Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Unable to gain retailer status.

:

General

Old November 1st, 2011, 20:02   #1
Viperfish

Post Unable to gain retailer status.

So iv considered not posting this but I'm at a point now where iv really run out of ideas.

For the better part of 8 months (give or take) I have been attempting to sign up as a retailer here on ASC (as well as a contributor). At one point i was able to actually get Lisa to email me back however she stopped replying just as i was trying to firm up the details.

For the past 2 months i have been emailing and pming both her and mantalope basically saying "just give me an amount and a Paypal address and ill pay it" and yet they haven't even read the messages. I understand people can be busy and have lives and whatnot but really? months without a single reply?

Is there some other way i can go about this? or is there some reason they are not getting back to me? This is above frustrating at this point. I have never had to work so hard in my life to give someone else my money....

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 20:19   #2
Drake
E-01

From the sticky at the top of this very section:

Quote:
Due to a recent influx of retailers, we have decided that retailer subscriptions must be pre-approved. All accounts with retailer status will be grandfathered, and can continue subscribing to the program without difficulty. If you wish to become a new retailer, you must email us at ads@airsoftcanada.com to state your intent. Know that at this point, we will not be approving every retailer that applies; please let us know why you feel your presence on ASC will benefit the community. We feel this action will lead to an overall higher quality of retailers on ASC.
Old November 1st, 2011, 20:20   #3
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Owned
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 20:22   #4
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
From the sticky at the top of this very section:
Thats just it though, I cant even get that far with them. Communication just stopped in the middle of it all.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:

Last edited by Viperfish; November 1st, 2011 at 20:34..
Old November 1st, 2011, 20:24   #5
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

You are not alone. Right now the owners are being very strict on who they accept as a retailer. And that they are avoiding allowing multiple retailers with the same products. All I can say is keep trying. I've already posted a thread about this in the retailer section, and only Lisa and Harley get a say in this. I know this isn't very helpful but at least its not personal or particular to you.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 20:33   #6
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
You are not alone. Right now the owners are being very strict on who they accept as a retailer. And that they are avoiding allowing multiple retailers with the same products. All I can say is keep trying. I've already posted a thread about this in the retailer section, and only Lisa and Harley get a say in this. I know this isn't very helpful but at least its not personal or particular to you.
Good to know I'm not the only one, jumping through all these hoops again and again is a little aggravating, more so when i see threads asking about where to get something that i have and i cant say anything and yet no one else has it...

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Old November 1st, 2011, 23:50   #7
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

For what it's worth, my experiences with Viperfish have been good. I don't know why communications stopped, but if I had a say in anything, I'd recommend approval for him.

I realize in the past, the store he works for was not favored by the community, but things have changed in the past while. Service, product selection and pricing have been solid.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:23   #8
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
I think the frustration is more the lack of any response. If they are not going to allow someone as a retailer, they should say so in some kind of response.

What Viperfish is experiencing is the lack of even a basic response. Pretty uncivilized if you ask me.

We have also tried contacting them and have had ZERO response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
For what it's worth, my experiences with Viperfish have been good. I don't know why communications stopped, but if I had a say in anything, I'd recommend approval for him.

I realize in the past, the store he works for was not favored by the community, but things have changed in the past while. Service, product selection and pricing have been solid.
Agreed. Viperfish has been a big part of the turnaround there.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:27   #9
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

A year ago I sent an email inquiring about retail status as well and have yet to get any response. My original email stated my company name, what we are doing and why it would benefit ASC, as was asked in the sticky.
Same thing.. I was (and am) ready to pay for both retailer status and contributor. Any response would be awesome.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:53   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I cancelled my retailer payment because of a lack of any customer service whatsoever. I encourage other retailers to do the same.

Maybe if Lisa/Mantelope aren't receiving any Paypal/etc payments each month they'll take notice?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:06   #11
TechSeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I cancelled my retailer payment because of a lack of any customer service whatsoever. I encourage other retailers to do the same.

Maybe if Lisa/Mantelope aren't receiving any Paypal/etc payments each month they'll take notice?
Yet your Retail button remains. What sorcery is this???

North Trail Sports - Mora, Motorola, Puxing, Fogtech & More! / Our ASC Retail Thread
TechSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:07   #12
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSeller View Post
Yet your Retail button remains. What sorcery is this???

I think it runs out on the 6th.

....I mean uhhhh, I'M A WIZARD.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:11   #13
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I think it runs out on the 6th.

....I mean uhhhh, I'M A WIZARD.
You're a wizard harry...
Lack of any sort of response seems to be the running trend.
mainly after 1 or 2 pm's/emails.
regular life excused, maybe somebody more...active should take over that responsibility?
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:19   #14
kylem_8

Send a message via MSN to kylem_8
I have also experienced this same frustration. I was very suprised myself to have to try so hard to give someone my money! and exactly like the OP I see people looking for items that I have but am restricted from informing them.

I have decided to just give up on trying because I'm done trying to hound someone to give them money...
kylem_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 13:07   #15
Drake
E-01

Unfortunately the retailer portion of the forum is an area where none of the staff (owners aside) can do much: we do not have access to the EMT (bank) account, Paypal, or even know what the criteria is to become accepted as a retailer.

So even for things like status not being activated after payment gets sent in, there's little we can do besides sympathize.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General