Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Whats the point of age verification...

:

General

Old May 9th, 2023, 04:38   #1
Biz

Whats the point of age verification...

If the person in your area doesn't respond to your PM's?
I understand this isn't a paid position but if they don't respond clearly the system in place is broken.
Is there another way?
I just want to sell a air-soft gun.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2023, 13:06   #2
Canadian Psycho
Personal Mule.....PM for rates!

Send a message via MSN to Canadian Psycho
Sadly this forum is pretty much dead these days. Everything has moved to discord or reddit or other random platforms based on your area.
The age verification should really just be deleted at this point imo but sadly thats life, it once had a point but the cats out of the bag now
Old May 14th, 2023, 11:37   #3
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Sadly this forum is pretty much dead these days. Everything has moved to discord or reddit or other random platforms based on your area.
The age verification should really just be deleted at this point imo but sadly thats life, it once had a point but the cats out of the bag now
Which is a total shame. This forum was once the real information base of airsoft in this country, and it basically went downhill when the zuck lured everyone over to facebook with promises of selling our info to advertisers. Then he turned around and banned airsoft gun sales and none of us apparently have the good sense to come back to a forum where we, as airsofters, have complete control over what can be posted.

Now the community has become a mishmash of whatever the hell places people post and everyone seems quite happy to be cucked by social media platforms. Maybe if we added 'likes' to posts here we'd be able to get traffic back onto ASC.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2023, 14:06   #4
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

To have even a slim chance of bringing people back, the site would need a major overhaul, with a new CMS and up to date forum software. We'd need content to lure people back too, maybe a Canadian Airsoft news page were important news could be fed. ASC was completely deaf and mute on the whole C-21 thing. It should have been at the front. This is not likely to happen with the way the forum is run.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2023, 14:11   #5
Canadian Psycho

It really is a shame, there is so much knowledge here. I miss this place when it was active. I know the age verification pushed alot away, wish theyd roll that back and hopefully bring people back.

Who is even in charge here now? i don't see any of the old super mods anymore
Old June 11th, 2023, 12:34   #6
Sentenced2Burn

I have tons of people messaging me regularly from out of province saying they can't ever get in touch with AV reps, and when I actually submit people for verification the list just doesn't get updated. Have one fellow right now who's been waiting over a month.

This forum is sadly on life-support now and it doesn't seem like anyone is actually running it or taking care of the day-to-day.

Honestly I'm actually amazed that a community built around such an ancient vBulletin platform lasted as long as it did, frankly. The whole thing is just beyond archaic and convoluted
Old July 10th, 2023, 09:01   #7
Kremator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentenced2Burn View Post
This forum is sadly on life-support now and it doesn't seem like anyone is actually running it or taking care of the day-to-day.

Honestly I'm actually amazed that a community built around such an ancient vBulletin platform lasted as long as it did, frankly. The whole thing is just beyond archaic and convoluted
They have gotten many offers in the past from pretty big community members to take over and modernize to get ASC back on track. They were responsive then but only because they had a very unrealistic $$$ amount they wanted for it.
Kremator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2023, 14:05   #8
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

They should have taken some money while they could... because today they'd need to pay us to rehabilitate the site, there's so much work involved. It would be simpler to start over from nothing and write a fancy script to import the messages into a new system... and we don't even need the original data, for that, it would be pretty trivial to scrape the site.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2023, 22:53   #9
Canadian Psycho

sadly so true. Once this place had all the best info and tech resources. Was perusing redwolf the other day and even they linked to ASC for estimated velocities from springs. Would be amazing to see this site come back what from its become, i hate how seperate things are now, and that its all facebook which is impossible to keep track of whats being discussed ongoing not to mention how difficult it is to get game info posted when theres 20 different tiny facebook groups/discord/reddit locations.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General