Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Realistic AEG

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 25th, 2015, 19:15   #16
Sputmilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
But if you ask me what is the best motorcycle to move a sheet of plywood, I'm gonna tell you to buy a ***** truck....
If you need a truck to move a piece of plywood then it's time to go back to bed and rethink your life
Sputmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 19:53   #17
Wrath144
formerly steyr

OP, the closest thing to what you're looking for is the KWA RM4. Bolt stop on empty, simulated recoil. The fake bolt doesn't cycle in the chamber, though. Other than that they're well built and perform well. I own 2 BOLTs and I'm planning on getting rid of one for a RM4. They both have their ups and downs but for realism, the RM4 is on top in my books.
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:36   #18
brock0

You want TM recoil shock.

Pros: Recoil, bolt stop on empty, bolt movement, sounds amazing, shoots great (with or without upgrades)

Cons: Very expensive, proprietary mags, internal upgrades required to reach 400fps, stock battery configuration sucks.

Buying mine has ruined me for every other AEG platform. Love it to death.

Last edited by brock0; May 26th, 2015 at 11:38..
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:39   #19
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock0 View Post
You want TM recoil shock.

Pros: Recoil, bolt stop on empty, bolt movement, sounds amazing, shoots great (with or without upgrades)

Cons: Very expensive, proprietary mags, internal upgrades required to reach 400fps, stock battery configuration sucks.

Buying mine has ruined me for every other AEG platform. Love it to death.
tooo lateee he joined the kwa cult
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:40   #20
brock0

Has the rear wired version of the KWA been released yet?
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:55   #21
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock0 View Post
Has the rear wired version of the KWA EVER been released yet?
hahhahahahahhahahahahha.

no.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 16:26   #22
Ripperstyle

I wonder if I can find a tm recoil shock already modded from the retailer. I seen somebody posted that upgrading the spring on a tm would make it explode, figure of speech sure but is it really that hard to upgrade the spring in a tm recoil? Or is it that the stock internals are not able to handle the upgraded fps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ripperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 16:47   #23
Foxer2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperstyle View Post
I wonder if I can find a tm recoil shock already modded from the retailer. I seen somebody posted that upgrading the spring on a tm would make it explode, figure of speech sure but is it really that hard to upgrade the spring in a tm recoil? Or is it that the stock internals are not able to handle the upgraded fps?

If someone has a working upgraded one find out exactly what they did because a certain Overseas retailer attempted to upgrade it for North America and in doing so broke 4 rifles completely before sending a response starting they will no longer attempt this upgrade and we will not ship to Canada. So take it with a grain of salt but the internals and externals of that particular rifle just were not ment for 366+ as stated the factory FPS is 280
Foxer2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 17:11   #24
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

The buffer tube will not withstand the stresses of a 400fps spring. The piston either, likely the gears and gearbox shell as well.
you want realism go gas, you want function, low maintenance, go electric.
realistic and aeg dont really belong in the same scentance IMO. Yes companies have made attempts at it (some prety good) but at the end of it all they are just adding more moving parts to break in systems that alrdy have alot of lil stuff that can go wrong.
now looks wise there are alot of realistic aegs, the vfc/umarex line of H&K guns comes to mind, LCT AK's, systemas (also have the lock on empty feature).
and i contacted echigoyaguns and they told me they would upgrade the gun but if they break it I buy it wouldnt even give the option of me talking with their tech to get measurements and specs and then i send parts then they build gun and send (thats how they did my vsr for me) basically tho you will need a custom gearbox shell to avoid the V2 type failiure at the front. Then a custom buffer tube, or at least a modded one. And then piston and spring Thats at minumum for it to stay intact at 400 fps for any ammount of time. Could prolly do without the shell but may as well go big if yer gonna do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 23:11   #25
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

This is why I could care less about the sound and kick in an airsoft gun. Gimmicky would be an understatement. The kick and sound they make is at the the toy level and in no way adds to the realism for me. I'll wait till someone developed a pneumatic bolt and an electric sound projector to get close to real steel, until then "meh"...

Important realism equals: look, feel, weight, scale and compatibility. All out performance comes way before any of that though. Get the gun that'll eliminate your targets, plenty of ones are seriously realistic and can do just that. Don't get the gun that has a hissy hit in varying temperatures or is tethered to you like a lame paintball gun.

The electric bolt guns are neat, but they can be quite hard on themselves. People seem to be loving the KWA RM4, but I'd still recommend foregoing the electric bolt feature and getting a VFC.
Old May 30th, 2015, 10:45   #26
Ripperstyle

A few of the TM Recoil Shock Series being sold on triggerairsoft.com had this in the description, "Upgraded to 400 FPS Spring ONLY (nothing else modified)". So assuming it possible.

Ripperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:29   #27
Comeau-SCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
This is why I could care less about the sound and kick in an airsoft gun. Gimmicky would be an understatement. The kick and sound they make is at the the toy level and in no way adds to the realism for me. I'll wait till someone developed a pneumatic bolt and an electric sound projector to get close to real steel, until then "meh"...

Important realism equals: look, feel, weight, scale and compatibility. All out performance comes way before any of that though. Get the gun that'll eliminate your targets, plenty of ones are seriously realistic and can do just that. Don't get the gun that has a hissy hit in varying temperatures or is tethered to you like a lame paintball gun.

The electric bolt guns are neat, but they can be quite hard on themselves. People seem to be loving the KWA RM4, but I'd still recommend foregoing the electric bolt feature and getting a VFC.
B.L. tech is supposed to be releasing a sound simulator in the form of a M203 launcher, I'd love to see it if field organizers allow it. As for RM4 they are pretty good, and so are VFC.
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:38   #28
fretwire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHr1AN0RKYY

Compares it favourably to a few different .22 loads but doesn't look like it made it out of the woods.

Not for me because one of the things I like about Airsoft guns for indoor target shooting is that they're so quiet!
fretwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:52   #29
brock0

It's possible to put a spring in a TM to get it to 400fps, but the stock internals will eventually fail pulling that spring - it's just too stiff for a gun designed to shoot around 300fps out of the box.

I do have a mostly stock TM M4 with a special spring shooting around 330fps and I can tell you it shoots just as accurately as the wide variety of 400fps VFC guns I've owned with R-Hops and all that jazz.
Old June 1st, 2015, 12:59   #30
The Legacy

I recently became the happy owner of an Elite Force (Ares) Tavor, which, to my pleasant surprise, has Electric BlowBack (EBB). Though it lacks the recoil of some AEG realistic guns, it certainly does have it. It's worth a shot if you're looking for function over realism, while getting some realism along with it.
The Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank