Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Phantom CIRAS (Maritime Version) - For all you peeps that were wondering

:

Reviews

Old April 2nd, 2006, 21:54   #46
Dirty Deeds

Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Did you adjust the shoulder straps and waist straps? If not, look at the back panel at the bottom, under it you will find the strap adjustments.

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Dirty Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 23:12   #47
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Did you adjust the shoulder straps and waist straps? If not, look at the back panel at the bottom, under it you will find the strap adjustments.
I had to do the same, it fits perfectly. Holy freakin' velcro tho...for the price you pay, it's really not all that bad at all.
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 23:40   #48
Anduril

Send a message via MSN to Anduril
holy freaking velcro is right!!!! its like 90% covered with velcro haha I cant imagine doing a night game and having to take that thing off, everything miles away will be able to hear you :P
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 23:41   #49
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
I picked one up today, its bloody sweet. No complaints here, but now i'll have to get a radio good enough to deserve such a big, and leet pouch.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:49   #50
Deftonius
Troll

Send a message via ICQ to Deftonius Send a message via AIM to Deftonius Send a message via MSN to Deftonius
Awesome! Thanks guys.

And thanks Deeds for the PM.
Deftonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 07:52   #51
Dirty Deeds

Getting the thing adjusted right, took me forever, you'll find that you will be tweeking the adjustments for awhile, but hey, that's half the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius
Awesome! Thanks guys.

And thanks Deeds for the PM.
Anytime.

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Old April 3rd, 2006, 13:21   #52
walks

I used mine on the weekend and it is great. I have a medium and am 6,1 and around 180lbs but mine is set really tight
Old April 11th, 2006, 18:15   #53
Bronco

I will be a great thing to sum all the features discovered in this review by you all guys, in a small text, I mean for example what are the best shops for this vest? (I have some good links) what are the suggestion for choosing our size?...
and so on...contact me if you want.
I will soon buy one of these vest but I'm still pending between which shop I will order the stuff...

Bye bye

Bronco
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 18:31   #54
DonP

To add to the sizing talk, I'm just over 6' and ~175lbs. I wear 36" pants. I have a desk job and my middle is soft, but flat when standing. I got the medium and after adjusting to my size, there is PLENTY of room left to make it bigger.

Question: I have the maritime version, which has the flaps on the sides. As I see it, these flaps need to be pulled up to free the velcro which allows one to put on/take off the vest. How do you guys attach your utility pouches? The wide pouch is too wide to fit entirely on the flap; same thing is true for the narrow pouch & radio pouch together.

Put another way: The flaps are each 4 segments wide. The utility pouch is 6 segments wide. The small util pouch + radio pouch is 5 segments together.

How do I attach these so that the pouches do not "cross" over the flap? (So I can still pull up the flap to put on/take off the CIRAS?) Maybe I'm just missing something.
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 23:26   #55
Dirty Deeds

Open and close it on the side that you put the medical pouch on. You only really need to open and close on one side.

Old April 15th, 2006, 00:10   #56
DonP

I guess that's true. After a quick tryout, the internal cummerbund's a pain to manage with only one side open, and the radio pouch+medical still of course won't fit together on the same panel, but it's better than any alternative I can come up with. Thanks.
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 06:39   #57
Spitfire

the ciras vest... are the one size fits all?
i havent seen any different sizes in redwolfairsoft...
can you help me?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 07:59   #58
Dirty Deeds

Are you refering to the Phantom CIRAS? If so.

They come in small and medium only, as far as I know. However, the medium will fit guys that wear XL BDU shirts, not quite sure how small the medium will go though, and I'm not hitting the stairmaster hard enough to find out either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP
I guess that's true. After a quick tryout, the internal cummerbund's a pain to manage with only one side open, and the radio pouch+medical still of course won't fit together on the same panel, but it's better than any alternative I can come up with. Thanks.
I removed the cummberbund, and it still doesn't move, that could be an option for you as well.

Old April 26th, 2006, 13:01   #59
sherman

Send a message via ICQ to sherman Send a message via MSN to sherman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ert
Has anyone put those replica plates into one of these yet? I'm curious to see if they'd fit and what size of plate would fit what size of CIRAS...
Yup, I put my plastic armour plates in them. They fit and are less of a bitch to get in. Since the original foam ones require a bit of jimmying.

One thing though, How does the cable release system work? I watched how it was strung through, yanked on the cable release and nothing happens, it just gets jammed. Took it all apart to see how it was wired through, then put it all together, and still nothing happens.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 13:19   #60
firemachine69

I hope you guys aren't actually thinking of gaming for a day in this thing during the summer...
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews