Old January 5th, 2010, 00:41   #61
Twin#1[Op-for]

Yea, definitely get some Midcaps
Twin#1[Op-for] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:20   #62
Conflicts6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyutime2 View Post
Clearsoft P.O.S IMO. I wouldn't even buy that if it was for $10. clearsoft is a waste IMO unless it is G&G, then maybe, just maybe....
Sigh... If you would to see my guns, you would change your mind. The only stock parts on my kraken (soon to be) are: Outer barrel, sights, upper reciever, stock, handgrip, hup up, triger guard assembly and gearbox shell.
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:24   #63
fuyutime2

id rather save up for a g&g. seriously. a kraken costs about $160. and a G&G costs about $380. shure, its twice as much, but id reather not get a kraken and just go with a G&G. and the things ive hearde about the krakens. i had one for a while, but sold it to my friend. cuz i didn't want it breaking down on me. the thing i heard was somehting about 50% of krakens failing withing the first 2000rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfismyname
like big boobs i can't deny!
fuyutime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:46   #64
Conflicts6

Quote:
id rather save up for a g&g. seriously. a kraken costs about $160. and a G&G costs about $380. shure, its twice as much, but id reather not get a kraken and just go with a G&G. and the things ive hearde about the krakens. i had one for a while, but sold it to my friend. cuz i didn't want it breaking down on me. the thing i heard was somehting about 50% of krakens failing withing the first 2000rounds.
They have improved on all of their products in their new versions. The older ones came with nylon bushings, and they have now put metal ones stock in them. Many people in my town have aftermath products, stock, and they have been working great, except for the crap battery.
Old January 5th, 2010, 15:55   #65
durak

Quote:
He's using his as a project gun, why pay damn near 400$ when the only thing your keeping stock is the externals.

400$ base gun + 400$ worth of upgrades= perfectly good left over internals and a good gun.

160$ base gun + 400$ worth of upgrades= shitty leftover internals, a good gun, and 240$ still in your pocket.

now you could probly sell those internals left over from the 400$ gun but not for 260$
durak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 16:11   #66
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by durak View Post
He's using his as a project gun, why pay damn near 400$ when the only thing your keeping stock is the externals.

400$ base gun + 400$ worth of upgrades= perfectly good left over internals and a good gun.

160$ base gun + 400$ worth of upgrades= shitty leftover internals, a good gun, and 240$ still in your pocket.

now you could probly sell those internals left over from the 400$ gun but not for 260$
But then your gun has crappy externals. Whereas if you save up a bit you have better externals on it. And then in the time being (depending how long it takes you to upgrade), you can still use the thing and have it perform well and not have to worry about it breaking down on you (at least not as much as with a kraken..).

Better quality gun to start with means ease of mind, easier upgrading (since upgrades mesh better with better quality guns, since their tolerances are better).
Old January 5th, 2010, 18:09   #67
durak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
But then your gun has crappy externals. Whereas if you save up a bit you have better externals on it. And then in the time being (depending how long it takes you to upgrade), you can still use the thing and have it perform well and not have to worry about it breaking down on you (at least not as much as with a kraken..).

Better quality gun to start with means ease of mind, easier upgrading (since upgrades mesh better with better quality guns, since their tolerances are better).
Quite true, but if your on a budget, a savings of 200$ or more looks pretty good.

anyways back on topic were starting to derail the thread.

Last edited by durak; January 5th, 2010 at 18:18..
Old January 5th, 2010, 18:22   #68
kalnaren

If you want good externals, count G&G out as well. You're looking at Classic Army at least.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 20:47   #69
medhatboy
formerly Swatt Five-Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
You're looking at Classic Army at least.
I don't know about that, my Classic army M15 mechbox packed it in after only 5000 rounds, where as my JG M4 has gone 20,000 rounds and is only now having an electrical firing problem.
medhatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 20:49   #70
durak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatt Five-Six View Post
I don't know about that, my Classic army M15 mechbox packed it in after only 5000 rounds, where as my JG M4 has gone 20,000 rounds and is only now having an electrical firing problem.
hes talking externals
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:01   #71
Conflicts6

I just ordered a x47 rail kit and a metal body. My externals and internals will be beautiful now.
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:03   #72
Twin#1[Op-for]

Krakens are fine...but I agree with kalnaren. The second I got my Full metal CA M4...I don't think I could own a plastic gun again.
Twin#1[Op-for] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:20   #73
fleuryfighter

Send a message via MSN to fleuryfighter
i've gotten atleast 30k shots from my Kraken with only external upgrades and it still shoots 360 with .2's and 325 with .28's so i think its an alright starter gun but im going for a G&G now Krakens are boring after 3 years.
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:27   #74
RaisinBran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuryfighter View Post
i've gotten atleast 30k shots from my Kraken with only external upgrades and it still shoots 360 with .2's and 325 with .28's so i think its an alright starter gun but im going for a G&G now Krakens are boring after 3 years.
30k? and only external upgrades? You got lucky...

I helped a friend who bought a Kraken replace every single internal piece (excluding shell but including hopup) So I played with the stock internals for while and just after 3 or 4 mid caps the nozzle cracked, piston head exploded and the piston was really badly stripped.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:32   #75
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinBran View Post
30k? and only external upgrades? You are probably exaggerating...
Fixed.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank