Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

NVG Equipment Gallery

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 15th, 2013, 14:31   #301
TV-PressPass

Sorry c3sk, that's not what I'm trying to get at. If your discussing the purchases legally made within Canada, declaring them as such for re-entry into Canada, then I can see a Y-38 being a part of the appropriate paperwork. But in the case of ITAR products I'm not convinced that's enough.

When I read:
Quote:
Question for you guys that go across the border for games. Have you taken your ITAR restricted gear across? Any hassles?
I interpret "ITAR restricted gear" to apply to US products that have been exported to Canada, (legally or otherwise) that are now re-entering that country.

Example: I buy a Class 1 DBAL laser made in the USA and bought from Rampart International in Canada.

It is a laser that attaches to a weapon, designed for use with night vision. It is certainly an ITAR product.

The laser is civilian legal to own in Canada and the USA, but the DSP-83, IIC, other paperwork for that product has Rampart's name on it, somewhere in their filing cabinet, not mine.

So if I take that DBAL into the states, and then attempt to bring it back with me, I have no paperwork allowing me to do so.

One could hope that keeping the receipt from a Canadian distributor and importer of record would be enough for most people, but from what I understand reading my own DSP-83 forms (which could admittedly be wrong) is that the ITAR allowance for that product to be transferred out of the USA to the stated end user (Rampart in this example) is a one time thing.

Does that make a little more sense?

The problem is, we cannot really advise J-Man without knowing the specific product he's considering taking, and what paper-work he might have with it.

Last edited by TV-PressPass; May 15th, 2013 at 14:33..
TV-PressPass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 15:10   #302
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
Sorry c3sk, that's not what I'm trying to get at. If your discussing the purchases legally made within Canada, declaring them as such for re-entry into Canada, then I can see a Y-38 being a part of the appropriate paperwork. But in the case of ITAR products I'm not convinced that's enough.

When I read:

I interpret "ITAR restricted gear" to apply to US products that have been exported to Canada, (legally or otherwise) that are now re-entering that country.

Example: I buy a Class 1 DBAL laser made in the USA and bought from Rampart International in Canada.

It is a laser that attaches to a weapon, designed for use with night vision. It is certainly an ITAR product.

The laser is civilian legal to own in Canada and the USA, but the DSP-83, IIC, other paperwork for that product has Rampart's name on it, somewhere in their filing cabinet, not mine.

So if I take that DBAL into the states, and then attempt to bring it back with me, I have no paperwork allowing me to do so.

One could hope that keeping the receipt from a Canadian distributor and importer of record would be enough for most people, but from what I understand reading my own DSP-83 forms (which could admittedly be wrong) is that the ITAR allowance for that product to be transferred out of the USA to the stated end user (Rampart in this example) is a one time thing.

Does that make a little more sense?

The problem is, we cannot really advise J-Man without knowing the specific product he's considering taking, and what paper-work he might have with it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've never dealt with Rampart International personally.

.. but DSP-83 includes a term that prevents any transfers of equipment by the end-user. Rampart would be criminally responsible if all those forms had their names on them (and not their customers that actually use them). I highly doubt that is the case.
Old May 15th, 2013, 15:24   #303
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

J-Man asked a very broad question.

For legally purchased products which are ITAR controlled. This is how the state department paperwork is intended to work:

Rampart requests the license to export a particular item, in this case we can use the Civilian Class 1 Dbal unit from LDI. Upon your purchase of the item, Rampart is legally required and obligated to alert the state department of the transfer to you via another ITAR form. However, keep in mind that all these items have had their serial number and product part numbers previously recorded and are being legally exported from the US and sold in another country.

There have been cases where I have purchased ITAR items from reputable Canadian based retailers which did not require any declaration of transfer, which I assume the retailer has taken care of on there end and as such I have not been burdened with it.

So with that being said, since we can safely assume the retailers have registered these items for export with the state department, and they have been legally sold in Canada. You definitely won't have any problems on the Canadian side pending your Y-38 is filled out correctly for that item. As for the US State department, I can't forse any particular complications... however to be 100% sure - just phone them up and ask for clarification.
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 18:09   #304
Verex

Wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Wilcox mounting plate for a replica Wilcox mount? I need the mounting plate that attatches to the actual NVG itself in order to use my mount on my NVG.
Verex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 19:43   #305
Viperfish

Less talk more pics!

New toy

PVS-18

Enjoy!

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 22:24   #306
Qlong
Division

You give literal meaning to the words "Bikini Cover".

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 19:37   #307
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Can I b super awsum NV tiems now too guyz?

Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 13:15   #308
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Old June 12th, 2013, 13:54   #309
TV-PressPass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Can I b super awsum NV tiems now too guyz?

That is actually awesome.

I hope you've got a makarov and a russian tin pot helmet to go with that!

Also, maybe a radiation shield for your shooting eye
Old June 12th, 2013, 14:41   #310
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
That is actually awesome.

I hope you've got a makarov and a russian tin pot helmet to go with that!

Also, maybe a radiation shield for your shooting eye

Check here: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread....29#post1804629

I had a little bit of fun with the Russian helmet :P

The NSPU is actually borrowed off of a friend of mine but down the road, I'm hoping to get one to put on an SVD

The Makarov will be purchased when a decent one is released, I hate the NBB one currently available, it's poorly put together with screws visible on the slide, much like a BB gun from Canadian Tire.
Old June 12th, 2013, 14:51   #311
TV-PressPass

Well you're all set then!

Next step: Mi-24 Hind

Just make sure you get one of the post-Afghanistan models with proper AA countermeasures
Old June 12th, 2013, 16:04   #312
Kingsix

Quote:
The NSPU is actually borrowed off of a friend of mine but down the road, I'm hoping to get one to put on an SVD
Nah man

That's what I'm planning! Or somehow jack a 1PN51 from the Russian army :/

Last edited by Kingsix; June 12th, 2013 at 16:07..
Kingsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 18:21   #313
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Nah man

That's what I'm planning! Or somehow jack a 1PN51 from the Russian army :/
So you're not going to grab the BTR NV unit off of Ebay? :P

That PKM is sexy as fuck
Old June 12th, 2013, 18:25   #314
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Someone needs to modify those russian bad boy's to accept gen2+ photonis tubes. It could probably be done given the size of the unit, who here is a very capable awesome electrician?
Old June 12th, 2013, 18:38   #315
Kingsix

Quote:
So you're not going to grab the BTR NV unit off of Ebay? :P

That PKM is sexy as fuck
It is gen 2

now to convince cooney to carry it bwhahah

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion