice.

Now to check the other details to make sure it's ok...
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator

Last edited by Grizzly0679; April 5th, 2012 at 17:43..
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 17:49   #10
Aedan798

Send a message via Skype™ to Aedan798
The actual thing you are seeing is a lot different then what you think it is.

the ''Channel'' are a lot different with the radio you have with the channel been determined for FRS and GMRS ONLY.

The radio we do suggest are programable, a lot more powerfull for some, and have those ''channel'' because they can store frequency you cannot have with your radio.

You do have a good radio. You don't need another than the one you have with FRS and GMRS frequency because everybody are usiing those freq anyway. We just have to program them into our radio instead of you who just take the channel.
Old April 5th, 2012, 17:56   #11
Grizzly0679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan798 View Post
The actual thing you are seeing is a lot different then what you think it is.

the ''Channel'' are a lot different with the radio you have with the channel been determined for FRS and GMRS ONLY.

The radio we do suggest are programable, a lot more powerfull for some, and have those ''channel'' because they can store frequency you cannot have with your radio.

You do have a good radio. You don't need another than the one you have with FRS and GMRS frequency because everybody are usiing those freq anyway. We just have to program them into our radio instead of you who just take the channel.
I really appreciate the advice and explanation. No doubt I'd like to invest in a proper radio, especially one that helps me immerse myself into the game(read: looks cool lol). But it's not a cheap sport(meh, was the same thing for snowboarding give or take) to get into, so I'm just looking to cut corners in order to get playing soon. The only thing I didn't skimp on was my rifle, but other things like misc gear are forcing me to be a little thrifty. When it's time to upgrade I won't forget your post.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Old April 5th, 2012, 17:58   #12
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
I found one of these (plus the charger) http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...hp?product=401 at my country house yesterday. Gonna try to make use of it. It's not fancy or anything but considering my brother is giving it to me I can't complain.

My question is this: I notice the radios posted here have tons of channels available(upwards of 90+). Mine only has 22. Is that going to be an issue?

edit:

nevermind I found the answer to my question. So really 100+ channels just gives the option for...122 difference voice channels. Sometimes subtle answers are so obvious they're overlooked. That being the case I don't see 22 being a problem unless there are more than 22 teams on voice.

Now to check the other details to make sure it's ok...
I have those Motorola. Used them for years camping, hiking, airsofting, on a cruise ship in Mexico, etc...

They will work fine until you want to invest in something different.

As per channels, think of it as you have 22. The subtones are for the most part useless as other people can still hear you or you hear them. Even though I can key up the sub tones on my Wouxun or Puxing, I refuse to use them in a game.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 18:02   #13
Grizzly0679

Thanks again. My brother used them to keep in touch with his wife and kid so I assume they're decent.

"Daddy to Mommy, over!"
"This is Mommy, go ahead, over."
"Where are you?"
"Out cheating on you, over"
"Roger that..."
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank