Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Armist BB's

:

Reviews

Old March 18th, 2010, 17:47   #1
immortalundead

Armist BB's

Since there isnt one up yet, I thought I would review the Armist bb's available at Surplus IG in montreal. (www.surplusig.com)

First thing I did was use them at a game. I went to an action commando game, and got there about half way through the night. The gun Im running is a pretty much bone stock classic army m15a4 except for external upgrades, which has no effect on this. My gun was shooting around 290fps till it died mid game. I was using the Armist .25g's and I noticed they fed very well with my star realcap mags. The accuracy was very nice too, they shot very straight and easily hit the targets without much drop. It then became a zombie game so accuracy didnt matter at that point. The next round about 5 shots in my gun died (wiring problems) but I was very satisfied with the way they performed.

Next I did some indoor testing with a SRC G36k to test the bb's accuracy.

I wanted to test the tolerances so first thing was to pull out the micrometer and scale and test them out. The weights for the BB's were dead on for each. The sizes were perfect also, just under 6mm so there good for tightbore barrels.

.20g

.25g

.28g

I then tested the accuracy. I set up a target at 40 feet and recorded some video, I was very impressed with the accuracy, the only problem I had was the sights were off on the g36k and I was unable to adjust them. I will be doing another test again when I get my gun up and running or have a gun with better sights then the g36k.

YouTube- 40 feet Armist BB test 1

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...view/pix1b.png

YouTube- 40 feet Armist BB test 2

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...view/pic2b.png

Last thing I did was split some bb's open to see how they are. There is no air bubble inside the bbs, they are solid all the way through.

Pros:
Accuracy - BB's were dead on, but I need to test again with better sights.
Price - Great, very cheap, and they have a special going on, check it out at www.surplusig.com
Feeding - Great, I popped in a 11.1v lipo and let it rip and I have no miss-feeding

Cons:
None that I have found yet, I will do some more hands on testing when I get a hold of different weapons to test out.
immortalundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 23:38   #2
Salinas1983

Good work, I was wondering about these.
Can you do a crush test to see if they deform or shatter ?
Salinas1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 00:06   #3
KNIVEZS

i had the chance to try out the armist .28 bb's on our last game . i had tons of misfeed on the first bag . i found out that the bb's are not loaded properly inside my mag causing the jams.(its my bb loader that had the problem) overall these are good BB's
i've shot around 8-10,000 rnds on my gun and they feed flawlessly. 9.5/10
would i recommend using these BB's? YES but to be honest it still wouldn't replace the BB BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:08   #4
Slono
Slow mo.

I shot about 150 rounds through my GBB about a month ago (when it was still working), and I can't say I see any difference between them and BBBastards... just being honest.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:37   #5
KND
* AV revoked *

Due to some reason, there was no walk in store carry BBs Bastard anymore so I got a few bag of those out at the game, dump in my SAW and it's miss feed as hell. First, I though that is my SAW. I got back home and start to check out problem, spend the rest of weekend to sort it out but meh ! look like nothing wrong with it so I decide to open my .28 Black BBs Bastard to test out ( I only use .25 on SAW though ) damn problem solved, there is no miss feed, not even a single. I should have test other BBs long time ago.

I also test with STAR SCAR-H as well, there is no miss feed on SEMI but it won't work in full auto, it's miss feed like 3 or 5 rounds then it's jammed.

Edit : It can't replace BBs Bastard. They should have carry BBs Bastard than putting effort to produce other BBs.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:19   #6
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
so I decide to open my .28 Black BBs Bastard to test out ( I only use .25 on SAW though ) damn problem solved, there is no miss feed, not even a single. I should have test other BBs long time ago.

Edit : It can't replace BBs Bastard. They should have carry BBs Bastard than putting effort to produce other BBs.
check you label. .25 black Bastards.

they more than likely re-branded their BB's instead of producing their own.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 13:43   #7
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I can attest to the quality of these as well.

Yes I sell them, but I've examined them closely and used them myself.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 16:22   #8
Con Murder

I tried the .25 in my notoriously sticky MAG brand Sig mid-caps at our dusty field. Truth is most days I have to load up at home and hope I can do at least one re-load before the dust jams it all up. The armist bbs were used in first load up but alas they could not feed under them dry dusty conditions for the reload. Would I buy them? Yes. Would I grab something else? Yes. But that is why I put in an explanation, they do the job for most but not me and the specifics I need.

PS also available at capitalairsoft.ca
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 16:36   #9
Donster

how do they have bbs with no air bubbles? i thought at the lower weights, they HAVE to have air bubbles in them just by the production process.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 17:02   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
That would point to them being made with a different material. Or a different mix.

Really good for the consistency/accuracy that way though.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 17:30   #11
Drake
E-01

You'd really need a more accurate scale to measure consistency.

Considering BB weights vary in 0.01g ranges, it's unlikely you'd get >0.005g mean deviation (would actually be huge).
Old March 24th, 2010, 18:58   #12
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Does anyone actually know if they produce their own or rebrand another brand? If so which brand are they rebranding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 19:07   #13
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
That would point to them being made with a different material. Or a different mix.

Really good for the consistency/accuracy that way though.

not if they are not uniform in their density. an off center air bubble can screw up the flight of a bb, but an unequal density (i.e.: unequal distribution of material throughout the bb) will have the same effect. im curious to see the density of these products.

As for the different material, do we know what specifically that material is? Is it toxic? Does it break down? etc

Last edited by Donster; March 24th, 2010 at 19:11..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 20:34   #14
immortalundead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinas1983 View Post
Good work, I was wondering about these.
Can you do a crush test to see if they deform or shatter ?
When I did a crush test, they deformed and did not shatter, I can get some pics up later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Does anyone actually know if they produce their own or rebrand another brand? If so which brand are they rebranding?
I was told they were produced to there own specifications, I do not know who makes them.

If anyone wants to do some further testing, I can get a couple bags of samples sent out to them.
immortalundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 20:56   #15
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalundead View Post
If anyone wants to do some further testing, I can get a couple bags of samples sent out to them.
I'll take a bag.

BB Bastard
7 McCurdy Drive
Tottenham, Ontario
L0G 1W0

Thanks a bunch.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews