Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GHK AKM GBBR Review

:

Reviews

Old August 12th, 2013, 20:20   #76
pum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
With the PROWIN nozzle the rifle cycles smooth as butter, stock with no magazine in the stock nozzle would stick sometimes that is what is causing your misfeeds.

Hi Kokanee,

I am just wondering are you refering to smooth cycle with the PROWIN mag or the GHK mag? I am thinking to get that aluminum nozzle instead of keep buying GHK plastic nozzle.
pum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 22:23   #77
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I was referring to the rifle with no magazine in at all.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 20:06   #78
pum

I have encountered another problem with the GHK, now its the GHK 74. The Bolt carrier adapter snapped into 2 on the brand new gun after just 1 1/2 mags in!
Wondering if any of you also encountered this problem?
Did I screw the bolt carrier and bolt too tight?

The guns is giving me a lot of headache, I was expecting less problem considering how expensive they are
Old August 20th, 2013, 20:40   #79
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pum View Post
I have encountered another problem with the GHK, now its the GHK 74. The Bolt carrier adapter snapped into 2 on the brand new gun after just 1 1/2 mags in!
Wondering if any of you also encountered this problem?
Did I screw the bolt carrier and bolt too tight?

The guns is giving me a lot of headache, I was expecting less problem considering how expensive they are
I'd say that's a freak accident. There's little reason for that part to snap while firing. There's really no stress on it during operation. My guess is it may have been too tight.
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:50   #80
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I would write samoon to get a replacement
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:54   #81
pum

Thanks for the replies fellas

I did write Samoon, and the customer service is as nice as always.
They are sending me the replacement adapter, along with a spare nozzle that broke from before.

When I asked them about what caused the problem, I got this as reply
"Due to adapter is fixed with original bolt carrier, which is tight and won't easy to break.
Therefore we guess you change the kit, and the adapter loosen under hard shooting; thus cause the adapter broke.
The purpose of glue is to avoid the part loose again."

I guess I shouldnt lock the adapter and the bolt crazy tight, just tight enough and lock them in place with glue?
Old August 22nd, 2013, 22:48   #82
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

You want to get some RED loctite. Then place a small amount in the threads of the adapter and the gas piston. Screw the adapter into the bolt carrier and make it HAND tight. Then screw the past piston into the adapter, also making it hand tight.

The loctite will do the rest. In this case I agree with Samoon, the parts most likely became loose when firing and that means overall they got longer, which means they were no longer within operating tolerances and the parts snapped due to stress they were not designed for. Even an expansion of 2-3mm due to parts loosening on their threads could have caused this.

Why GHK does not loctite these parts from the factory is beyond me, it's one of the first things every new GHK owner should do.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:51   #83
pum

Thanks, Kokanee.

I did lock it extremely tight with pliers and cloth. Thats definetely my mistake there. I ended up using the LePage gel super glue them together on the spare adapter that I have.http://www.lepageproducts.com/UltraGelSuperGlue.aspx
Hopefully that will do the trick since I couldnt find Loctite in the nearby hardware store.

Agreed with you, I dont think they should even make the gas piston into 2 pieces.
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:40   #84
diwasas

Hi, I tried to fix my broken nozzle legs as some member suggested in other forum and here is my results Gun seems to be operating fine, hope that it will not broke until the end of this season

diwasas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 16:02   #85
pum

diwasas:What do you use on that? I tried using the 5 minutes epoxy and it still broke when firing less than 1 magazine. Also, I noticed the nozzle got stuck a lot when I cocked the bolt back with empty magazine. I am not sure whether this contributes to break the nozzle faster. I almost never do any dry firing anymore now.
Old September 6th, 2013, 03:48   #86
diwasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pum View Post
diwasas:What do you use on that? I tried using the 5 minutes epoxy and it still broke when firing less than 1 magazine. Also, I noticed the nozzle got stuck a lot when I cocked the bolt back with empty magazine. I am not sure whether this contributes to break the nozzle faster. I almost never do any dry firing anymore now.
It is cold weld material. It is like plasticine, knead it in hand till it start to heat and then you can place it on surface, after few hours it can be drilled, grinded, etc... It is like JB Wel just in other material.
Are you trying to glue broken plastic legs, or you have made metal ones? If you are trying to glue broken plactic legs, it will not hold at all and it will broke again after first magazine.

Does anyone has adjustable nozzle for GHK AKM from FG AIRSOFT? I have few questions about it.
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:36   #87
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Any attempts to JB weld or otherwise cold weld your bolt carrier back together are doomed to failure. The part is cheap enough from Samoon better to just order a new one.
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:07   #88
diwasas

everytime pay $20 to shoot 1 or 2 mags... Sorry but no "Home made" metal legs working just fine. As samoon stated, new bolts can be used without legs, it should work fine.
Old September 12th, 2013, 18:01   #89
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwasas View Post

Does anyone has adjustable nozzle for GHK AKM from FG AIRSOFT? I have few questions about it.
I have it. I haven't installed it yet. Looks like a modified stock nozzle they simply put a screw into. I haven't had time to take a close look yet.
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:08   #90
diwasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
I have it. I haven't installed it yet. Looks like a modified stock nozzle they simply put a screw into. I haven't had time to take a close look yet.
I was thinking about buying metal prowin nozzle and try to make it adjustable with same method as this plastic one.

Is possible to unscrew completely that screw from nozzle? Would be great to get a picture of that screw

If only this screw is one thing that adjusts the power, should be easy to make same thing on metal nozzle.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews