Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What to change for Li-Po

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 30th, 2009, 15:00   #16
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I use hobbyking.com
HUGE selection of lipo batts
For a sig552 you'll be looking at a similar lipo to what I'm using
2S 1600mah 20C
(the 2S stands for 2 cell, so 7.4v)
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 15:07   #17
Amos

If you've got a trigger master, I would highly suggest using a Wolfdragon PCB they'll cut out when your lipo drops too low (and they plug directly into the Trigger Master) depending on the model you buy, you'll either stop shooting, see LED's flashing, or get defened by an 80DB buzzer right by your ear lol.

Thunder knows what he's talking about... I'm still learning!
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 15:29   #18
venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
If you've got a trigger master, I would highly suggest using a Wolfdragon PCB they'll cut out when your lipo drops too low (and they plug directly into the Trigger Master) depending on the model you buy, you'll either stop shooting, see LED's flashing, or get defened by an 80DB buzzer right by your ear lol.

Thunder knows what he's talking about... I'm still learning!
I had read somewhere that if you discharge a lipo fully they can/will explode. Is that true? Is there real danger there?

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 15:35   #19
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
I had read somewhere that if you discharge a lipo fully they can/will explode. Is that true? Is there real danger there?
From what thunder's told me, if they cells go below 3V there is large chance that they will explode...

The trigger master combined with the wolfdragon PCB gives you MANY signals when the battery gets around 3.2v/cell ... from there you unplug your battery and change it out.
G3SD6
Old November 30th, 2009, 15:38   #20
Crunchmeister

So based on all this, I have a CA G36C. I'm currently sick of fighting with getting that 8.4V mini into the grip. And I hate the trigger response of 8.4 mini.

So what would be the ideal battery with good capacity that would give me good trigger response, not necessarily a much higher rof, and would fit easily inside that horribly tight space without me wanting to tear my small amount of remaining hair out every time I have to switch batteries.
Old November 30th, 2009, 16:33   #21
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
So based on all this, I have a CA G36C. I'm currently sick of fighting with getting that 8.4V mini into the grip. And I hate the trigger response of 8.4 mini.

So what would be the ideal battery with good capacity that would give me good trigger response, not necessarily a much higher rof, and would fit easily inside that horribly tight space without me wanting to tear my small amount of remaining hair out every time I have to switch batteries.
The 7.4 1800mah that I currently use in my P90 is slightly smaller than your typical 8.4 mini pack, made by reedy power

http://67.199.85.166/main/searchboxresults.php

The same pack should easily fit into your G36. Another option is the chewing gum style packs that are available, however they have fairly limited capacity. Look for batteries with discharge rates between 20-25c from a reputable company. No name China packs are no where as good as the 'good stuff' and I have received packs from reputable online HK dealers that were damaged or poorly put together.

You shouldn't over discharge your lipo's. ( <3v a cell), recharging a overdischarged cell could be dangerous. Some smart chargers will not recharge packs that if it detects a cell <3v. Many of the chargers can be tricked into charging said pack anyways however your cells will not perform as well if they have been discharged and 'brought back'

I wish I could talk it, but DonP has something coming down the pipe with the trigger master.

EDIT:
It appears the packs that I am using are discontinued
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory

Last edited by Azathoth; November 30th, 2009 at 16:38..
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 22:40   #22
Ayashifx55

Hi guys , i bought a 11.1V firefox 1600mAh stick battery so i can fit it into a CA G36's handguard ... I can't find any 7.4V mini lipo batteries (Everything is STOCK in the G36) =( .... I know it will kill my gearbox. Will purchasing a simple Mosfet help out the current and voltage load?? or same as Crunchmeister's question ...

Can someone suggest a small lipo battery that will allow a stock gun to handle? Ideally ,i'm looking for a small 7.4V lipo but i can't find any to find my G36 full seize handguard, it has to be slim =/
Old November 30th, 2009, 23:16   #23
Amos

You'll need more than a simple mosfet for 11.1 to work in your gun without destroying it. Get a trigger master, then a wolf-dragon PCB with auto-cut off.

The trigger master will make you able to tune your motor speed and the PCB will keep you from exploding.

Also -- All the 7.4 Lipo that I've seen have been extremely slim.. Smaller than a standard mini battery.
G3SD6
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:18   #24
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

What azathoth said
Don't charge your over-discharged lipo's cause they'll go FLAFF!
It's very easy to check the voltage in each cell before you charge it with a 20$ voltage tester too
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:12   #25
Kos-Mos

Over discharging a LiPo WON'T make it explode.

Charging it AFTER CAN make it explode.

Discharging a LiPo ABOVE the RATING (say 10-12C) will make is swell. Too much and it can explode.

Charging a LiPo with the WRONG charger or TOO FAST (too much amps) WILL make it explode.

Basically, you won't blow your face if you over discharge, you will just blow your battery good bye.

www.hobbyking.com (also known as unitedhobby or hobbycity) has the BEST selection of LiPo packs you can find online. The crap that cheapbatterypack sells is just crap. The pack you will find on hobbyking.com are worth around twice to 3 times the price in a hobby shop, and they are top quality.

Zippy packs (Rhyno and FlightMax series) are perfect for airsoft use.

I also found a source for true 20C 1200-1400mAh buffer tube stick packs, in 11.1 and 7.4v. Theses won't swell when used in 400 fps rifles (happened a few times to a friend).
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:22   #26
xelamander

7mm bearings + perfect shimming = amaaaaazing rof! 11.1v lipos ftw! get those with 25c or more.

xelamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:14   #27
Mikhail

+1 to this.

www.hobbyking.com (also known as unitedhobby or hobbycity) has the BEST selection of LiPo packs you can find online..
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:55   #28
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

So I have an 11.1 in my Type 56 (stock 400fps on the nose), is it going to explode on me one day? (much like my other computer did on sunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 13:13   #29
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
+1 to this.

www.hobbyking.com (also known as unitedhobby or hobbycity) has the BEST selection of LiPo packs you can find online..
Wow. That side makes my head spin and eyes cross. I've been searching it for the past 20 mins and still as clueless as before I went there. Wish I knew more about lipo batteries, their C and S ratings, and so forth so I knew what to look for.
Old December 1st, 2009, 13:15   #30
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvolution View Post
So I have an 11.1 in my Type 56 (stock 400fps on the nose), is it going to explode on me one day? (much like my other computer did on sunday)
Mosfet + PCB + proper charger.
G3SD6
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications