Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

paintball goggles that meet ANSI Z87.1

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 12th, 2011, 15:01   #1
bareass

paintball goggles that meet ANSI Z87.1

i'm looking for a new set of goggles. would like to meet the ballistic standard and paintball standards so i can buy buy just one set.

so which paintball goggles meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1?

thanks
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2011, 15:12   #2
Rugger_can

Quiet a few brands do, Butnot all brands submit to the testing. For example Empire Paintball (the company that purchased the JT's brand does not submit to ANSI testing.

You should probably be out trying on pairs and finding ones that are comfortable then checking if they have the required safety ratings. Head down to a local shop in your area.

Cheers
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2011, 15:16   #3
bareass

i'm just trying to conform to some game host that want/need ballistic goggles.
Old May 12th, 2011, 18:12   #4
Nocturnal
oO?

shit so i cant use my JT's spectra's at op Rhino? what the F!!! lol man now i gotta shell out more $$ for ballistic grade goggles/glasses =)

"SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM"
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2011, 18:12   #5
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
ANSI Z87.1+ rated eyewear is not rated for paintball or airsoft. It does not meet the requirements of multiple strikes. I don't know why you would need that.

This means a ton of paintball eye protection won't have ansi rating because ansi ratings mean nothing when it comes to paintball masks. This shows that the host is just slapping a label on something because they think it's safe.

Most eye wear used in airsoft has to meet the MIL-PRF-31013, clause 3.5.1.1 for glasses or MIL-DTL-43511D, clause 3.5.10 for goggles as these are the only ratings that use multiple strikes. Most ballistic eyewear (wiley-x, revision, ess, etc) surpasses theses military standards.
Old May 12th, 2011, 18:20   #6
Szevin

What about Oakley? I'm looking at the Jawbones, and thinking they look pretty sweet. The quick change lens are awesome. I know not a lot of places will let you rock glasses for games, But I already have my fully sealed goggles and want something for smaller games.
Szevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2011, 18:21   #7
bareass

ok.... so i'm looking for a ballistic rated goggle that would also be paintball rated.
Old May 12th, 2011, 21:57   #8
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
High end paintball masks are going to run you a mint. 80 USD is the cheapest I've seen.

Even then, you'll be hard pressed to find anything officially rated by government agencies. Most PB mask surpass ANSI requirements (be skeptical of cheap ones) because they need to stand up to multiple strikes.

Go with JT.
Old June 27th, 2011, 22:14   #9
christower2

Send a message via MSN to christower2
From what i was told best way to know if the goggles are safe is to buy 2 sets and to one do everything that can possibly happen to it. e.g take a gun shooting over 450 and blast it on full auto if it survives finish a couple mags on the glasses/goggles if that survives your usually good to go
christower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion