Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Custom Gun - Bofors Defence Weapon - With PGC

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 18th, 2008, 10:30   #76
Marriott

Mananged to get the grip attached. Still needds work but heres the updated progress. I think the front exces will be removed, then the back of the mini launcher ground down. After that i may used the excess front section to fit towards the rear. The gap behind the Launcher is essential as this will be a section where electronics and solenoids will be housed for teh electronic fire controls.

I've not worked out how i'm going to cope with the front yet, as even when its trimmed flush to the front some space will be needed for the launcher to tip up for loading.

The origional M203 grip had the semi-circle cut away (i think its where it clicks in to the origional launcher) which was ideal for placing around the mini launchers release pin. I'm tempted to make a new release pin that sits slightly lower down to make it easier to open, not that its difficult anyway.

PS- Current Weight is 4.8kg..... Without ammo, box mag, steel stock and bodywork, not upper rail system. no electronics, no electronics power supply and switches etc. Crap......

See what you think to progress! comments and ideas always welcome as with a propject this large its easy to miss things!

Last edited by Marriott; July 18th, 2008 at 10:45..
Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 13:48   #77
ColtFarmer

Send a message via MSN to ColtFarmer
looks like its really coming together man, keep us updated.
Old July 18th, 2008, 13:50   #78
skalnok

looks like its coming along pretty well
keep updating lol
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 23:22   #79
Nik12

Send a message via MSN to Nik12
Hawt damn. I gave up reading on page 3 and just looked for pictures. Too many big words going over my head. All in all, it's a sexy beast and it'll be one gorgeous mofo when it's done. I was considering undertaking some sort of super mod like this, but after readign this, I'm definately not ready for it. Good luck with that, I can't wait to see it when it is done.

Out of Sport. Have Fun!
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 08:43   #80
Marriott

Ok, i know these are crap but they took me 2 mins tops to make just to figure out im up the "brown avenue" as this section is not as simple as i origionally hoped for.

This could be a royal pain!

I have found Blank Weaver Mount Extrusions though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Any ideas?
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:52   #81
Luckless

What is the useful point of mounting rails like that, and also wouldn't that block your sighting lines to mount stuff over your sight like that?
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:24   #82
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
What is the useful point of mounting rails like that, and also wouldn't that block your sighting lines to mount stuff over your sight like that?
Well, It's more for the look compaired to the origional image i am following. The front section will be open for viewing through thw red dot/scope so it wont interfear with that. Also if accessories were needed. You actually have 4 Rail sections because they are on 2 tier heights. So if there was actually a use for accessories they could go on there.

But as mentioned its mainly just for the look based on the origional design. It's also not a massive lift up and line up your enemy being its more of a support gun.

Last edited by Marriott; July 21st, 2008 at 12:27..
Old July 21st, 2008, 13:55   #83
Amos

That looks like it could be easily done if you're able to find some steel rails and are able to weld.

3 angled cuts then just weld 'em back together, then attach it to a G36 optic carry handle.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:11   #84
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
That looks like it could be easily done if you're able to find some steel rails and are able to weld.

3 angled cuts then just weld 'em back together, then attach it to a G36 optic carry handle.
I wondered about thatactually, the problem is the main sources i have found for Weaver Rail Extrude tend to be the To6 aluminium... Welding aluminium is hard if i recal? I think needs a different setup to standard steel welding. I've done minimal welding before but i know people who can weld very well.

Little update.... I had an accident with my bank card. It decided to Order a MadBull XM108HP CO2 Grenade Then it was polite in letting me know it had done it

I thoguht about the XM204HP for the WOW factor for that many bb's but i figured i would try the Limited edition XM108HP to save on ammo and to gain increased power allocated to each bb over the 204 edition. I've found a youtube video with the XM204HP shooting 37 Meters!!!! with 0.25's so i'm guessing the 108 edition at the same pressure will have even greater range!

I plan on getting the XC03 Madbull CO2 refill station but that will have to wait a little while as combined these are not cheap lol. I wanted to order the grenade now because i know the 108 is a limited edition as far as i have found out. Should be here in the morning. but unfortunatly after last weekend i now have no ammo or gas ...I threw a cheapo speed loader on the order too.

Lots of drooling forcast for tomorrow when it arrives.....
Old July 22nd, 2008, 13:06   #85
Amos

You need to find a some one that has access to a TIG welder to weld aluminum
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:56   #86
Marriott

Update

Mad Bull XM108HP Arrived today!!! - Drool.....

Also here are some new renders for concept rail system, these had the actual gun photo based behind when rough modeling so they should be in proportion approx. The concept is to have the scope/optics slot in to the back to allow interchanges if needed. This means that the upper scope rails would not need to be relied upon and will also help on less complex construction with height tolerences.

Last edited by Marriott; July 23rd, 2008 at 12:59..
Old July 23rd, 2008, 13:05   #87
Muffin

Interesting man, I like it, creative.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 16:28   #88
Marriott

Sorry for the delay all.... I've had a fairly large contract come up so all my times been producing that hence the delay!

However i have a favour to ask...

I've had a set back. With all the connecting and disconecting of the motor one of the terminals has broken.. I've spent ages looking online but there are sooo many electrical connector types avaliable its impossible to find them with generic key words.

I know they are a crimp style. But does anyone know the name? I need to buy the crimp tool and some of the connectors i thnk but its the name i need so i can find the parts to buy!

Many thanks!
Old August 15th, 2008, 17:29   #89
ShelledPants

These?

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=284

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:19   #90
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Yea those are the ones. I need the name for them. I saw some a while ago Pre-Formed at 90 degrees. Most come straight so you have to bend them - which starts the weekening so i was going to try find a pack of them (have a feeling i may go through a fair few of these babies during testing!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications