Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mk43 nozzel leak

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 10th, 2012, 22:08   #1
Ratters

Mk43 nozzel leak

Hi, has anyone had a chance to discover the massive air leak issue around the factory Ares Mk43 nozzel? Turns out nobody makes an airseal nozzel for this thing... Or do they?? if you know where to find one please share. I read somewhere about trimming down a Thompson nozzel, anyone tried it?

I've Temporarily superglued an o-ring to the tail end of the nozzle, no telling how long it will cling on for dear life.

any more permanent remedies, please share.

Thank-you

Ratters
Old May 26th, 2012, 17:16   #2
Deathfox

hey, i had the same issue with my ares Tar21. The air nozzle sucked, big time. The fix for mine was buying an m4 nozzle from shooter. Other compatible brands are KWA and Systema. I wish i could tell you the exact air-nozzle to get, but Shooter/KWA/ Systema are compatible with ares guns.
Deathfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 22:42   #3
Splashx

Maybe a necro post, but I think this is usefull infos.

I'm working on a Ares M60 from a friend. It leaks pretty bad (170-190fps w/ 0.20g with a lonex M100, my VFC scar is pulling 390fps with this spring w/0.20g)

I checked piston head/cylinder head/nozzle compression (inside gearbox), I did the teflon tape mod on them so the fps went up to 210-240fps w/0.20g.

Then, I tried a no-name brand M4 nozzle to replace the ares stock one (M4 is longer than Ares' M60). I put some teflon tape around the external diameter of the nozzle getto style (stock ares' is larger) but now it's shooting 315-320fps w/ 0.20g pretty consistently!!!

But for the Ares M60 mk43, it would be this thing : http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ares-air-...-mk46-aeg.html

Edit : Yes, I also heard that M1A1 Thompson nozzle would fit (larger diameter) and trim down the total lenght. Let's take one with an o-ring inside!

Last edited by Splashx; December 14th, 2012 at 13:09..
Splashx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 17:31   #4
Ratters

Thanks folks, much appreciated input. I've since traded my second M60E3 off but if i find yet ANOTHER lol I'll try this route.
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:01   #5
Baloo P-37

im also having troubles with a mk43....this time a&k...i heard so many bad things about the ares parts that i chose a&k but i think im having problems with the.... well basically the whole gun! first of all the loading system is REALLY strange and i really dont like it at all. you have to take off the box mag...unthread it...then adjust the button...then reput the whole thing on...its a mess. not to mention its not even a tube the bbs go through. they put a metal spring. its actually a neat idea if it wasnt a hazzard to the bbs. the MAIN problem is the range...out of the box im getting 75 feet. i need to replace the hopup but having alittle trouble researching what parts to get....might not even be possible...:/ any ideas?
Baloo P-37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:48   #6
horto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo P-37 View Post
im also having troubles with a mk43....this time a&k...i heard so many bad things about the ares parts that i chose a&k but i think im having problems with the.... well basically the whole gun! first of all the loading system is REALLY strange and i really dont like it at all. you have to take off the box mag...unthread it...then adjust the button...then reput the whole thing on...its a mess. not to mention its not even a tube the bbs go through. they put a metal spring. its actually a neat idea if it wasnt a hazzard to the bbs. the MAIN problem is the range...out of the box im getting 75 feet. i need to replace the hopup but having alittle trouble researching what parts to get....might not even be possible...:/ any ideas?
Make your own hopup nub using a piece of speaker wire insulation. 16awg I think. There's a thread on this somewhere...
Old March 29th, 2013, 18:50   #7
Baloo P-37

i have found a few companys thaat offer the part now... but i think it's going to have to wait until after Art of War this summer. :/ gotta get abunch more gear
Baloo P-37 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner