Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Upgrades?

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 31st, 2015, 22:31   #1
rehab27

Upgrades?

I have a g&g cm 16 cqb and I was looking to upgrade some parts but im not sure what the best inner barrels or hop up units are. Also would it be a good idea for me to upgrade my motor? what motor should i purchase?

Thanks
rehab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:55   #2
zombiesniper

What do you want the gun to do that it doesn't do now? i.e. shoot further, better accuracy, shoot faster, higher rate of fire.

Once you answer this then you can start looking at the parts to upgrade.
zombiesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:42   #3
rehab27

I generally want to use it for cqb but i realize i cannot shoot from one end without the drop at about 100 feet even with my hop up dialed properly,(Id like to improve all things listed above). id like to shoot more accurately and a little bit further without having to change my fps (if possible), also id like to speed up my rate of fire. essentially i want to get a vfc vr 16 later on but i would like to tech this gun so that i may have a decent back up rifle.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:20   #4
zombiesniper

Okay, there are a few things that can be done to improve for cqb.

The hop up nub on every CM 16 (including the 2 I own) is to soft and doesn't push the bucking into the barrel enough. You can place a small piece of wire into the nub. This will increase your effective range and improve accuracy some, or you can replace the nub with a flat or bridge hop nub. This will also require a flat hop bucking. The flat/bridge hop should gain more accuracy and effective range than just stiffening the stock nub.

The best inner barrel is the straightest, smoothest one you can get. Barrel diameter and size isn't as important, even though you'll see many debates on the issue.

Personally I wouldn't mess to much with the rate of fire on a combat machine. It may handle it okay but I'd be inclined to believe that a catastrophic failure is more than likely going to be the outcome. But if you must, there are a couple of ways to do it. I won't go into detail since I don't do high ROF guns (maybe someone with more knowledge will step in).
Faster gears/motor.
More power i.e. Lipo.

Now having said all of this. The hop up / barrel changes are easy to do and could see the most difference without causing more stress on the gun so I would recommend starting there, gaming it and seeing if that's a good 90% solution or if you wish to continue into the mechbox for more upgrades.

Hope this helps and if anyone else see's anything I'm way off on please correct it.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 13:27   #5
Comeau-SCS

We really should have a guide about basic upgrades.
The logical way to make upgrades is to start with the compression part of the airsoft. Those are cylinder/ cylinder head/ piston head / nozzle / bucking. You are looking for a good fit of those pieces together to have an airseal as good as possible. A well tuned airsoft will have a deviation +-2 FPS. Some even report less deviation but +-2 is a good thing to aim for. With consistent shots and less airleaks everything will work better.

Lucky for you, those parts are not very expensive. And some of those in your airsoft might already be good enough, you'll have to test them.
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 14:16   #6
zombiesniper

Good point. I didn't go there because he didn't want to raise FPS.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 08:51   #7
rehab27

Thank you this helps alot
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank