TAKE AIM AT 'TOY' GUNS (Ottawa Sun)

:

General

Old December 31st, 2009, 13:05   #16
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGuitarded View Post
The gun fear mongering is infinitely more dangerous than the guns themselves.
indeed... as we see in this case where a Stabbing... leads to more gun control knee jerk
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:20   #17
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
indeed... as we see in this case where a Stabbing... leads to more gun control knee jerk
How can anyone argue with that? It's pure logic! It's as obvious as 2 oranges + 23 apples = 10000 dead people!

I can't stand it when people turn events into politicaly-oriented debates without much link to the original issue.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:27   #18
fuyutime2

Gun control isn't about the guns!
Its about the control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfismyname
like big boobs i can't deny!
fuyutime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:28   #19
KoolAidMan

Fear is the greatest weapon of all.

look at the media everyone uses fear to get what they wan't

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:32   #20
fuyutime2

if those stupid people who go and used the airsoft guns as a way of threatening people had any brains, theyd realize that if someone steps up to them, nothing will happen. and yes, people will step up to them if they have loved ones beside or near the thugs.

Quote:
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:33   #21
Deaf_shooter

sigh, why most families of victims think they has right to change rule as they wish.
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:34   #22
KoolAidMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyutime2 View Post
if those stupid people who go and used the airsoft guns as a way of threatening people had any brains, theyd realize that if someone steps up to them, nothing will happen. and yes, people will step up to them if they have loved ones beside or near the thugs.
they were using pellet guns most likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:36   #23
fuyutime2

i thought all pellet guns were either pistols or rifles, no? i know about the rifles cuz i have one for the rainy days, and i saw a couple pellet pistols out in Pacific Mall up for sale but ive never heard of AR/SMG pellet guns.

Quote:
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:40   #24
Daviday

Send a message via MSN to Daviday
Its not the guns that are the problem. People in general need to look at the one holding the gun. Putting more control on will not help as much as they would like it to. you need to confront the people whom are not fit to use a gun.

But i agree with koolaidman. Pellet guns are cheeper and legal to buy.
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:41   #25
youngguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviday View Post
Its not the guns that are the problem. People in general need to look at the one holding the gun. Putting more control on will not help as much as they would like it to. you need to confront the people whom are not fit to use a gun.

Exactly!

"LOCATION FIRST RESPONSE TEAM"
youngguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 13:51   #26
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviday View Post

Right... but it is much easier to control an object than it is a person.

People will resort to criminal activity .. people will seek to arm themselves when they feel the need to. Criminals don't live in our society.. they live in an alternate reality where the rules of society don't apply.

Governments know that there really is nothing they can do about criminals.. and maintain a free and open society. But in order to be perceived and taking action against the criminals they act against their tools .. Hence gun control legislation. It does not make people any safer.. but it makes them feel safer. and allows them to believe that their government is "doing something" to make them safer.

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old December 31st, 2009, 13:52   #27
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Guns ( and in particular handguns ) ARE designed for the purpose of Killing people. and they can also be used for sport.. However when a handgun is used for it's designed and intended purpose .. it kills people .. which is what it was supposed to do.. although the act is illegal.. it can hardly be considered "accidental"
Guns are designed to fire a projectile at high velocity. Handguns are meant to be a smaller package with which to accomplish those goals. Whether the projectile kills anything at all is more a testament to the skill of the person pulling the trigger than to the design of the gun, by orders of magnitude. It wasn't the gun designed to kill, but rather designed to be used by a person to kill, with many overt actions and safeties to satisfy before this becomes even possible.

Many guns are designed not to kill at all, rather to shoot at targets and make a poor choice of weapon to employ in the act of killing anything. In fact, the choice of ammunition has a greater impact on the ability to kill than the gun itself. Fire a steel core round out of an AR vs a hollow-point hunting round and you will see.

The gun has been used as means to project force via the ability to put potentially lethal projectiles at a distance from the shooter. Whether this is done depends solely on the person using said item, be they a civillian or a soldier.

There are perhaps as many as 24 million guns in Canada as we speak. Yet there are only about 750 people killed by them every year, most by suicide, and about 200 by homicide. There are about 5 times more people who off themselves by means other than a gun, and about 8 times more people who die by drunk drivers than are murdered by guns. How many cars are in Canada, and how many people dies by their means?

The use of the word "designed" when describing an object with the potential to inflict harm is a media buzzword that, although seemingly logical, doesn't translate into real-world actions.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 14:20   #28
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

Quote:
Toy guns and replica guns comprise up to 40% of guns seized by police.
I call BS.
Old December 31st, 2009, 14:23   #29
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Guns are designed to fire a projectile at high velocity. Handguns are meant to be a smaller package with which to accomplish those goals. Whether the projectile kills anything at all is more a testament to the skill of the person pulling the trigger than to the design of the gun, by orders of magnitude. It wasn't the gun designed to kill, but rather designed to be used by a person to kill, with many overt actions and safeties to satisfy before this becomes even possible.

Many guns are designed not to kill at all, rather to shoot at targets and make a poor choice of weapon to employ in the act of killing anything. In fact, the choice of ammunition has a greater impact on the ability to kill than the gun itself. Fire a steel core round out of an AR vs a hollow-point hunting round and you will see.

The gun has been used as means to project force via the ability to put potentially lethal projectiles at a distance from the shooter. Whether this is done depends solely on the person using said item, be they a civillian or a soldier.

There are perhaps as many as 24 million guns in Canada as we speak. Yet there are only about 750 people killed by them every year, most by suicide, and about 200 by homicide. There are about 5 times more people who off themselves by means other than a gun, and about 8 times more people who die by drunk drivers than are murdered by guns. How many cars are in Canada, and how many people dies by their means?

The use of the word "designed" when describing an object with the potential to inflict harm is a media buzzword that, although seemingly logical, doesn't translate into real-world actions.
Not just the Anti gun faction are adept at semantic shuffle

Firearms are WEAPONS they were conceived to enable people to KILL animals at a distance.. some of those animals are other people.

I am PRO gun .. as I believe it is my inalienable HUMAN right to be armed with a WEAPON that is better and more effective than my fists or teeth which the universe in a cruel joke has made puny in comparison to my ability to invent tools of destruction.

The issue is not if guns are dangerous... they are not.. in themselves dangerous.. any more than a stone is ... but in the hands of a person who possesses the will , ( or lack of understanding of consequences) to use them .. they become dangerous.

The fallacy of gun control is that controlling objects has NO effect on the behavior of criminals .. But it does have an effect on the individual Human right to self defense.

The government by seeking to reduce danger to it's citizens .. instead places them at greater risk.. because the society lacks the will to deal with criminals in a manner that is effective and final.

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old December 31st, 2009, 14:30   #30
mcguyver

Any object is a weapon if used offensively. If it is not used offensively, it is not a weapon.

That means that there are over 20 million firearms in Canada that are by definition not weapons. They are firearms, nothing more, nothing less.

Only about 200 selected firearms are weapons used to kill. There are thousands more that are used to intimidate or to injure. But only those specific examples are weapons, not all guns of the same make or model, and certainly not all guns completely.

As soon as you transpose the word weapon with gun, you have lost your right to keep them. Nobody needs weapons, weapons kill and injure. Guns do nothing of the sort.

Sorry to trot out the rhetoric, but "Guns don't kill people. People kill people".

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General