Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CR123 battery return program @ The Source

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 14th, 2013, 08:43   #16
fumoffu

paid roughly 70-80 bucks for 36 Surefire batteries. Currently got 50 plus as backup

I had the panasonic and they are okay but after switching to Surefire/Streamlight. Love it and also I made a spot in my fridge for it.

I used surefire for almost everything. I think I got roughly 10 equipments that uses the cr123 whoa....
fumoffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:57   #17
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I paid 40 bucks yes but for superior batteries, in my experience panasonic and other brands made by companies who don't specialize in batteries are poop.
dude, you've been had! the sales guy at the source saw you coming!

superior? not but much to justify a 4000% markup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
Forgive me if this is a repost and if there's better options but I just paid $39.53 for 2 Energizer 123 batteries.

Included in the total is an optional $9.99 return program where you can return the batteries up to 2 times over a 3 year period with no questions asked, in fact, give your name and address and you don't even have to show a receipt.

I now have unlimited 123 batteries for 3 years lol.
how is that unlimited? 2 returns over 3 years doesn't equal unlimited. You paid for 3 sets

anyway, the program is flawed. does not provide you with a backup set and you must go to the store whenever it dies. I prefer to reach into my pack and pull a fresh set out and open my battery drawer to restock my pack when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
CR123's are 2.50 a piece for surefire / panasonic / streamlight brand.
even that's a bit pricey unless you have to have those brands.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:58   #18
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

OP, you should return those batteries if you can! You got taken for a ride.
Going to the source for batteries should have been the first red flag.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:11   #19
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
They build the price of the "free" replacements sets into the price...
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:13   #20
horto

What happens when your weaponlight goes dead in the middle of a game? Do you stop the fight, change back into civvie clothes and go drive to the nearest Source for fresh batteries?
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:33   #21
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post
What happens when your weaponlight goes dead in the middle of a game? Do you stop the fight, change back into civvie clothes and go drive to the nearest Source for fresh batteries?
Bingo! But they will give him 2 replacements over a 3 year period...

So how long do these superior batteries actually last? That should be the question!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 18:15   #22
D-Rock

I used to work at The Source. I mostly have to agree with these guys. You've been had.

First, you bought the name brand instead of the Nexxtech batteries. Believe it or not the Nexxtech batteries are just as good, if not better, than name brand. They also cost less, both to buy and to add on the 3 year replacement.

Second, it's not unlimited replacement. They ask for the postal code for a reason. It's so they can look up your replacement plan and see what items you have that have warranties, what kind of warranty coverage the item has (anywhere from 'send it to the shop', to over the counter replacement, to limited over the counter replacements) how many replacements you have left. If someone's told you that you get unlimited replacements on your batteries... they're lying. If they're giving you unlimited replacements anyways then loss prevention would probably like a word with them...

(Though keep in mind that the margins on batteries are so ridiculously high that they literally cost pocket change.)

Also, the pressure to put the warranty on anything that has it is immense. If we didn't get a certain percentage of our purchases with the extended warranty we would get in trouble. One of my old store managers got in serious trouble for tacking on warranties for the batteries without charging the customer and just writing off the expense just to prop up his EWP percentage...

Don't get me wrong. extended warranties can be handy in certain circumstances. Get it for your TV or Laptop... if it can't be repaired at the shop it's replaced with a model of equal value and it's a lot cheaper than the repair shop or buying a replacement if it does conk out(and for god sakes don't 'help it along'!). And it's handy for consumables like batteries. But be smart about it. It's really a markup most of the time, something you may never use.

Add: believe it or not, Nexxtech batteries are pretty damn good. CR2032's, which I've been told are used in a few airsoft related products, are of high quality and their replacement plan is pretty cheap too.

Also add: Someone mentioned refund. If you've opened the package for those batteries already... tough luck! You're stuck with 'em!

Last edited by D-Rock; March 15th, 2013 at 18:19..
D-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 21:05   #23
Kos-Mos

Really...

When I am stuck, I go to any drug store. They stock CR123s for cameras.

Here it's 12$ for two Energizer... the same ones you bought.

That is for when my rechargeable ones are out. I keep them in my stock.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 22:28   #24
Aper
E-30

I bought a 16-pack Surefire CR123s batteries like 7 or 8 years ago. I've taken my last 2 for my M3X that finally came in. I never thought these batteries would last me that long :O I was using them in two of my Surefire flashlights here and lasted longer that I originaly thought.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 19:52   #25
darkshift

I got a 24 pack of streamlight 123s included with the purchase of my tlr-1. I only paid about 100 + shipping, so I really cant see the justification of spending $40 on 2 batteries. total rip off. I remember when I was looking for 123s for my weapon mounted light on my m4, i think it was $10 for a pack of 2 duracells. Better luck next time chad.
darkshift is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion