:

Newbie Tank

Old January 1st, 2010, 20:59   #16
Soulfly

Send a message via MSN to Soulfly
Since the thread is about Gun Combos, I'd go with this:

-Main: G36C/K
-Pistol: M9
-Back-up: m1100 (revision or short version)
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:32   #17
fuyutime2

at least Soulfly is on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfismyname
like big boobs i can't deny!
fuyutime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:18   #18
Kingsix

What I'm planing

Primary: AK-47 \ AKS-47\PPSH
Secondary: Bayonet
Sidearm: TT-33\ Skorpian

What I have for now

Primary: AK-47 \ AKS-47\M3 Shotgun
Secondary: Bayonet
Sidearm: M92F
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:21   #19
fuyutime2

YES! this thread is back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfismyname
like big boobs i can't deny!
fuyutime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:29   #20
Mr. G36!

Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
I tote around a G36 with five 50-rounders, and a KSC USP .45 with three twenty-rounders. I really only use the pistol if I run out of ammo with the G36 and I don't have time to reload, or if the battery dies in a similar situation. Though we, as a group, usually like to close out our games with some CQB pistol-games, so that makes it worth it. Depending on where you're playing, you probably won't want to be hauling a rifle in your hands, a machinegun on one shoulder, a shotgun on the other, and an MP5 strapped to each leg anyway. Less is more; just carry spare mags and batteries.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:32   #21
Dart

just a small FYI the skorpian is not very impressive, AEP's are just... blah. My buddy has a Glock AEP and you can't even get off 2 100 round mags on a battery.

But to stay on track

FL set up

Primary Fa-mas g2
Secondary m9/226
Tertiary Knife *its light, doesn't need a battery, never runs out of ammo, never breaks down*

Plus knife kills almost always get the same reaction *OMG HOW THE HELL wow that was amazing!* or *OHHH that musta hurt* thats the one you get when you get shot after surprising the guy.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:33   #22
Kingsix

I've been thinking about getting a drum mag I don't shoot alot one drum should last me an entire game without reloading
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:55   #23
m102404
Tys

If you're just starting out...I'd highly recommend that you get setup with your primary rifle, batteries, charger, protective gear, mags and rig to carry the mags first...then pick out the next set of stuff.

Way too often you'll see guys half-assed outfitted with multiple guns and are still not prepared to run at a game properly. These guys are a pain in the ass to the host and everyone else at the game since their batteries aren't charged, they're looking for goggle rentals, they don't have any water/etc... with them, etc....

When you get to the point where you're ready to run at a game...go to a game and see what else you need (or don't need).

If you're trying to duck/weave with your G3-SG1 in tight CQB you're going to find out really quick that you're going to want something smaller...either a AEG SMG or a GBB pistol.

If you're playing outdoors...you might not find that you need anything else at all.

AEG's break/break down...that's a fact of life. Most times...there's no lead up to it not working, they just quit. So...a lot of guys will take a second one (and third) out to big games where it's unacceptable (to them) to just hang up your hat and sit on the sidelines if your gun goes in the shitter. And Murphy's Law rules....even if your AEG shot great just before you packed it up the night before a game, sure as taxes you're going to arrive at the game and it's going to fail on you right away.

Some guys will outfit for a second "primary" that takes the same mags/batts/accessories as their go-to rifle. Others will have a completely different rifle (because different guns are fun!)...but then you end up taking 2 sets of mags/batts/etc to a game. Having 2 M4's that are setup the same is nice (you can set one up for sub 350fps indoors and the other at sub 400fps outdoors)....but having an M4 and an AK opens up the possibilities of choosing to play "the bad guy" op-for roles.

If you play with a set of guys regularly...then it's great if you all run similar guns, batteries and mags. Then if you do have some stuff go down the shitter you can help each other out.

Personally, I have:
- SystemA PTW M4
- SystemA PTW M4 CQBR
- WE WETTI/AWSS M4 CQBR
- CA G3
- Hicapa

Not the smartest setup since they don't all take the same mags (PTW vs. G3) and none of my teammates run compatible stuff....but as a group we always take out at least two spare setups to big games so we're covered for gun breakdowns. In fact at the last milsim we had two guys working on downed guns right on the field while we were holding a fortified position.

For indoor stuff I'll take the two CQBR's and my pistol...for outdoor stuff I'll take the PTW M4 and the G3, and maybe leave the pistol behind (drawing a secondary is kind of rare at field games...but it's fun when you do).

But to start out...get fully setup with a primary rifle. Indoors/outdoors...short gun/long gun...doesn't matter. Reliable gun, enough mags, min 2 batteries, good charger, gear. Do that first, then move on to the next set.

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:05   #24
KND
* AV revoked *

Simple Set up and really served me more than 2 season.

Primary : ICS M4A1
Backup : KSC Glock 19 with 5 mags.
Secondary : Another ICS M4A1 or Second Upper mechbox or Third one.

Actually, I used to have Real Sword Type 56 backup in winter but it's not really worst since I barely play them thought and also a PTW backup as well. None of them worst compare to my ICS M4A1 for price wise so get ripped of them and gone good for holiday.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:18   #25
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
Primary: Upgraded and repaired ICS M4A1
Secondary: M203
Short Arm: KWA M9 PTP or KSC Glock 18c

If you notice the M4 will be the common primary out in the field because they're everywhere and everyone makes them.. they're easy to diagnose when problems arise... and there's millions of tacticool accessories for them.

Your short arm will be holstered for a majority of games... I carry a pistol for the complete look for my load out. 90% of the people I game with don't even carry or have one.

Another primary fire arms to consider is a Cybergun Galil - 370FPS very quiet and with a Firefly hop up rubber... very accurate (thanks Amos! ) Very unique weapon and rarely seen in the field.
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:23   #26
cooney

Primary: ICS M4 or Kraken Ak 47
Backup: Future Glock 23
Secondary: Need a new shotgun since it broke or a MP5a4 collapsible stock

If your playing CQB, I personally think a handgun would do great around tight corners compare to a M4.
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:29   #27
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Primary
- C8
Backup Primary
- MP5
Backup Backup Primary
- P90
Backup
- AK47
Sidearm
- Hi capa 4.3
Mark Lighter
- P226
Fuck you Gun
- Glock 18c
CQB
- Troy M7A1
WhenAllElseFails
- Bayonet

I used to carry a 249 as my backup pistol, but i was tired of having to arnold the damn thing so i sold it.

The trick is getting the guns tied down so they dont swing around and smack into everything. As for Mags, Who needs spare mags when you can just carry EVERY gun and steal the mags off your victims?

Lol Seriously though. Nothing wrong with bringing more than 1 gun to a game, i usually bring 2-3 primarys and 1-2 pistols. But you dont need THAT many guns on the field. 1 Primary 1 pistol is more than enough.

As for Mags. Depends on your style of play. When i use Assault rifles, i tend to use very little. 2-3 50 rounds can do me for a while. When using SMG's, i take every mag i can get lol.

If you want practicality. Your much more maneuverable with 1 primary 1 pistol than with multiple guns. If you were on my fireteam during a milsim, anything you could not secure firmly Id tell you to lose. Last thing id want is a teammate blundering around 50 meters behind the fireteam cause hes snagging on everything and making a huge racket.

Mind you if this was just a skirmish, id say bring it lol. I know a few people who field like 5 pistols just for shits and giggles.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns

Last edited by DarkAngel; January 2nd, 2010 at 14:00..
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:32   #28
kalnaren

Primary: Classic Army SL-9 w/6 50-round magazines
Secondary: None.
Backup: Tokyo Marui MP5A4 w/13 magazines

After playing for several years, I can say that I'd take a backup AEG over a pistol anyday. A backup though is really only usable if you have the mags and kit for it.

A good quality primary that's properly maintained (or upgraded), with a couple of spare batteries is a much better idea than three less-than-acceptable quality guns.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:47   #29
Frozen Tex

Primary: M4 + 10 Mid-Cap PMags
Secondary: 1911MEU + 5 Mags

Soon to be using an M14 SOCOM II, will get 5 Mid-Caps, and will soon be using a Magpul Masada, which will use the same mags the M4 is using.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 13:12   #30
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
My set-up:

G&G m4
2x Hi-cap mags for warm-up/attack-defend games.
5x 100rds mags for scenerio type games.

secondary or for use as a primary:

KWA USP .45
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank