Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG

:

Reviews

Old July 27th, 2009, 19:31   #391
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

For the price I paid when they first appeared and the performance they gave they are worth the money and perfect for beginners and/or people on a very tight budget. Sure they won't last 10 years but I know Krakens that have had a simple shim job and had been playing perfect for 5 years now. The one from this review out did most of the "name brand" guns in speed, distance, and accuracy.

I'm surprised my review has lasted this long!
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 19:33   #392
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawstink View Post
I would probably upgrade it, but if I got a normal stock kraken, I would just add rails and a foregrip to it anyways, So would getting the $120 - $170 stock Kraken at Bass Pro then buying and adding these parts later be cheaper? I would also find a suitable and good battery/charger, the sling I don't really give a crap
Honestly, I can't answer if it would be cheaper. I've never owned an AK so I haven't priced out rails and stuff for them. Perhaps someone else around here can.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:52   #393
Sawstink

Well, after re reading it, I realized that the kit only comes with a metal rail system, sling, and black furniture. Would this really jack the price up nearly $100? Or are buyairsoft.ca's prices even higher then I thought?
Sawstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 19:42   #394
Shootresponsibly

right now though, where can i get a brand new one, just plain. if i plan on doing anything to it, it is after it is sitting in front of me, so i dont care about added accesories boxed in with it...
Shootresponsibly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 21:40   #395
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
For the price I paid when they first appeared and the performance they gave they are worth the money and perfect for beginners and/or people on a very tight budget. Sure they won't last 10 years but I know Krakens that have had a simple shim job and had been playing perfect for 5 years now. The one from this review out did most of the "name brand" guns in speed, distance, and accuracy.

I'm surprised my review has lasted this long!
Krakens haven't been around for 5 years.
Old August 15th, 2009, 22:53   #396
Amos

Krakens also don't use standard V3 cylinder heads. I hate having to dermal off the lip to install a cylinder head into a crapen.... err Kraken.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 00:47   #397
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
Krakens haven't been around for 5 years.
My mistake I've been out in the boon docks too long, feels like it's been 5 years since I last played airsoft. 2-3 years then.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 15:18   #398
nidan

My Kraken, bought at a local gas station???!!!, 2 years ago still rock and rolls.
It came with the green buttstock and foregrip but is now all painted a matte black. Had a piston jam awhile ago, fixed no prob. New spring installed and shoots straighter than you would think without a tightbore, and a hell of a lot farther without adj. hopup. Using 3200 mah Lipo and have not had a lick of trouble having now put 30,000 plus BB's (.25) through it. Other than the piston jam.
Buddy just (2 months ago) bought another Kraken from the same gas station. Chronied at 370 fps out of the box using a 1200 mah that came with it.

Our whole team in fact owns and regularly uses Krakens.
Love 'em.
nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 01:36   #399
mikeeeee

my buddy has a kraken, i have a cm 028. both are great.. durable.. i would recommend them to anyone.. good price aswell
mikeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:44   #400
Kingsix

Kraken will last I've ran mine for 2 years worry free including crappy battery and charger only that is really really crap is the sling XD. Get a woodkit tactical ak's look funny.
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:46   #401
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeeee View Post
my buddy has a kraken, i have a cm 028. both are great.. durable.. i would recommend them to anyone.. good price aswell
I might be wrong but isn't the CM 028 and the kraken the same guns made by CYMA only difference is one has a clear receiver. It looks like aftermath just re brands.
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:58   #402
fuyutime2

wow i picked a stock one at bass pro shops and its awesome no problems after something like 20 clips in the backyard
fuyutime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 11:28   #403
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyutime2 View Post
wow i picked a stock one at bass pro shops and its awesome no problems after something like 20 clips in the backyard

There is so much wrong in this one improperly structured sentence.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 12:58   #404
KoolAidMan

Just did a repair to the body of one of these for a friend and painted it with some krylon fusion looks sweet now deal was i paint and fix it and he lends me it for a few games till my im age verfied and can purchase my own.probly will pick one of these up and use it as a project/loaner gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 21:41   #405
Conflicts6

I am putting in a sp125(basically a m120) spring into this with some other gearbox upgrades(not changing the motor) and I will be using the stock battery. Will my ROF be crap and will my motor struggle with the stress and the crappy 8.4v battery?
Conflicts6 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews