Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SIG 552 Info

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 17th, 2009, 14:49   #31
Con Murder

I put it all in and the range has increased alittle but my fps is noticably lower, has to be cronod again. The stock spring was attached to the metal piece of the piston/head so I had to cut the nub off. I really dont think that made this drop, but because the cut portion was a bit sharp I turned it around. Is it the backwards spring? Also I am still using the stock spring guide. I did all the lubing with white lithium, could this be a problem as it is a bit viscouse?

I am planning to get silocne, a m100 spring, a SIG 552 nozzle and a spring guide to rid me of this problem. Or is a simple solution available to me here?

Got the painting done and it looks nice, thinking of doing the mags... but they are highcaps and I like to know how full they are. Could tape off a stripe perhaps.

Last edited by Con Murder; June 17th, 2009 at 15:00..
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 15:32   #32
Rotting
Roko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
I put it all in and the range has increased alittle but my fps is noticably lower, has to be cronod again. The stock spring was attached to the metal piece of the piston/head so I had to cut the nub off. I really dont think that made this drop, but because the cut portion was a bit sharp I turned it around. Is it the backwards spring? Also I am still using the stock spring guide. I did all the lubing with white lithium, could this be a problem as it is a bit viscouse?

I am planning to get silocne, a m100 spring, a SIG 552 nozzle and a spring guide to rid me of this problem. Or is a simple solution available to me here?

Got the painting done and it looks nice, thinking of doing the mags... but they are highcaps and I like to know how full they are. Could tape off a stripe perhaps.
Should replace those parts (nozzle and spring guide) anyway if you have the disposable incoming available for it. The stock ones are a piece of junk, I could literally chew through them like jello. As far as the dilemma you're in, I have no experience with mechbox rebuilds yet. Hopefully someone else will be of some assistance, heh. I'd also say go for midcaps. If you're like the bulk of players, they hate hearing BBs rattling around in the cargo compartment of a highcap, heh.

Primary: Custom WE M16A3
Secondary: KWA MP9
Side: Custom WE M1911A1
Rotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 16:33   #33
Con Murder

Well I emailed airsoftparts.ca and it turns out that thecylinder head is v2 (an m4 kit remember) and the nozzle is missmatched. Goona grab those the spring guide and a spring. What can the stock motor pull? ROF is not a big deal at this point so I would like 380fps but could settle for less. Oh and 8.4v is what I'm using, any sujestions for a 9.6v? Like nunchuck or any specific configuration? The G&P twin battery looks like it might fir (airsoftparts.ca) but I dont know, any sugestions?
Old June 17th, 2009, 16:38   #34
Buzzrexx

Super Lube is a better grease to use; search the forums- there's a thread on where to find it.

Right on with the m100 spring and nozzle. Just make sure the mechbox is properly shimmed (take your time) ESPECIALLY before using a lipo. (BTW the stock piston will probably shatter with a lipo, so just wait to use a lipo until you've upgraded the piston and cylinder head.
Buzzrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:59   #35
Con Murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzrexx View Post
Super Lube is a better grease to use; search the forums- there's a thread on where to find it.

...just wait to use a lipo until you've upgraded the piston and cylinder head.
Ya I know, I went to home hardware and knew only the white lithium was safe... But still I read heptane or petrolium distilliates on everything. Speaking of Super Lube, it has heptane (if I saw it at home hardware like I think I did) and thats a petrolium derivative thus I left without. I'll read the thread again to see whats what.

Anyway Buzz I got that M4 cylinder set by modify and believe it will suffice, what spring is the max the motor can pull? I wouldn't mind a m110 but the m100 is the fps most my friends would like us to play at. But I like the way a high power and heavy bb combine.
I need a charger for lipo so I am thinking about just a 9.6v battery. This is uncomfortable cause I don't know what will fit for sure, where a lipo would be no problem. Thing is even though I plan to get the mosfet I really can't afford to upgrade all at once you know wallet deflates. What would be smart? I need a secondary battery for obviouse reasons and one that will be able to pull the spring I get. Will my 8.4v pull the m100?
Old August 6th, 2009, 13:18   #36
Con Murder

Got the gun fully painted and rocking, chose two mid-caps to aid me as the 43rds are expensive. Now that its slamming over 350 fps my friends have more to fear! The biggest increases to performance were when I put in the nozzle, tbb and ballbearing piston head. For some reason they did all the real improvements and the spring being upgraded only increased the speed of my shot, accuracy and range were done by the previously mentioned parts. Will post pics when my sisiter can take them.
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:46   #37
iggim109

hay I'm have queastion about the sig 552.
is it possible to put m4 Collapsible Stock by any chance???
I mean if U take a look at kings arm sig 556 they already has m4 Collapsible Stock, and so far I found 2 converter for m4 Collapsible Stock.
So is it possible???
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:16   #38
Con Murder

It seems the 556 is a bit more like an armalight in desighn. For the 552 you would have to have a product that clearly said it converted the collapsable stock into the m4 varient. With out it clearly identifiing that as its purpose the answere is no they are not compatable.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications