:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 19th, 2014, 09:25   #196
Adrenalineguy

This Video is from Tippmann.
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:04   #197
Danke

Super sad, all the Airsoft co's punch out Hollywood sized promo videos before launching a new gun.

Oh no wait they don't.

Well at least they "all" sign up on all the AS forums to chat with people directly. Right?
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:22   #198
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbain500 View Post
Pretty sad video for a big company that wants the masses to buy this gun.
Tippmann is no longer a US company folks, it is owned by GI Sportz (Montreal) same company that makes paintballs (ProCaps)

Hey, Matt, is the ROF adjustable? Do you loose the remaining CO2 when you pull out the magazine?
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 13:01   #199
Caelan

Not a great video to promote a cutting edge product....whats the big secret? Most people know what the gun looks like and that its being launched sometime mid sumner. Questions need to be answered....like what is the maximum rof and fps this gun can shoot? Also in that video there looks like there is not a whole lot of kick for a gbb/ CO2 driven gun....is there not much recoil to the gun or can u just not see it very well in the video? Is it just an air driven system with no moving bolt action or recoil?

Last edited by Caelan; May 19th, 2014 at 18:21..
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 16:10   #200
DubCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
Not a great video to promote a cutting edge product....whats the big secret? Most people know what the gun looks like and that its being launched sometime mid sumner. Questions need to be answered....like what is the maximum rof and fps this gun can shoot? Also in that video there looks like there is not a whole lot of kick for a gbb/ CO2 driven gun....is there not much recoil to the gun or can u just not see it very well in the video?
Agreed
DubCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 19:35   #201
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

I believe the title 'teaser video' should have made the short clip obvious.. guess not..LOL

We did a longer video, with more information, with one of Tippmann's Field owners. Once he has edited it, it will be posted.
There is recoil, and as you will hear in the follow up video that the kick is easily comparable to,current GBBR systems currently available.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 20:11   #202
Caelan

Thanks Matt just a little bit extra info on the gun helps. It is a truly beautiful M4..... I did not want to drop $400 on just an air driven gun. It needed to have a bit of kick for that realism factor. Is it actually a blow back bolt that moves back and forth? How does the gun kick?

Last edited by Caelan; May 19th, 2014 at 21:12..
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 22:59   #203
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
Not a great video to promote a cutting edge product....whats the big secret? Most people know what the gun looks like and that its being launched sometime mid sumner. Questions need to be answered....like what is the maximum rof and fps this gun can shoot? Also in that video there looks like there is not a whole lot of kick for a gbb/ CO2 driven gun....is there not much recoil to the gun or can u just not see it very well in the video? Is it just an air driven system with no moving bolt action or recoil?
While i agree a more informational vid or ad shoujld be put forth, it doesnt seem like this is a promo vid or intended as such. Looks just like a heat of the moment teaser.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 23:04   #204
SuperHog

With a AEG, you only need a battery. But.....

$399 if you want to stay with CO2, but you won't get the benefits of all year use because of the CO2 low tolerance to cold weather. Oh... the cost of the proprietary Tippmann CO2 mags.

If you want the full benefits, then you will have to consider HPA. $170 for the regulator+hose, and $190 for the HPA tank. Go to a paintball field for airfill or lug a scuba tank to the airsoft field. You now have to consider the total package of $760.

Last edited by SuperHog; May 19th, 2014 at 23:06..
Old May 20th, 2014, 00:22   #205
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
With a AEG, you only need a battery. But.....

$399 if you want to stay with CO2, but you won't get the benefits of all year use because of the CO2 low tolerance to cold weather. Oh... the cost of the proprietary Tippmann CO2 mags.

If you want the full benefits, then you will have to consider HPA. $170 for the regulator+hose, and $190 for the HPA tank. Go to a paintball field for airfill or lug a scuba tank to the airsoft field. You now have to consider the total package of $760.
ummmm i think this has been mentioned before, but i dont think you'll need an extra regulator. The gun should be able to handle the <800psi from the tank like any tippmann paintball marker does.

And if you're paying a full $190 for an HPA tank, you're not doing it right. At MOST, you might be paying ~$140. But a quick search and you'll easily find 68/45s going for $115.

Air set ups are inherently expensive, but they're not as expensive as you make em out to be.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 07:49   #206
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
And if you're paying a full $190 for an HPA tank, you're not doing it right. At MOST, you might be paying ~$140. But a quick search and you'll easily find 68/45s going for $115.
Who sells a $115 69/45? Is it quality or junk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
ummmm i think this has been mentioned before, but i dont think you'll need an extra regulator. The gun should be able to handle the <800psi from the tank like any tippmann paintball marker does.
800psi, sounds like a CO2 Tippmann paintball blowback system.

Wolverine and Polarstar is a better design with a operating pressure around 100psi. At 100psi, you can shoot deeper into the tank's pressure.

Last edited by SuperHog; May 20th, 2014 at 09:58..
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:52   #207
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

Friday was chilly, wet and rainy at the event in Joliet... i'm going to say mid 40's F... We got about 3000 rounds through it using 2000 psi of a 68 cu inch 4500 psi high pressure air tank.
To state again, you do NOT need an external regulator of any type for the Tippmann M4. The valving inside the gun is designed to regulate both CO2 and hpa for safe use of the marker.
If you want to use HPA, I would suggest looking at a 13cu inch 3000psi high pressure air tank and Ninja paintball's new thinline remote line. That would give you the smallest profile for the least cost.
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:57   #208
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
Friday was chilly, wet and rainy at the event in Joliet... i'm going to say mid 40's F... We got about 3000 rounds through it using 2000 psi of a 68 cu inch 4500 psi high pressure air tank.
To state again, you do NOT need an external regulator of any type for the Tippmann M4. The valving inside the gun is designed to regulate both CO2 and hpa for safe use of the marker.
If you want to use HPA, I would suggest looking at a 13cu inch 3000psi high pressure air tank and Ninja paintball's new thinline remote line. That would give you the smallest profile for the least cost.
How many shots can you get on a 13ci? That would be the best solution over a 68ci for sure.

Sounds like innovation with the valving. Didn't know that a valve can regulate air pressure.

Did you try a generic M4 magazine to confirm compatibility? Did you have a look at the hop up and barrel?
Old May 20th, 2014, 16:28   #209
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I think Tippmann is doing this smart.. and building demand for this gun through their soft launch methods. Someone has hired a savvy marketer. It's working on all you guys.. with all the SHOW ME MOAR! demands
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 17:19   #210
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

Thank you Brian! :P
We ran the M4 all weekend on remote using both Elite Force Mid caps, a Generic Palco hi cap and a King Arms mid cap... I'm hoping to be able to further test it with my own Magpul mags, both green label and 120rd actual pmags..
Tippmann's internal valve has always been able to regulate pressure from both hpa and CO2, even more so with the release of the phenom/TipX/xover/XVR internals. Tippmann just made that work even better in an airsoft platform.
Make no mistake, this it not a paintball company 'dabbling' in airsoft, this is a major innovator coming into the sport for good. This is just the beginning (and NO, i cannot and will not talk about anything else that could/should/will be coming at a later date).
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion