Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TSD/WELL VSR-10 Review(MB03)

:

Reviews

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:06   #61
rexdlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
you don't lose range using heavier BBs lol. You actually increase in range because it retains more energy over distance, try setting your hop up a little higher.
You're probably right, I'm still trying to learn more about my guns.

But it makes so much sense that I would lose range. heavier projectile, same propulsion= less velocity no?

Last edited by rexdlu; June 11th, 2008 at 12:08..
rexdlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 13:12   #62
Savior6

Great review! i think i've just been convinced into buying this, although my heart was set on the L96. Damn buyairsoft selling their last one yesterday!!!!
Savior6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 13:36   #63
Langohr_9mm

Send a message via MSN to Langohr_9mm
Loved the review so much that I bought one.. hah.
Thanks a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Put a sign up "Trespassers will be RAPED!!!" and then occasionally run up to people while carrying a large dildo.
Langohr_9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:35   #64
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdlu View Post

But it makes so much sense that I would lose range. heavier projectile, same propulsion= less velocity no?
Heavier BB means the BB will hold it's energy longer, and hence be more accurate at longer ranges = more effective range.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:36   #65
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdlu View Post

Heavier BB means the BB will hold it's energy longer, and hence be more accurate at longer ranges = more effective range. FPS != Accuracy, FPS != Range.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:45   #66
Skladfin

heavier BBs loses less propulsion or "power" over distance because it has more mass to retain it. So for example, a 0.12g BB would lose its propulsion after 100feet, and promptly falls down, but 0.30g BB will continue to have its propulsion even at 150feet. thus providing you with more range
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 16:45   #67
rexdlu

Got it. Thanks guys.
rexdlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 23:11   #68
Lizander
Banned

I'm really not sure which one

ok, after read your review I am completely torn. I can't decide which gun to buy!!!! the VSR-10 Marui Clone WELL (MB03) or the Lg96. They both have good power. I don't want to spend 320$ on a gun that may and may not be worth it. I don't really want to do a whole lot of mantenance on either guns. Fixing the hop up is fine, but I don't want to do a whole lot of other things. I guess my question is the ever-hated noob question: which is better?? I like how fast the Lg shoots, and they both shoot accuratly, but the price is dragging me down (along with the almost 10 lb wieght). I just bought a 200$ gun (not alot in your eyes, but for me its a fair amount.) can you guys help me decide without destroying me (and my confidence?? :wink: )??? thanks.
(and any advice on not sounding like a noob when I ask a question would be greatly appreciated.)
Lizander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 23:15   #69
Skladfin

I have experience with the WELL L96,

L96 is just about the same gun as the VSR-10, they are same brand and all, with the same amount of grease inside the gun. So even if you get the L96, you'd still have to clean it anyway, VSR-10 is much more lighter and fieldable than L96 as well. And of course, it's $100 more
Old June 13th, 2008, 23:36   #70
Lizander
Banned

really, the VSR-10 is 100$ more? On buyairsoft.ca the lg96 is 100$ more than the VSR-10 ..........
so you are recomending I buy the Vsr-10?? it is a decent gun, good for a person new to sniping?? (it shoots over 100 feet accuratly with .28 bb's, right??)

Last edited by Lizander; June 13th, 2008 at 23:43..
Old June 13th, 2008, 23:44   #71
Skladfin

Ya, I said L96 is $100 more, I guess I didnt word it correctly =\

ya its accurate enough
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:02   #72
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizander View Post
really, the VSR-10 is 100$ more? On buyairsoft.ca the lg96 is 100$ more than the VSR-10 ..........
so you are recomending I buy the Vsr-10?? it is a decent gun, good for a person new to sniping?? (it shoots over 100 feet accuratly with .28 bb's, right??)
Almost any airsoft gun will shoot over 100' "accuracty" with .28's. If it's your first airsoft gun, get an AEG instead.

The ACM sniper rifles aren't bad, but they're not nail drivers. They'll need some TLC to make them into really, really nice sniping platforms -as will any airsoft BAR.

Quote:
Old June 14th, 2008, 12:04   #73
Lizander
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Almost any airsoft gun will shoot over 100' "accuracty" with .28's. If it's your first airsoft gun, get an AEG instead.

The ACM sniper rifles aren't bad, but they're not nail drivers. They'll need some TLC to make them into really, really nice sniping platforms -as will any airsoft BAR.
Whats TLC?? just some cleaning up of the gun??

I already have an AEG, a shotgun and soon a pistol. I'm looking for a decent sniper without the huge price tag of some of the brand names. I just want to try sniping, and see how I like it. I have no idea how to tell if a sniper is good, but its seems the average range people use is 100ft. Am I right?? So if the Vsr-10 shoots 100ft and can hit a man sized target fairly consistantly then I would probably buy it. Also, if I wanted to increase the FPS and then the range I could do the teflon tape mod and remove some of the air brake. (anyone know where I can find the instructions for either one??) I know I can buy extra/r eplacement parts for it so if the piston brakes because I removed the airbrake, I'll be happy.
Old June 14th, 2008, 12:56   #74
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizander View Post
Whats TLC?? just some cleaning up of the gun??

I already have an AEG, a shotgun and soon a pistol. I'm looking for a decent sniper without the huge price tag of some of the brand names. I just want to try sniping, and see how I like it. I have no idea how to tell if a sniper is good, but its seems the average range people use is 100ft. Am I right?? So if the Vsr-10 shoots 100ft and can hit a man sized target fairly consistantly then I would probably buy it. Also, if I wanted to increase the FPS and then the range I could do the teflon tape mod and remove some of the air brake. (anyone know where I can find the instructions for either one??) I know I can buy extra/r eplacement parts for it so if the piston brakes because I removed the airbrake, I'll be happy.
TLC = Tender Love & Care . Any airsoft sniper rifle will need some work to make it really effective.

Generally, any airsoft gun shooting over 300 FPS should be able to hit a man sized target at 100' shooting .25's. With a gun shooting 300-350 and .25 or .28 ammo, you can probably hit a man-sized target at 150'. I can't remember exactly where the thread is, but CDN_Stalker did a really good post on BB weight vs. FPS and accuracy. BB weight and good hop-up adjustment are going to do more for your range/accuracy than FPS will. Also, a tightbore barrel will decrease your groupings at range.

Quote:
Old June 23rd, 2008, 13:45   #75
rad13

the bolt on my vsr-10 won't lock into place when i pul it back i don't know if i broke something of if it can be fixed any sugestions
rad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews